Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Saw Between the Buried and me on Friday night ...on top form once again, brilliant band.

and then bit of a change with Florence and the Machine on sat night ...again really really good. lots of energy and sounded great

only got Turbowolf and Maybeshewill coming up now

Saw Chvrches last week at their Tufnell Park Dome show! What a gig! Had basically their full lighting rig and the new album songs sound great live! I am even more in love with Lauren :P

Plus what a great venue that is! Never been before, but was really impressed with, let the right amount of people, can view the stage from the back, so was to get to the bar and toilet! A proper bar, charging £4.25 for a pint! Fantastic!

Just Battles left this year, then next year I've booked Marina and the Diamonds at the roundhouse and going to the tuesday Muse date at the O2. (Was really really fucking annoyed with those extra thursday and friday dates added).

Saw Chvrches last week at their Tufnell Park Dome show! What a gig! Had basically their full lighting rig and the new album songs sound great live! I am even more in love with Lauren :P

Plus what a great venue that is! Never been before, but was really impressed with, let the right amount of people, can view the stage from the back, so was to get to the bar and toilet! A proper bar, charging £4.25 for a pint! Fantastic!

Just Battles left this year, then next year I've booked Marina and the Diamonds at the roundhouse and going to the tuesday Muse date at the O2. (Was really really fucking annoyed with those extra thursday and friday dates added).

I was waiting for the second date at Manchester to be announced before I even thought about tickets - got them from the Arena site and they've already been delivered.. insanity! Looking forward to it though - sounds like it's going to be a good set of gigs!

Charging £4.25 for a pint is fantastic? I'm glad I don't live in London :P

Most gig venues in London like Brixton Academy etc. its over a fiver for a pint of Tuboug/Somersby (and normally tastes worse than usual).

So £4.25 for a decent Kronenberg was incredible value relatively :P

I was waiting for the second date at Manchester to be announced before I even thought about tickets - got them from the Arena site and they've already been delivered.. insanity! Looking forward to it though - sounds like it's going to be a good set of gigs!

Yeah I am really looking forward to the new stage setup! (Probs more than the music in a way :P)

I went to the Chvrches gig too and it was indeed awesome! Loads of room despite being sold out and will be a far better experience than their Alexandra Palace gig which I have now sold my ticket for after managing to get the Tufnell Park one.

For me...

Sept - Kid Wave, Chvrches

Oct - John Grant (Rough Trade instore gig), Gaz Coombes, Rockaway Beach weekend (with Johnny Marr, Spiritualized, Public Service Broadcasting), Editors

Nov - Garbage, Mik Artistik, Maccabees, Chvrches (again!)

Dec - Mew

So 2nd Chvches gig off the list (and the Gaz Coombes London gig) but now have tickets (or will by Friday) for...

Oct - Stealing Sheep

Nov - Heavenly 25th Anniversary gig with Wytches / NOTS / Britain + Primal Scream DJing (The Garage London)

Dec - Gaz Coombes (Cambridge)

Feb - They Might Be Giants, John Grant (Cambridge), Hinds

How are Chvrches at the moment? Wasn't impressed with their show at the Ritz in 2013, but was always impressed with them in smaller venues pre-album. I've been offered a ticket for November, I've got a Los Campesinos! show the night before and the night after so it may be something of a tall order.

Lightweight

Three cities in consecutive nights isn't easy for a man at my time of life, Scruff. Maybe if it were three sedate gigs things would be different, but these're dancey drinky gigs. Culminating in me making my inaugural appearance at the hallowed Brudenell, I want to be well rested for a night with the Old Peculiar on draught I've been told so much about.

How are Chvrches at the moment? Wasn't impressed with their show at the Ritz in 2013, but was always impressed with them in smaller venues pre-album. I've been offered a ticket for November, I've got a Los Campesinos! show the night before and the night after so it may be something of a tall order.

Very good, but I am not sure how they will go down with the bigger venues on that tour! I love Lauren  and its the reasons I love her that I am not sure shes the type of the front person to fill an arena. Mind they were pretty good at the Big Top at Bestival last year to and I guess thats not to far off Ally Pally etc?

anyone know cheapish hotels are by the forum in london. wondering weather to go to a gig there, 

I'd check a bit further out, at either end of the Northern line, should be cheaper!

How you getting to Brudenell?

Sorry if this is telling you what you already know but you do know it's a train or taxi out of leeds don't you? Just thought I'd best check what with you being a dirty manc an'all.

I have done an online recki, wasn't expecting to be on the doorstep didn't look like more than half an hour's walk, is that right? Wouldn't be a problem for 6 able bodied men. We're staying in the Premier Inn just outside the city centre. We've got our man in Leeds for the local knowledge, though. A Lancashire ex-pat, formerly of Bury who gave up modern amenities to live amongst and study the creatures of Yorkshire like that guy who went to live with bears.

Ps I'm planning at least three gigs in three nights at the end of June, tickets permitting, and I'm way older than you.

Beans On Toast Wednesday, Mik Artistik on Thursday, AC/DC Friday, medical tent Saturday?

Very good, but I am not sure how they will go down with the bigger venues on that tour! I love Lauren  and its the reasons I love her that I am not sure shes the type of the front person to fill an arena. Mind they were pretty good at the Big Top at Bestival last year to and I guess thats not to far off Ally Pally etc?

They're doing the Albert Hall in Manchester, a very comfortably sized venue. Capacity-wise it's bigger than The Ritz, but it's an old methodist hall and feels a lot more intimate. Lauren was bit static and awkward last time, and the synths sounded like they were on the other side of a brick wall.

As its now October, I can now say I'm seeing Editors 5 times this month.

London, Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester and Brussels..

Happy days.

In even more exciting news, you're seeing The Twilight Sad 5 times this month!

And if you're there before doors open and there's a queue to get in just ignore it and walk past it into the other room and have a beer while you wait. No point standing outside at all.

Cheers, do you know if under 18s are allowed in this "other room"? My 17 yo brother is coming and the ID he uses is ropey to say the least.

• Upvote 1

Hot Chip next week

Massive Attack Feb

Then the big one...Gordon Lightfoot next may. First time in the uk for 30+ years! My only concern is it's billed as "an evening with...." which usually means the artist in question bores the living piss out of the audience with tedious anecdotes.

Just play the fucking songs you old fart, I've not paid fifty quid to listen to your unremarkable life story, unless it involves tales of copious amounts of drugs, sex and other forms of debauchery.

And let's face it, considering he's from the most boring nation on earth (canada), that aint gonna happen. 

Edited by russycarps

was that when he had a new book out? I was suffering financial difficulties at the time and couldnt justify the expense at the time :(

I remember reading the reviews and burning up with envy!

Yup. 2 hours 20 on stage between book reading, answering questions, anecdotes, and of course, awesome music. Awesome evening.

Well you have both given me hope.

I guess I am still just traumatised by the "intimate evening with art garfunkel" I went to, after which I am still trying to uncurl my toes due to the cringey anecdotes and abysmal poetry he subjected us to.

In fact, I wouldnt be surprised to learn he is that poetrybore fellow who posts here!