Bestival 2011

Guest 5co77ie

Seeing as Bestival seems to have gathered so much interest recently, what with it having a 55,000 attendance and being given the Best Festival Award for 2010, do you think it might be time to propose the idea of having a permenant forum for it on the main Festivals board rather than have it regulated to a single thread in the 'Other UK Festivals' section?

No bias, like... ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as Bestival seems to have gathered so much interest recently, what with it having a 55,000 attendance and being given the Best Festival Award for 2010, do you think it might be time to propose the idea of having a permenant forum for it on the main Festivals board rather than have it regulated to a single thread in the 'Other UK Festivals' section?

No bias, like... ;)

Maybe people would feel more encouraged to post messages if they actually had a proper place to post them.

If you have 1 thread that speaks for the whole festival, eventually you'll get to the point where you have 26 pages of potentially a lot of people with a thousand different things to say in one thread, and it'll get busier the closer it gets to the festival. Basically, imagine a pub with one single room and everybody is listening to each conversation everybody is having. It's impossible to talk. So imagine if that pub had different rooms where people can go to have seperate conversations.

I mean, I went to the festivals page and I saw 'Wychwood Music Festival' - if you went on to that board at any time between July and October this year, you'd have discovered that nobody was there. There are 9 pages, and most of the topics at hand are created - not within hours or minutes but days and weeks of each other. Sometimes months.

As far as UK festivals go, Wychwood is a far less popular alternative to a festival that, from what I gather, seems to have grown enormously in the last few years. It might be an idea to accomodate that interest on here?

Just brought tickets for this. Anyone know of any cheap hotels around the area as me and my friends are planning on staying at a hotel the night before the festival starts so we don't miss out on anything :)