2000 Trees Festival

captain futility

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Not long now, starting to get excited, escpecially seeing as most of our normal festival "crew" are heading off to Download this weekend (and I'm not going :( )

I hope the weather holds out, theres nothing that puts a dampener (pun kinda intended) on a festival than the british summer weather!

As this is my first small festival I'm really looking forward to experiencing that vibe, the decent food, the decent beer, and discovering a part of the world I have never been to.

Edited by t8yman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not a clue mate, I was under the impression you could park next to your tent, but thats obviously not an option.

they do say "there is plenty of room for everyone"

we are gonna have quite a big setup, 7 of us going, we will have at least 4 tents, and a gazebo. so I hope space is plentiful.

I've got there at about 1pm Thursday for the past 4 years and have probably queued for about half hour each time tops. The car park is next to the arena entrance so no need to lug EVERYTHING in one go - very easy to nip back and grab your crates etc once you've set up camp. As for space. Theres 2/3 large fields so plenty but if you're rocking up friday night then you may struggle for a sizable area. Should be ok just for the tent though..

set times posted on facebook ........ worst clash for me has to be Black Moth, Nine Black Alps and Family Rain playing at the same time!

last day at work now cant wait .... my crate of beer and whisky is going to get very warm very quickly though

well, what a fantastic weekend. feeling very jaded after the 3.5 hour drive home.

the good - the whole setup, the vibe, the people, the music, the food,

the bad - little disappointed with the drinks on offer, and the tent robbing c**ts from Thursday night. lots of people got robbed. very poor lighting round the campsite - i understand the light pollution issue, but it almost certainly made the tent robbers job a lot easier.

highpoints - funeral for a friend, fighting with wire, bovine, wet nuns, black moth and the absolute winner goes to maybeshewill. amazing set. yes I am biased, i love the band, but there was something special in that tent.

just got back ..... maybeshewill blew every band out of the water just stunning!

good bands - maybeshewill, Adebisi Shank, Wet Nuns, Bovine, Black Moth

not sure why i expected the average age to be older or if it was the case i was camped around alot of 17 year olds

the food was stunning .... beer ran out to many times though which was a shame ......

heard a robber get caught red handed on the thursday night i think or friday ..... by camp turner was hoping the guy would of given him a right beating

if he did, i dont think the people got their gear back, the woman in the tent behind us lost her purse, iphone, and all cash.

glastonbury pizza company was a godsend. the tamale stand was great, and my mate got a lovely mixed burrito with bbq chicken and kofta in it in the main arena last night. one of the funniest things was the "12 hour smoked pulled pork and rib" stand, with the "no pork, no ribs" sign out all day yesterday. fail!

ha yeah they all went very early ... the bbq bombay place was great, that tamale place was very good as well

thank god i prefered most of the cave bands ... dont think i would have survived in the main stage sun all day

First time in 5 years I've been and not camped for the weekend (only live in Gloucester so not far to drive each day) due to a combination of no money/no close mates going/what i thought was a weak line up. How wrong was I on the last one?!

Because I spent the majority of the weekend going round by myself it meant I got to watch a lot more bands and made a lot more new discoveries and probably ended up having a much better festival than I would usually.

Like you guys have said already, I think Maybeshewill had the set of the weekend. Absolutely mindblowing! Special mentions to ASIWYFA, Ben Marwood, Cold Crows Dead and FWW who I thought were all brilliant as well.

Best discoveries of the weekend: Wet Nuns, Wot Gorilla?, The Family Rain, Axes, The Physics House Band and Emperor Yes.

Just really hope it rains next year! That heat was unbearable, I actually saw some people going round by the main stage offering money for the shade some people were sitting in.

Also I cant believe how empty the campsite was. Usually its pretty cosy for space. I know they didn't sell out this year but I had no idea just how badly tickets had sold. Hope its ok for next year though.