Who else is going to be added to the line up?

Guest starryeyedsurprise

Today?? Normally one by now if it was going to happen.

Personally happy with Sunday, I think kasabian are fantastic, I'm sure beady eye won't be that bad. Cast are a must for me too. Depending on times as well I would like to see some of the manics. And I'm a big fan of the script (I know!!).

Edited by Flaminglippy

Absolutly brilliant!! Pissing myself laughing, maybe the best forum message I have ever read.

You are right, and I do think even if it was the exact same line up bit switching Sundays closing 2 with Saturdays closing 2 then everyone would be happy (well actually people would have moaned the foos and the manics would clash).

Well maybe an announcment tomorrow, but don't actually think he has booked all the Friday lineup main stage yet so guessing it would be big top acts.

I reckon the Friday might surprise us...they must have loads of money floating about to pay for bands given whos already been booked (except for the headliners). QOTSA/Suede/White Lies/The Enemy would be my bet for two of the rock acts he's referred to.

Outside shout for a slot...BB King?? Elvis Costello??

(mind you...if they didn't book Frank Turner because he wanted too much, we've probably got bugger all chance of getting these!)

PS went on the forum on the official website again last night...had to take a shower after. Absolutely dreadful...sample topic (this being under the 'festival' thread mind, not the 'general q&a') 'Whats in your fridge?'...previous topics have also included 'What should I name my dog?' and 'Wheres the best place to park in Paris?'

Edited by Flaminglippy

I reckon the Friday might surprise us...they must have loads of money floating about to pay for bands given whos already been booked (except for the headliners). QOTSA/Suede/White Lies/The Enemy would be my bet for the two rock acts he's referred to.

Outside shout for a slot...BB King?? Elvis Costello??

(mind you...if they didn't book Frank Turner because he wanted too much, we've probably got bugger all chance of getting these!)

PS went on the forum on the official website again last night...had to take a shower after. Absolutely dreadful...sample topic (this being under the 'festival' thread mind, not the 'general q&a') 'Whats in your fridge?'...previous topics have also included 'What should I name my dog?' and 'Wheres the best place to park in Paris?'

There are definatly some odd things on there.

I love how musically tastes differ, all the bands you have listed for the Friday I wouldn't be fussed about in the slightest. Now give me the kooks, brandon flowers, the drums, snow patrol or a couple of people like willie nelson or ray davies. Then I would be happy

There are definatly some odd things on there.

I love how musically tastes differ, all the bands you have listed for the Friday I wouldn't be fussed about in the slightest. Now give me the kooks, brandon flowers, the drums, snow patrol or a couple of people like willie nelson or ray davies. Then I would be happy

Now someone just posted on the iow forum that Fridays confirmed lineup is:

kol

Mumford and sons

James blunt

frank turner

chase and status

I do doubt this as I'm sure it was confirmed that both mumford and sons and also frank turner weren't playing iow. Who knows. It also says tune in to absolute radio at 8 am to hear the news.

Now someone just posted on the iow forum that Fridays confirmed lineup is:

kol

Mumford and sons

James blunt

frank turner

chase and status

I do doubt this as I'm sure it was confirmed that both mumford and sons and also frank turner weren't playing iow. Who knows. It also says tune in to absolute radio at 8 am to hear the news.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Well there is normally an announcement about a announcement happening snd there has been nothing so... I guess it's rubbish.

Also giddings has been saying that munford and sons said no this year and frank turner was too expensive.

If these were playing on the Friday surely it should be

kol

Mumford and sons

James blunt

chase and status

frank turner

that would be more reasonable

I've always been put off IOW before by the whole ferry thing, but couldnt resist the headliners! I will go to the ends of the earth for Kasabian.

I'd quite appreciate it if Stereophonics, Arcade Fire and Wombas could be added, mainly because after coughing up for the ferry I now cant afford tickets for wombats and arcade fire lol, Courteeners would be good as well and Ian Brown would be a dream.

I read on facebook today that The Cult self announced last night at their gig at Hammersmith and thats what I'm really looking forward to the ecclectic mix of new and old, I last saw them in 1990 I think it was at Milton Keynes Bowl supporting Guns and Roses, cant wait to see what else the lovely people at IOW come up with.

I'm like you, the headliners made me book a ticket. Love all 3 of them and throw in Pulp as a 4 the headliner then we have to be happy.

Arcade Fire you have no chance!! Playing a gig at Hyde park and headlining other festivals so won't play 2nd fiddle to Kings of Leon. The other 2 there is a chance though i suppose.

Woul love a few more people I love to be announced such as The Kooks, Brandon Flowers, Ellie Goulding and Mumford and Sons but who knows.

Yeah The Cult have self confirmed for both IOW and Download

If you didn't know Download is announced TWENTY acts Monday night, so that may help with filling in your IOW gaps. Perhaps, obviously we're sharing The Cult.

Also either self confirmed for Download or are very likely and hinted at are Pendulum, Wolfmother, Skunk Anansie, Gaslight Anthem and Alter Bridge. Think any of those could fit in at IOW