Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

It was amazing wasn't it. 45 songs. Band on superb form and my mates just told me he's got a spare for tonight . Absolutely buzzing

I must admit, having not appreciated them at Reading 2012 where I knew only a handful of hits, I have developed a love of nearly everything The Cure have ever done. Because of this last night really was special. I still can't believe that even by the 45th song the entire band were still perfectly playing with so much energy. A truly flawless set.

2 incredible nights. The energy levels were amazing throughout both sets. Hopefully the talk of a tour later in the year is true

I'd say there will be a tour - apparently Smith has even said there will probably be a world tour. Fingers crossed this is true.

I know they've also said there will be a number of live albums coming out later this year too, alongside the new studio LP. Hopefully one/both the RAH shows make it as a release. It was definitely a live album worthy performance.

A tribute band (so look away those who don't do tribute bands) but we saw the Small Fakers the other night who are touring a show called the Faces Story. Three sets: early Small Faces, Humble Pie then Rod Stewart and The Faces.

Stompingly good and highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here! We managed to get a couple of tickets off scarlet mist the other day, but a few of my mates are still trying for some unfortunately! Hopefully more come up tomorrow

Good luck. If you haven't seen them before you're in for a treat :)

Also check the @brandnewrockfan twitter feed as I've seen them retweeting people selling tickets. Just avoid the setlist links as I think it's been same or similar every night of the tour, unless you don't like surprises!

I seem to be on a diet of tribute bands at the moment. Limehouse Lizzy next. Seen them several times before - almost now a band in their own right.

And then a Doors tribute - Doors Alive. The Doors are one of the few bands in my list that I never managed to see live. By all accounts Doors Alive are pretty good. Anyone seen them or have a view on them?

Brand new was the best gig I've seen in a LONG time on Friday, absolutely fantastic, the setlist was great but starting with wish by nin made it an instant classic!

It was the best I've ever seen them (I think this was gig number 6) - the opening few songs took the roof off! Brilliant atmosphere, and *almost* some banter from them, very rare. Perfect setlist too (although I see they did Moshi Moshi on a couple of other dates and that's about the only song I've not seen live). I've been buzzing ever since! Glad it was the last night of the tour or I would have been trying to sell a kidney to see them again before they went home!

It was the best I've ever seen them (I think this was gig number 6) - the opening few songs took the roof off! Brilliant atmosphere, and *almost* some banter from them, very rare. Perfect setlist too (although I see they did Moshi Moshi on a couple of other dates and that's about the only song I've not seen live). I've been buzzing ever since! Glad it was the last night of the tour or I would have been trying to sell a kidney to see them again before they went home!

The stage banter looked really forced, they should have been doing two nights though, the academy was definitely over capacity. Was great to see a full show, only other times I've seen them has been leeds 07 (too drunk to remember :( ) and leeds 09, where the crowd were dead and the band looked they didn't want to be there!

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to be on a diet of tribute bands at the moment. Limehouse Lizzy next. Seen them several times before - almost now a band in their own right.

And then a Doors tribute - Doors Alive. The Doors are one of the few bands in my list that I never managed to see live. By all accounts Doors Alive are pretty good. Anyone seen them or have a view on them?

Limehouse are brilliant aren't they? Saw them last month in York. The missus doesnt know any lizzy, and I'm not a massive aficionado on them, but we both had a great night.

Went to see Barrence Whitfield and the Savages at Brudenell social club last night. So much fucking energy. Maybe one of the tightest bands I've ever seen - and what a drummer!!!

Brudenell is one of my fave venues in the country, only been once unfortunately, but love the place.

Third time now and it's become my favourite now. Not least cos the booze is decently priced.

we went to a festival there, which has never taken place again to the best of my knowledge. It was great, they should do it again.

This was it

http://www.brudenellsocialclub.co.uk/archive/2011-10-15-icarus-line-lite-maybeshewill/

Nine Inch Nails next week, can't wait.

Edited by t8yman

Never been to The Brudenell (was v tempted for The Twilight Sad the other week though), but I hear one can buy a draught pint of Young's Double Chocolate Stout for £2. Can anybody confirm this? If it's true, it's instantly the best venue in the country.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN