2000 Trees Festival

captain futility

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great time. First time at the fest and was stewarding, but really enjoyed myself. Saw plenty of good bands, although from what people say on here I made the wrong choice at virtually every clash I'd been pondering (Stornoway over Maybeshewill, Nine Black Alps over Black Moth, Dry the River over Wet Nuns), although I still enjoyed the bands I saw. ASIWYFA were excellent.

When did This Town Needs Guns drop out? I'd been looking forward to them.

But yeah, really nice festival and definitely want to go back next year.

just got back ..... maybeshewill blew every band out of the water just stunning!

good bands - maybeshewill, Adebisi Shank, Wet Nuns, Bovine, Black Moth

Bovine were awesome the lead singer was a decent chap too, had a good natter with him by the bar. Agree with your other choices apart from Black Moth, enjoyed Phat Bollard's massive busk outs, really liked the acts in Leaf too, and impressed by a few acts in there - a decent selection of quality acts - at that ticket price how do they get such a decent line-up?

Frank was much better on Thursday i felt.

And what was going on with main stage sound - was it being fried by the heat as the sun dipped?

A great no frills festival....

wish i'd found the hidden venue, heard good things about it.

More to follow

Also I cant believe how empty the campsite was. Usually its pretty cosy for space. I know they didn't sell out this year but I had no idea just how badly tickets had sold. Hope its ok for next year though.

Which one? The one by the main stage was quiet, the big one on thehill was pretty full. I'd put the crowd at not much shy of 5,000

Past 4 years I've camped in the field nearest the main stage and its always been a lot tighter for space. Was a lot of huge spaces around that could easily have fitted a camp of 4/5 tents in.

The other field wasn't as bad but there was still a lot of space between tents.

loved how most of the bands were just milling about .. had a chat with a few

Some of the guys from Hildamay commented on my Between the Buried and me shirt and had a good little chat with them

one thing though ... those Rocks were lethal after having a few ciders

I heard a rumour on Saturday that InMe were splitting and Gazz Marlow was doing his first solo gig as a secret set.

Edited to add: Yes his Facebook says, "Looks like I'm gonna be doing a little acoustic unplugged set at 2000 Trees Festival on Saturday approx 12.30am (yes, at night). Yaay "

I saw Jay (Beans On Toast) take his guitar off for something.

And Phat Bollard said they were playing again Saturday 11pm after their main bar show late Friday.

Edited by 5co77ie

thanks for that - I wondered what they were called!

I was keeping an eye out for you at Wet Nuns as I gathered you would be there, just to introduce myself, but didn't see you. Then I obviously missed you in there too!

"Fat Bottomed Girls" was ace.

I bought their EP on bandcamp on Monday. Its top.

decent review, but was a review of the bands more than a review of the festival. better than I could have written admittedly, but more detail on the layout, facilities, and general experience would have been welcome.

I appreciate your comments, but all of that can be found out from the festivals website.