singles thread

ampersand

I met an almost perfect girl last night. She's tall, gorgeous, intelligent, funny, similar interests to me and easy to talk to but she's a lesbian, I was talking to her for hours before she told me. I'm gonna watch Chasing Amy now for ideas on how to convert her.

Got her number? You could send her a picture of your dong?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met an almost perfect girl last night. She's tall, gorgeous, intelligent, funny, similar interests to me and easy to talk to but she's a lesbian, I was talking to her for hours before she told me. I'm gonna watch Chasing Amy now for ideas on how to convert her.

To be honest being a bitch about it is often the best way, it makes a clean cut and lets them be angry which I always find is a much quicker route to move on unlike let's be friends/I don't want a relationship right now blah blah as it just drags it out or gives them false hope.

Exactly, and either way it's difficult but having been on both ends I would much rather be the dumpee than the dumper.

To be honest being a bitch about it is often the best way, it makes a clean cut and lets them be angry which I always find is a much quicker route to move on unlike let's be friends/I don't want a relationship right now blah blah as it just drags it out or gives them false hope.

I'd have thought not replying to their texts drags it out more. And gives false hope. Not to mention being stressful. How many times do you try to contact them before you become a bunny boiler? What if they've lost their phone etc. And how long do you have to wait until you're sure they've dumped you?

But I must admit, I have a real problem telling people I don't fancy them, luckily, being married means I don't have to, I just tell them I'm not available. Also, they tend to start backing away gracefully when they get up close and realise just how old I am. :lol:

I'd have thought not replying to their texts drags it out more. And gives false hope. Not to mention being stressful. How many times do you try to contact them before you become a bunny boiler? What if they've lost their phone etc. And how long do you have to wait until you're sure they've dumped you?

I get what you are saying but I can still see how it is the 'easier' option. Ignore the texts for long enough and they will get the picture, saves having to be brutally honest. Couldn't do that myself like, but can see why people would.

I get what you are saying but I can still see how it is the 'easier' option. Ignore the texts for long enough and they will get the picture, saves having to be brutally honest. Couldn't do that myself like, but can see why people would.

Maybe they think they're being kind, but it's not really. But I must admit, I'd probably not take my own advice myelf.

Maybe they think they're being kind, but it's not really. But I must admit, I'd probably not take my own advice myelf.

I doubt they think they are being kind, or is that just me being cynical? No balls springs to my mind...it's the easier option for them, not the person they are dumping or no longer wish to date.

We've been keeping in contact as she's very cool and would make a good friend whilst accepting nothing will come of this girlfriend wise but this is getting curious now. She keeps messaging me, told me she may actually be a bisexual and trying to find out things like if I'm vegan, like cats etc the stuff she has in her life.

Ok so I have finally (partially) left the world of singledom, catch being that the girl I am head over heels for is Korean and lives in Seoul :S Met on an extended holiday a few months back and instantly hit it off and had a 3 week thing. Have been talking most days online since then, have purchased a webcam for skype-age and I was in Korea visiting her for the last two weeks.

She is hoping to come to London early next year to improve her English and stay with me, but after that it remains unclear whether she can (a) find a job, (B) get the requisite visa

She is really keen on travelling in Europe, so living in London would make that simple - I want to make it happen but am not really sure where to look for jobs for a fluent Korean speaker with what I would guess is upper intermediate level English. Can anyone think of any ideas? She is not really interested in office work which makes the impossible task even more impossible. I was hoping there's some kind of Korean specific UK tour company but can't seem to find anything.

Ok so I have finally (partially) left the world of singledom, catch being that the girl I am head over heels for is Korean and lives in Seoul :S Met on an extended holiday a few months back and instantly hit it off and had a 3 week thing. Have been talking most days online since then, have purchased a webcam for skype-age and I was in Korea visiting her for the last two weeks.

She is hoping to come to London early next year to improve her English and stay with me, but after that it remains unclear whether she can (a) find a job, (B) get the requisite visa

She is really keen on travelling in Europe, so living in London would make that simple - I want to make it happen but am not really sure where to look for jobs for a fluent Korean speaker with what I would guess is upper intermediate level English. Can anyone think of any ideas? She is not really interested in office work which makes the impossible task even more impossible. I was hoping there's some kind of Korean specific UK tour company but can't seem to find anything.

It's a very long shot but maybe you / she could ask for that kind of info from the Korean Embassy in London. If anybody has got their finger on the pulse in terms of Korean specific UK companies surely it's them. I could be wrong though. Failing that you could try your local Chamber of Commerce as they may have links. Good luck.

Just get a normal bird mate.

yea i know what you mean was just thinking if i go to london wanna go somewhere decent, not been to fabric for years now!

Does it have to be a club/pub what about a theme park, go karting, the zoo, iceskating, bowling, swimming, a show, boating on a lake/river there's probably loads more.

I had no idea that a lady wearing white trousers on a date meant that she was "up for" anal sex.

This kind of thing worries me. Just dipping my feet in the pool again been divorced a year thought I would try POF. But then you think what if I put something in my profile innocently that has a whole new meaning these days.

Is there a wiki dictionary for these pitfalls?

Does it have to be a club/pub what about a theme park, go karting, the zoo, iceskating, bowling, swimming, a show, boating on a lake/river there's probably loads more.

Been a long time since I went to any big nights in London and Id like to go when im there :)

Edited by markeee

I heard it on a podcast I listen to. It's on urban dictionary too. No idea of it's origin if that's what you mean.

Thanks for the info sifi. And to think I used to wear a white pair of jeans many moons ago. Even though I'm a bloke, what kind of signals was I giving out! Then again, white jeans, what was I thinking of :huh:

Thanks for the info sifi. And to think I used to wear a white pair of jeans many moons ago. Even though I'm a bloke, what kind of signals was I giving out! Then again, white jeans, what was I thinking of :huh:

lol white jeans, haha dont think you could get away with it now, unless you're gay? :|

years ago perhaps..

lol white jeans, haha dont think you could get away with it now, unless you're gay? :|

years ago perhaps..

It was many years ago and I think they were fashionable at the time, or at least I thought so! We're all allowed to have fashion mistakes - there quite good fun really because it's actually enjoyable looking back and thinking about what a prat you must have looked like.

This kind of thing worries me. Just dipping my feet in the pool again been divorced a year thought I would try POF. But then you think what if I put something in my profile innocently that has a whole new meaning these days.

Is there a wiki dictionary for these pitfalls?

I wouldn't worry about it, at least it gives you something to talk about when the conversation runs dry ;)

I am sure you will be fine lovely.