Bestival 2011

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also "just time to dash up to see Ed Sheeran" sounds impossible anyway. My weird mate (31 but with the musical tastes of a 16 year old girl) went 20 mins early and said you couldn't get anywhere near the tent as it was far too rammed.

which is what it says in the review

Subgiant not being able to do thier afterburner set due to the rain

Yeah shame that was seeing as it was my one and only visit to the afterburner, but at least the stage didn't fall on them, and they had much a better audience for the short time they were on than the first time they played bestival...

Subgiant-PB01.jpg

:D

Edited by kerplunk

How the fuck can you sleep through a subgiant set???? :biggrin: I've seen them twice before and it's been loud and they've got the place moving big time. We're they on at 11am or something?

Did they play at all then on sunday? We left as it didn't look like it was happening at all and went to a bit of ModeseleKtor on the way to Fat Boy Slim

Edited by Johnthebar

How the fuck can you sleep through a subgiant set???? :biggrin: I've seen them twice before and it's been loud and they've got the place moving big time. We're they on at 11am or something?

Oh yeah they've done the business for me many times. Was middle of the day and in the lone campsite venue they had in 2005 (think it was called the 24 hour tent or something like that) - everyone was in the main arena.

Did they play at all then on sunday? We left as it didn't look like it was happening at all and went to a bit of ModeseleKtor on the way to Fat Boy Slim

Yep they played for a bit and then it started raining and golf umbrellas were deployed but they had to surrender in the end as the kit was just getting too wet.

Got some decent photos...

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/bestival/2011/photos-Subgiant-Bestival2011-PB.shtml