Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Saw Foals last week at the O2 Academy in Glasgow, great gig. Brilliant live band who seem to be getting better all the time.

Got a few other gigs coming up this month as well, The Strypes on Tuesday and Temples in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to both, but Temples especially as I'm really enjoying their album at the moment.

Next up for me a week on Saturday is Phil Beer, half of Show of Hands and a superb multi instrumentalist doing a solo night at the Norwegian Church in Cardiff. Small gig, the room only holds 90, But he's a great performer and it's going to be a Glasto Gang plus partners night out for us.

Mr Beer put on a cracking show tonight - a 9/10 on our Glasto Scale (for what they do how well do they do it). Highly recommended.

Dave Celia who played Glasto in 2010 and 2011, is over from Canada in March and April. Lazily defined as Americana despite his love of Syd Barrett , Nick Drake and all things Beatles. If not world class then certainly Champions League guitar player. Nah, make that world class.

Thur. March 27 ~ Tintos. East Kilbride

Sun. March 30 ~ House Concert, Strathpeffer

Tue. April 1 ~ 7pm Medicine Show Health & Happiness Hour

(radio - http://lochbroomfm.com/)

Tue. April 1 ~ 9pm Tuesday Night Medicine Show The Argyll Hotel Ullapool

Thur April 3 ~ The Lamb , Lewes

Fri April 4th ~ Old Firehouse, Exeter

Sat April 5 ~ Rose & Crown, Charlbury

Sun April 6 ~ Sq and Compass [afternoon - 2pm show]

Mon April 7 ~ The Bell , Bath

Tue April 8 ~The Old Road, Chippenham

Wed April 9 ~ 12 Bar Club, London (Soho)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQacnkElEns

I'm going on Saturday from down south. Pleased they decided on tickets this time

Me too! If I go to gigs normally, it's always London but it's just far enough that if I was to get in for one of the recent shows, I'd be so far at the back of the queue I wouldn't ever get in!

Went watching Newton Faulkner last night at Bridgewater Hall in Manchester. Was my wife due date yesterday so was interesting to see if we was going to be rushing to hospital mid performance :D He was good but the venue is shite. Won't be going back there in a rush :P

I remember seeing Ladysmith Black Mambazo there about 5 years ago, as great as they were, the venue managed to kill any atmosphere stone dead.

Just this morning bought front row tickets for Ennio Morricone at the O2 in December performing with "a 160 member symphony orchestra and polyphonic choir."

http://www.theo2.co.uk/event/ennio-morricone-20141210.html

Silly prices but going with my father who is a spaghetti western nut (he does not know anything about this yet as a birthday present) and likely to be the last time we would get a chance to see him as Ennio Morricone isn't getting any younger!

Only two now in March. Larry Miller (great in your face young blues guitarist) and a Small Faces tribute night.

Would have been four but one (Danny Bryant) has been dropped because I've now got to go to a family funeral and the other has been overruled by Mrs Grumpyhack. I would have opted for Eddie and The Hotrods but instead she's organised a weekend in Stratford to take in a bit of culture at the RSC.

Don't have even half as many gigs as I used to. Now I'm grown up and boring and pretty much work all the time. I have got Katy B at the end of next month though and I saw Beyonce last Sunday. Amazing of course, but it was pretty much the same set I saw her do at V in the summer. Was good to see her perform a lot of her new album though.

Don't get me wrong Beyonce has some good songs but she flopped for me at V - turned up about 45 minutes late then is all full of herself. Not for me

Each to their own, how do you think she was full of herself though? She always seems like a lovely person to me. I kinda wish I could find any kind of flaw in her :resent:

• 2 weeks later...