Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

2 hours ago, GlastoSimon said:

To be fair to most outlets, I've only really heard 'Californian rock band'. Which lazy places have been throwing about 'death metal?'

The BBC were on the night it happened. Plenty of others did as well. Most have edited their stories/headlines since.

4 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Has anyone else been annoyed by the media reporting Paris attacks referring to EoDM as a death metal band?

Yeah, some places when it was first happening and they didn't quite know what was going on. It  was almost like they was treating it as a bad thing to be at a death metal gig. I mean they was wrong, but what does it matter what the genre was?!

5 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

The BBC were on the night it happened. Plenty of others did as well. Most have edited their stories/headlines since.

Ah okay, hadn't seen much of it myself but that's a shame. 

3 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Yeah, some places when it was first happening and they didn't quite know what was going on. It  was almost like they was treating it as a bad thing to be at a death metal gig. I mean they was wrong, but what does it matter what the genre was?!

I think its more lazy journalism to be honest. Look at band name, 'oh must be death metal'. 

I assumed they were a death metal band, from their name. Why wouldnt you assume they are a death metal band if they are called eagles of death metal??

just like I expect the london philharmonic orchestra to be an orchestra.

Why would a journalist need to listen to their music to report on the story, which is loads of people getting killed. The band was utterly irrelevant.

heard a few news outlest mentioning it might of been targeted due to it being a death metal gig ...it takes one staff member to do a 5 second google to get a news story correct...well that's how it works in newsroom!

anyway back to topic

Maybeshewill, Explosions in the Sky and 65 days of Static in a 3 week period in april ....bring on the instrumental

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

My Chvrches ticket for next Friday arrived today, buzzing!

Enjoy!! They was ace in September, new stuff live is rather good!

My Dad convinced me this evening to go see UB40 and Steel Pulse at Brixton with him at the end of December.  I like Steel Pulse...but not sure what I've let myself in for going to see UB40!

Still he originally did think it was the other UB40 at the O2 he had heard the ad for on the radio. (Got confused with The o2, and o2 academies :P). So this seems slightly better.

First trip to Leeds' legendary Brudenell Social Club last night. What an amazing venue, less than £2 for a pint of Theakston, all my dreams had come true. It's now on my radar, worth the hour's drive in my eyes.

On 11/20/2015, 10:31:38, pryce said:

Maybeshewill, Explosions in the Sky and 65 days of Static in a 3 week period in april ....bring on the instrumental

Where you seeing 65dos? I'm a bit annoyed there's no Manchester date, may have to drag myself all the way to Hebden Bridge.

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎14‎:‎27, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

First trip to Leeds' legendary Brudenell Social Club last night. What an amazing venue, less than £2 for a pint of Theakston, all my dreams had come true. It's now on my radar, worth the hour's drive in my eyes.

Where you seeing 65dos? I'm a bit annoyed there's no Manchester date, may have to drag myself all the way to Hebden Bridge.

Leicester for Handmade festival