Vaping

t8yman

Ah right, thanks for that I'll have a look at one tonight when I get in, I just threw it away because I thought it was faulty but now I realise it's probably the the way I've handled it or put it down

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how safe are these things then?

There hasn't been any epideomological studies done yet as they were only invented in 2004. But there's no dangerous chemicals (apart from nicotine).

Edited by worm

Not even close, they are a nicotine delivery system, nothing "grey area" about them.

i'm pretty sure they will get taken off me at any warehouse project style night <_<

mine came the other day, the pull on it is not as easy/smooth as the black one i bought from MEN (it was a one use only though, couldnt refill it) and i dont like the fact it looks like a cig as it means i will have more problems with using it in a club...

however i have been smoking less green, so it's serving its purpose :P

the people you have to call to cancel your monthly order are VERY determined to keep your custom aint they? :lol:

Not even close, they are a nicotine delivery system, nothing "grey area" about them.

I meant in terms of the regulation rather than legality.

There hasn't been any epideomological studies done yet as they were only invented in 2004. But there's no dangerous chemicals (apart from nicotine).

There's a GP blaming them for the death of a patient so maybe there needs to be. How long does it need to be around for?

Edited by rabid

Indeed. You'll be f**ked without refills though. I know I am right now, chewing on my gum <_<

there are no instructions with them, so i'm not really sure about this, but what do i need to search for in regards to refills from other companies?

is there a certain size or name for ones that will fit the one i've got?

• 2 months later...

I just had a go with an E-Lites cigarette on a promotional stall they have outside Euston station. Have to say I was pretty f**king impressed. Is it too good to be true? Has anyone on here turned back from electronic cigarettes to normal ones?

I just had a go with an E-Lites cigarette on a promotional stall they have outside Euston station. Have to say I was pretty f**king impressed. Is it too good to be true? Has anyone on here turned back from electronic cigarettes to normal ones?

I have, but I never bought it to stop me smoking, I bought it as a replacement for times when it was awkward for me to smoke (like on holiday/days out with the kids) I used it last night. A lot of the time it doesnt get used because I forget where I left it, or forget to charge it. I could quite happily go out without any fags, and just my vaper in my pocket. I might make the effort to use it more, and cut down on fags more.

My initial reaction when I first got it was "its amazing, I'm never smoking again" but the actual social smoker in me eventually broke through. the wife hates me smoking, so I think today I may redress the balance again.

My initial reaction when I first got it was "its amazing, I'm never smoking again" but the actual social smoker in me eventually broke through. the wife hates me smoking, so I think today I may redress the balance again.

Good luck!

That was my reaction too. It was my first experience of them and they genuinely looked like the best invention since sliced bread. Smoking is much more than the nicotine habbit though, but with a lot of my mates having quit recently, and with me moving to a new country soon where I won't know anyone to start with, in terms of the social smoking I'm probably not going to have a better time to give it a go.

• 4 months later...

Woah, I got an 'E-Lites' starter pack yesterday. Blown away. I'd say that the experience is about 85% as good as smoking a real cig.

I'd given up smoking for about 2 months and was doing well with it. I missed it because it's totally brilliant (sorry, but it is) but there was no danger of relapsing because the health risks were too much.

Anyway, I saw these on Groupon for £20 and thought I'd give it a go after remembering reading this thread ages ago & it really is (nearly) all of the good stuff with none of the bad stuff.

This is literally on a par with someone inventing a calorie free pizza that tastes almost the same as a proper one.

I just need to grow a pair now so that I can 'smoke' it in the office!

*well happy*

Despite the negative comments various regards e-lites and similar devices, I have to agree with most of what you've said as I've been using them since June. It's almost certainly way too late for me to be that concerned about the health side of things but it's saving me a small fortune every week apart from anything else :) Still can't quite give up on the real thing mind you although <1 pack a week instead of at least a dozen or more packs just has to be good thing in every respect ! Overall, my consumption is way down even based on e-lite's almost crazy claims with regards to the equivalent number of real fags per e-tip and I'm still not really noticing any negative effects but am noticing lots of positives.

HOWEVER ... I can't help feeling that you've been incredibly silly if you really did give up completely for 2 months *AND* have now just started vaping nicotine !!! Sure it's allegedly better from a health pov but there's still a significant long-term hit on the wallet for feeding the addiction :rolleyes: It's obviously entirely up to you what you do, none of my f***ing business and all that ... but 2 months without was a bl**dy good effort IMHO and it seems a bit of shame to return to being a slave to nicotine via e-lites or similar when you were well on the way to living without it. Or are you using the nicotine-free jobbies ?

This is literally on a par with someone inventing a calorie free pizza that tastes almost the same as a proper one.

... but it's still potentially a product that you are or will become totally dependent on and therefore a *very* good business to be in because much like with tobacco companies, customers will effectively need to keep throwing money at the company long-term ;)

TBH it never ceases to surprise me that tobacco companies various haven't got directly involved in this type of product in order to try and secure their revenue streams no matter what happens. I mean they have prodcued and promoted herbal and various other smokable tobacco alternatives or substitutes in the past even if they did all fail pretty miserably at the time !

Edited by mikeb

i love my e-cig :D

i tried one that looked like a cig for a while, but the amount of bother you get with it from security, waiters, bouncers or just people who really dislike smoking is just annoying

got myself a eGo-T, plain matt black colour without the led light in the end, battery is twice the size so only charge it once a week really, and i have a box of 15 different flavours. From cigar to watermelon, vanilla to turkish blend :)

one problem, accidentally ordered nicotine free liquid, so though it works a treat most of the time, if i get realllllly drunk then i give in to a cig off a friend... Ordering a bottle of nicotine liquid this evening so i'll no longer have an excuse to give in. The money i spent on it i've already saved by not buying tobacco and i feel a hundred times healthier.

i <3 vaping

HOWEVER ... I can't help feeling that you've been incredibly silly if you really did give up completely for 2 months *AND* have now just started vaping nicotine !!! Sure it's allegedly better from a health pov but there's still a significant long-term hit on the wallet for feeding the addiction :rolleyes: It's obviously entirely up to you what you do, none of my f***ing business and all that ... but 2 months without was a bl**dy good effort IMHO and it seems a bit of shame to return to being a slave to nicotine via e-lites or similar when you were well on the way to living without it. Or are you using the nicotine-free jobbies ?

I see what you’re saying but the bottom line is that I enjoy it and get a great deal of pleasure out of it. I never really smoked that much, probably between 3 and 7 cigs a day, so the nicotine withdrawal was easily managed with gum & the cost of 'smoking' that many E-Lites a day is pretty negligible.

I've done a decent amount of research & I'm happy that the health effects are fairly negligible so I just don't see a good reason not to do it.

The only problem I see is that now it's not bad for me, I can do it inside & it doesn't make me stink I'm smoking more than I used to. I've ordered some of the nicotine free tips & when they come I'm going to limit my nicotine intake to 5 cigs worth a day.

• 1 month later...

*** promotional offer referred to below has now ended ***

Anyone currently using any of the e-lites products might want to take a wander over to their website TODAY (26th December) to procure any supplies they might need because according to an email received just now::

As a huge 'THANK YOU' to all our wonderful customers we are offering a massive 50% discount off everything in our E-Lites store. This is our biggest ever sale and is only available on Boxing Day. There's not much more we can say really... just visit www.E-Lites.co.uk

BOXINGDAY - voucher code

This offer is only available on Boxing Day, that's 26th December 2011 (just in case you weren't sure). To claim the 50% discount simply enter the code BOXINGDAY at checkout. The code is not valid with any other offers.

Whilst not intentionally trying to promote this particular company's products (I'm just a happy customer and have no vested interest), if you're thinking of trying an e-cig in an attempt to move away from the Real Thing TM then it may be worth a quicky looky see as you could test drive the things for just a few quid. HOWEVER, there are plenty of other options around to consider if you're really looking to dump the fags so please do your own research first to ensure that these are right for you and all that :) Also, if you're not already a slave to nicotine then it *REALLY* isn't a good idea to become one so my advice just has to be don't even think of using these or any similar devices unless you're already well and truly hooked on the bl**dy stuff ! Neither your body nor Mr.Wallet will thank you for being stupid enough to enter into a shiny new long-term relationship with Mr.Nicotine via any means ;)

Edited by mikeb

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone recommend any good and cheap online UK Juice suppliers?

I'm looking for ones that are a bit like old fashioned pipe tobacco - I do like me vaping to be tobacco taste/perfume related and about 12mg. Or alternatively any interesting flavoured carts that fit a KRD808-1 manual with Clearomizer

Other than

A& W Root Beer 24mg

Shirley Temple 24mg

Camel Turkish Jade 24mg

Coffee 24mg

DK-TAB 24mg

Doral 24mg

Dunhill 24mg

Ginger Ale 24mg

Homemade Strawberry Lemonade 24mg

Mark Ten Bleu-Canadian Blend 24mg

Newport 24mg

Pina Colada with Captain Morgan 24mg

Strawberry Banana Bubble Yum 24mg

V2 Red 24mg

Lucky Strikes 22mg

Cherry Cola 20mg

V2 Red 22mg

Benson & Hedges Classic (red badge) 18mg

Coffee 18mg

Doral 18mg

Jack Daniel's Whiskey 18mg

V2 Red/V2 Congress Mix 18mg

V2 Red 18mg

Strawberry Daiquiri 16mg

V2 Menthol 14mg

Mocha Coffee 12mg

Peach Cigarillo Honey 12mg

Congress 10mg

Sweet Vanilla Menthol 9mg

Benson & Hedges 8mg

Winfiel Gold Cigarette 8mg

Peppermint 6mg

Menthol 5mg

Virginia Slims 4mg

Kent tobacco 3mg

Menthol 3mg

Sahara 3mg

V2 Red 2mg

Congress 1mg

Red 1mg

Alpine Supreme premium menthol 1mg

Cola 0mg

Sahara 0mg

Cuban Cigar 0mg

Edited by 5co77ie

Anyone recommend any good and cheap online UK Juice suppliers?

I'm looking for ones that are a bit like old fashioned pipe tobacco - I do like me vaping to be tobacco taste/perfume related and about 12mg. Or alternatively any interesting flavoured carts that fit a KRD808-1 manual.

Other than

A& W Root Beer 24mg

Shirley Temple 24mg

Camel Turkish Jade 24mg

Coffee 24mg

DK-TAB 24mg

Doral 24mg

Dunhill 24mg

Ginger Ale 24mg

Homemade Strawberry Lemonade 24mg

Mark Ten Bleu-Canadian Blend 24mg

Newport 24mg