Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

22 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Kraftwerk 3-D was great last night at the Sage.

Yes- I was at it last night in Sheffield and was excellent.  5th time I have seen them and as good as always.

Also went to Thee Oh Sees in Manchester on Wednesday night for the 1st time and thoroughly enjoyed that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to see Jesse Malin again last night, as excellent as always but must be getting dispiriting for him as the audience seems to get smaller with every tour. I know it was a Sunday night but only about 60 people there last night.

Anyway, he doesn't let it have any effect on the show, he always gives it plenty. Nice addition of a sax and trumpet on this tour which made for an excellent cover of Rock 'n' Roll Radio.

Bought an old album and his new EP on vinyl which he signed for me and gave me a free t-shirt because he thought my Hold Steady one was cool :)

In other news, £5.10 for a pint! Bloody robdogs.  

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Well we got Arcade Fire presale but it's 63 quid a ticket! That's crazy. Why have gigs suddenly jumped up to 40-80 quid range?

Been that way for a while now, you're not getting much change from 70 notes to see anything in an arena these days (says it all when I deemed £50 for QOTSA to be cheap). Even one/two album Academy fodder is up around the 30 quid mark.

Arcade Fire will be great though, saw them in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and they were probably the best I've ever seen them. Decided to sit this tour out though as my wallet has taken an absolute pounding lately due to gigs.

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Been that way for a while now, you're not getting much change from 70 notes to see anything in an arena these days (says it all when I deemed £50 for QOTSA to be cheap). Even one/two album Academy fodder is up around the 30 quid mark.

Arcade Fire will be great though, saw them in Manchester a couple of weeks ago and they were probably the best I've ever seen them. Decided to sit this tour out though as my wallet has taken an absolute pounding lately due to gigs.

Would have love to have gone but i cannot afford that. Not right now anyway.

Yeah, there's about 30 spots in the pub car park (possibly less at the minute as they're expanding around the back). 

Also loads of street parking in the area as it's in a residential area, not in the city centre. Would definitely say it'd be easier for parking than BOTW or Leadmill. 

It's also the best venue of the 3!

• 1 month later...

got a good couple months coming up:

September:

• 23rd - Omni @ Patterns, Brighton
  • 25th - The National  @ Eventim Apollo
  • 30th - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The O2

October:

• 9th - Grizzly Bear @ Brixton Academy
  • 17th - Black Uhuru (performed by Mykal Rose) @ Komedia, Brighton
  • 19th - Forest Swords @ The Haunt, Brighton
  • 20th - HMLTD @ Patterns, Brighton
  • 22nd - Nadine Shah @ Concorde 2, Brighton
  • 24th  - Ibibio Sound Machine @ The Haunt, Brighton

November:

• 1st - Abstract Orchestra does Madvillainy @ Komedia, Brighton
  • 9th - Father John Misty @ Brighton Dome
  • 26th - Fleet Foxes @ Brixton Academy
  • 30th - Algiers @ The Haunt, Brighton

Coming up in the next few months:

Billy Bragg - Libpool Philharmonic
The Travelling Band - Libpool Shipping Forecast
Mik Artistik :D - Libpool 24 Kitchen Street

And because my sister buys the worst gifts ever and she has a memory of me singing along when I was 6, she decided that for my 50th she'd get me tickets for...
Suzi Quatro - Libpool Echo Arena. As if that wasn't bad enough, this is part of a 4 act nostalgia fest from an era before even my time. Yer Suzi might have been fun in a bar but an arena? And just wallow in the abject misery of the other acts. It's 3 of The Osmonds! Now here comes, minus the dead singer, Hot Chocolate! Holy shiznit, you've got to be kidding me, it's David Essex! 

I wouldn't mind but she got tickets for her and her husband to come along too. so I can't even sell them on and pretend I went. FML.

• 1 month later...