Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

On 28/11/2015, 08:44:29, DomDom1984 said:

So that's me sorted for Enter Shikari, and I'm in one of the booths on the balcony in the Academy for the first time. Always wanted to know what it's like in one of those things, and will also be good to look down on the crowd.

I saw Doves from the balcony in there about 5 years ago and it was decent enough. Think we went in the second or third balcony in and the view was alright there.

Just now, ThomThomDrum said:

Will be interested to hear how this goes. One of the first times I have really not been arsed when the Prodigy came to town

Got freebies so wasn't particularly arsed myself. But 20 years almost to the day since I saw them first in the same venue. Well, The Point.

Am more interested in seeing the type of crowd nearly!

34 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Got freebies so wasn't particularly arsed myself. But 20 years almost to the day since I saw them first in the same venue. Well, The Point.

Am more interested in seeing the type of crowd nearly!

Last time they played down there myself and a mate threw ourselves into it and got down with the kool kidz up front. A lot of sweating, squashing, loosing of shoes etc etc going on (exactly as it was back in in the mid 90s with respect to that sort of shenanigans). Had fun, but in reality probably should not have been up there. The Prodigy do belong to a different generation now. I finally realised it when the likes of Poison and Out of Space where no longer guaranteed on their setlists. 

He has been dropping Everybody in the place on this tour so if lucky i'm sure that will bring a smile to some of the older faces there

7 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Last time they played down there myself and a mate threw ourselves into it and got down with the kool kidz up front. A lot of sweating, squashing, loosing of shoes etc etc going on (exactly as it was back in in the mid 90s with respect to that sort of shenanigans). Had fun, but in reality probably should not have been up there. The Prodigy do belong to a different generation now. I finally realised it when the likes of Poison and Out of Space where no longer guaranteed on their setlists. 

He has been dropping Everybody in the place on this tour so if lucky i'm sure that will bring a smile to some of the older faces there

He played Diesel Power and No Good the other night but I'm really interested to see how the new stuff gets over live.

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He played Diesel Power and No Good the other night but I'm really interested to see how the new stuff gets over live.

Id reckon it will go down just as well as when the stuff off Invaders Must Die was being played for the first time. With the exception Wild Frontier probably if he plays that...............I cant believe anyone actually likes that! ;) But Id say The Day is My Enemy will be a cracker

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

So The Prodigy were fucking great. As good as I've ever seen them. New stuff is superb live. Much older crowd than 09. Was expecting it to be full of pilled up kids. 

Good stuff. Surprised myself they are still pulling the old folk to the shows, but thats really only based on my recent attitude change to em I suppose. Maybe the Monday gig is less attractive to those relying on their weekend pocket money.

Anything of note/interest dropped by Mr Howlett? 

59 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Anything of note/interest dropped by Mr Howlett? 

From the old tunes - Breathe, Firestarter, Voodoo People, Smack my Bitch Up, Their Law, No Good. 

The light show and PA blew me away. As good as I've seen and heard anywhere.

Oh and they dropped this! 

Edited by The Nal