2000 Trees Festival

captain futility

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a great little festival. If you've never been I urge you to check it out. The organizers are trying to keep it small but its gaining so much popularity i'm not sure if they will be able to. Hopefully it won't loose any of the things that make it so special.

Word of warning though.. It seems to take place during monsoon season in cheltenham. Every year has been a bit of a wash out so take your wellies! You'll need them!

More announced today!

Frightened Rabbit will headline the saturday night.

Also playing are:

Straight Lines

Islet

Ellen & the Escapades

Devil Sold His Soul

Talons

James Cleaver Quintet

Exit Ten

Dizer Aeli and the Small Gods

Stringer Bessant

Sound of Rum

Stage Coach

FRabbit!!! :D

is the early entry / v.i.p ticket the way to go?

Yeah. I've done it the last 2 years. Got onto the site at about 2 (although it opens earlier this year) had the best pick of where to make camp and theres been plenty of great music to watch and enjoy. Well worth it for an extra £12.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

only been to y not once (2009), and i think 2000trees beats it, even if only because you can pitch your tent within spitting distance of 'the cave' and only a stone's throw from the main stage.

even this years' mud was really only surface water when compared to glastonbury mud!

highlights of the weekend: maybeshewill x2, an incendiary performance from future of the left, 2:54, great nostalgia from hundred reasons and a new favourite band in antlered man.

t8yman - don't forget you will need to buy early entry tickets for the thursday night (around 15 quid extra), available next february

• 6 months later...

Really looking forward to these announcements, will probably be going to either 2000 Trees or Y-Not this year. The Joy Formidable headlining would be just super.

Am I right in guessing that they're pretty similar (inc line-up) other than Y-Not is three full days and 2000 Trees two and a bit, and that 2000 Trees is 'family-friendly' (as in advertises itself as such rather than just being a nice place)?

Edited by mrtourette