Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Guy Garvey the other night was a pretty enjoyable gig I have to say. He really does seem like a nice guy and can really work a room. Pete Jobson from I am Kloot is touring with him and played lead and even took to the piano to play a few of his own tunes. Support was from the Beta Bands Steve Mason which was not bad at all. Could have thought of worse ways to spend a Monday evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Great night on Sunday at Craig Charles. Wasn`t sure it would be busy with it being the Sunday night between Christmas and Hogmanay and he has played at the ABC before but it was sold out and the place was packed.

Decent, funky support band and CC did his thing from 12-2am. New from the previous times I have seen him, he was joined on stage for about 20mins by a saxaphone player who was brilliant. Don`t think I`ve ever seen the bars busier or the q for the jaickets and a cracking last gig of the year.

Won`t be everyone`s cup of tea but huge singalong to this at the end and the weegies were in top party mood :drinks:

• 1 month later...

Barry Adamson,  Islington 03/03/16, rare opportunity to see him live in UK. Finally remembered to use the efsts link to buy tickets and exact same price as cheapest I could find.

2 plugs there :)

Edited by whisty

10 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Hey Nal. See Mr Lanegan and Mr Garwood are playing the Academy in April? If not thought you would like to know 

Saw that yeah. Didn't know it was with Duke Garwood though? So they'll be doing the Black Pudding stuff? Superb!

Tickets on sale tomorrow. Time to resurrect the Lanegan thread.

44 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Didn't know it was with Duke Garwood though?

Well according to Garwood himself he will be joining him. I get the impression it will be as a support act but they will obviously do some stuff together during the headline. 

I shall be heading out on the road with the soulful maestro  Mark Lanegan in April

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If you don't want the robbing bastard touts such as Viagogo, then scarlet mist, gumtree or twickets. They do tend to get more the closer you gt to the date though.

Cheers Ill keep an eye out. Really want to catch Brian Wilson but hes skipped Ireland. 

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Just to clarify, I meant the websites get more tickets last minute, rather than the price increasing. Just realised it was ambiguous. 

Monday morning but I got you yeah. Always the way. People realising they can't go at the last minute.

Doesn't help me with the cost of flights though!

Edited by The Nal

10 hours ago, The Nal said:

Wheres the best place to look for tickets in the resale market in the UK?

Don't know if this will necessarily translate to an oldie like Brian, but I've had a 100% sucess rate at getting a face value ticket from looking on the artist's FB page in the weeks before the gig. Setting up a Scarlet Mist alert is a no-brainer though.

Which reminds me, if anybodys got 2x tickets to either of the Funeral For A Friend shows in Manchester for face value, please PM me!

Currently have tickets for...

Hinds (Junction 2 - Cambridge)

Savages (Junction - Cambridge)

Sundara Karma/Blaenavon (Portland Arms - Cambridge)

Black Honey (Portland Arms - Cambridge)

Gwenno (Moth Club - London)

Glen Hansard (Palladium - London)

Hans Zimmer (Wembley Arena - London)

Teleman (Portland Arms - Cambridge)

ELO (O2 Arena - London)

Holy Esque (Portland Arms - Cambridge)

Super Furry Animals (Junction - Cambridge)

Three Trapped Tigers (Portland Arms - Cambridge)

Field Day Festival (PJHarvey day)

Glastonbury

Standon Calling Festival

Green Man Festival

John Carpenter (Troxy - London)

The Cure (Wembley Arena - London Thurs&Sat)

I think I may have just worked out where all my money goes!

This year i got lined up so far:

16 February Foals (Everything Everything), Wembley Arena

20 February Marina and the Diamonds. Roundhouse

24 March Fat Freddy's Drop,   Brixton Academy

12 April Muse. The O2

Hoping Savages and Clean Cut Kid still have tickets when i get paid to! Been looking forward to Foals for age, can't believe its next week!

Sauna Youth were magnificent!
Coming up I've got:
NO CARS at Daylight Music at the Union Chapel on the 27th. DM is always a delight!
The Spook School, Evans the Death, Pete Astor an a few others at the label mates all-dayer at The Moth Club on the 7th March.
Gwenno, also at the Moth Club 12th March. Really looking forward to this as her album is ace.

Loads pencilled in including Emmy the Great, Paul Heaton, Kiran Leonard, Lucius, Mexrrissey, Augustines, Moulettes, Molotov Jukebox, Tom Robinson, September Girls and Julien Baker but can't decided for sure and book until work have released the on-call rota for the next few months.

Edited by beanstew