singles thread

ampersand

i'm guessing you are not pleased with this information? :P

These situations are just a pain in the arse to deal with and it will ultimately lead to ruining the friendship no matter what I do now, she's a good friend who has helped me though shit times so it's not a friendship I want ruined.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These situations are just a pain in the arse to deal with and it will ultimately lead to ruining the friendship no matter what I do now, she's a good friend who has helped me though shit times so it's not a friendship I want ruined.

If she does truly love you then there is no way of stopping her feeling that way without ruining the friendship as you know, but there are a couple of things you could try to see how "In love" she is.

1. Bore her and repeat stuff you've already told her.

2. Don't respond or be brief when she phones/texts/social media's or e-mails you.

3. Generally just try and show her your flaws.

Don't over do any of those because there is a very delicate balance between love and hate.

You may even come to some realisation that you feel the same for her.....

If nothing works relentlessly chat up her mum and/or sister :lol:

Good luck though these situations suck for both of you. Love doesn't make sense... Stupid love.

Hi gang!

Back in the singles thread? I take it you and Pogo broke up now that he's in Landan?

If she does truly love you then there is no way of stopping her feeling that way without ruining the friendship as you know, but there are a couple of things you could try to see how "In love" she is.

1. Bore her and repeat stuff you've already told her.

2. Don't respond or be brief when she phones/texts/social media's or e-mails you.

3. Generally just try and show her your flaws.

Don't over do any of those because there is a very delicate balance between love and hate.

You may even come to some realisation that you feel the same for her.....

If nothing works relentlessly chat up her mum and/or sister :lol:

Good luck though these situations suck for both of you. Love doesn't make sense... Stupid love.

All of that sounds like too much effort and she knows me too well for it to work. I reckon the best course of action is to get her laid/a boyfriend.

All of that sounds like too much effort and she knows me too well for it to work. I reckon the best course of action is to get her laid/a boyfriend.

Oh fair enough, so she already knows you are boring :P

... Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bit of a love triangle in my friendship circle at the moment.

I've broken up with the male friend involved over his behaviour during it, and one of my female friends has just told me she wants to see me and my friendship group less because of it. It's upsetting because she was one of my best friends really, and i'm sure i said something whilst trying to comfort her which has ruined our friendship. We are very close, and i'm almost in tears over it.

I know it's silly, but i honestly thought we were going to be best friends for years and years. And now, i just don't know icon_sad.gif

It's like a crappy eastenders

I never date girls outside my city anymore, as EVERY girlfriend I've ever had has been at least an hour away and I'm way too busy to let that happen at the moment, however...

On Sunday I rode to 30 miles up the canals to Hebden Bridge to meet a girl from POF for a date who is from Leeds. We spent 6 hours talking and walking through forests, was probably the best date I've ever been on in regards to chemistry, ended up seeing her again last night.

Try not to create rules for yourself, who knows that you may miss out on? :)

Bit of a love triangle in my friendship circle at the moment.

I've broken up with the male friend involved over his behaviour during it, and one of my female friends has just told me she wants to see me and my friendship group less because of it. It's upsetting because she was one of my best friends really, and i'm sure i said something whilst trying to comfort her which has ruined our friendship. We are very close, and i'm almost in tears over it.

I know it's silly, but i honestly thought we were going to be best friends for years and years. And now, i just don't know icon_sad.gif

It's like a crappy eastenders

If what you told her was the truth, then you're better not carrying on the friendship under a lie. Will she see you away from the group? She might come round yet, make sure she knows you still want her around.

Edited by feral chile

I have no right to be in this thread as despite sticking to my mindset of not going in search of something, an 'old friend' has become my 'boyfriend' who I am glad to have had another chance with. This time around we seem to have things sorted and I am a very happy Kat right now.

I have no right to be in this thread as despite sticking to my mindset of not going in search of something, an 'old friend' has become my 'boyfriend' who I am glad to have had another chance with. This time around we seem to have things sorted and I am a very happy Kat right now.

Glad to hear it.

I don't suppose I should be dipping into the singles thread either, come to think of it.

I am seeing someone at the moment: how long before i decide 'yes' or 'no'? Been on 8 dates

She is really sweet and i like her a lot, and she is crazy about me. I don't feel the 'spark' at the moment though. She doesn't give me butterflies, like another unrequited crush does. She might do in a few months, but then i might really hurt her if i still feel the same way, and that's not fair on her. She's around 38 and she wants a serious relationship really badly.

Aghh....

I am seeing someone at the moment: how long before i decide 'yes' or 'no'? Been on 8 dates

She is really sweet and i like her a lot, and she is crazy about me. I don't feel the 'spark' at the moment though. She doesn't give me butterflies, like another unrequited crush does. She might do in a few months, but then i might really hurt her if i still feel the same way, and that's not fair on her. She's around 38 and she wants a serious relationship really badly.

Aghh....

Just tell her you want to take it slow, it gives you time to figure out if you like her or not and it's being fair on her but it sounds like the real problem is you fancy somone else and until that's sorted with any relationship you have will be fucked.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty much nothing to report since whenever the last time I posted in here was, probably about a year ago, but anyway...

I've been texting back and forth this girl I work with, who I've known for a couple of years, that split up with her bf about a month ago, started facebook messaging first about two weeks ago, and she then sent me her number. Now, I've been in this position before with different girls, where I thought it was all going well, but it turned out that all she was interested in was friendship, and I'm kind of apprehensive about making any sort of move, because I don't want to make it awkward. Really not sure how to proceed without cocking this up basically. Any suggestions?!

Aghh....

Well, she's my girlfriend now. I'll give it a few months to see if there is a spark, and if not, i'll just have to dump her really.

Pretty much nothing to report since whenever the last time I posted in here was, probably about a year ago, but anyway...

I've been texting back and forth this girl I work with, who I've known for a couple of years, that split up with her bf about a month ago, started facebook messaging first about two weeks ago, and she then sent me her number. Now, I've been in this position before with different girls, where I thought it was all going well, but it turned out that all she was interested in was friendship, and I'm kind of apprehensive about making any sort of move, because I don't want to make it awkward. Really not sure how to proceed without cocking this up basically. Any suggestions?!

Just look for signs about what she wants/treats you but at the end of the day if you want to go out with her and not just be friends then you will have to woo her and not know how it will play out.

Well, she's my girlfriend now. I'll give it a few months to see if there is a spark, and if not, i'll just have to dump her really.

You made someone you don't have a spark with your girlfriend? Sorry but that's a bit weird. Life's too short to spend with someone you don't bounce off!

This time last year I was single, and had been for 7 years. Then in September last year I met my bride to be. We get married in May next year, right next to the Glastonbury site as it happens. I'm sure many of you are crying out that it's too soon to marry. Fear not (as if you were!), for we are both of sound mind - well on this subject anyway. Without going into nauseating detail, it really is a case of soul parners finally meeting. We've both had the burden of waiting for the right partner lifted from us. We both, no longer, harbour thoughts of self termination. We both realise that love can be a thing of great beauty. We both realise that we've finally been given a very precious gift.

OK, I lied about not allowing it to get nauseous.

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick