singles thread

ampersand

Was just looking for an excuse to bring this thread back to its rightful place on the frontpage :P

My confidence is so low, I'm not even sure if I could be certain a girl was checking me out - I'd probably just think 'nah' and not think anything about approaching her. I'm back on POF trying to get girls to answer my bloody messages. Spent ages working on my profile and have received 0 replies in 1 year of being on the site :(

I was on pof and got so many messages from men and I just ignored the ones that said hi in the subject line. Say something different in it. :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all the Internet dating haters me and the cheese boy are still going strong almost three years down the line. Neither of us are perfect but we are perfect for each other, so it works.

If a girl makes you self conscious from the off, perhaps she isn't 'the one'?

For all the Internet dating haters me and the cheese boy are still going strong almost three years down the line. Neither of us are perfect but we are perfect for each other, so it works.

If a girl makes you self conscious from the off, perhaps she isn't 'the one'?

I think what people are talking about isn't so much you're talking to someone and then they make you feel self conscious, it's having the confidence to start a chat with someone in the 1st place. For example not so much meeting a friend of a friend in the pub but more talking to the person next to you on the bus or waiting in line in a shop.

Some thoughts on recent posts..

Internet dating.. like any other works if you make it work!

When its a friend of a friend yeah its a pain because of people knowing you that know them, guess I just prefer meeting people that I know meself :)

Efesties works for people on here so fair play and enjoy it :)

Me - One of them things have not seen the person I want to ask out so supose it will pass as im going to uni and what happens will happen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Think I may become gay, they have it so much easier with all this courting crap. A girl is starting to get the hump with me for not asking her out but everytime I start to ask her she tells me she's busy everynight.

Edited by jump

Think I may become gay, they have it so much easier with all this courting crap. A girl is getting is starting to get the hump with me for not asking her out but everytime I start to ask her she tells me she's busy everynight.

Just tell her you'd like to arrange to meet one day, so can she let you know when she's free.

Put the ball back in her court,and she won't be able to moan. Or play any games.

Just tell her you'd like to arrange to meet one day, so can she let you know when she's free.

Put the ball back in her court,and she won't be able to moan. Or play any games.

She clever with the games though, she says on this night but then say no as it's her mate's shin-dig but both times says it without asking her mate first.

She clever with the games though, she says on this night but then say no as it's her mate's shin-dig but both times says it without asking her mate first.

Maybe she's scared. If she was keen, she'd suggest another night instead.

Perhaps she likes being chased, but doesn't want to get caught.

If she's already said yes to you, then she should only let you down under extreme circumstances. If she's done it more than once. leave her to it. She shouldn't be stringing you along till a better offer comes along, which it sounds like she's doing.

i was working with this girl over the weekend. she was a total bitch :D i new she didnt like me because im an out spoken manchester fella, an she was some stuck up middle class no it all and her boyfriend was working with her that made her so cocky. :lol:

i did get talking to some very nice girls over the weekend, who were both good looking and had a good personality. (i think its not always easy to find girls like that) because i was at work i personally can never take the chat to far in a flirty kind of way.

i was thinking of asking one of the lady's out for a drink after the last shift on sunday, but she wasent working the same shift as me. i think that's all i could of done or asked her for her number.

I think what people are talking about isn't so much you're talking to someone and then they make you feel self conscious, it's having the confidence to start a chat with someone in the 1st place. For example not so much meeting a friend of a friend in the pub but more talking to the person next to you on the bus or waiting in line in a shop.

That's just something we all have to learn to do, or else get used to watching someone else snap up the person you couldn't find the balls to talk to.

i was working with this girl over the weekend. she was a total bitch :Di new she didnt like me because im an out spoken manchester fella, an she was some stuck up middle class no it all and her boyfriend was working with her that made her so cocky. :lol:

i did get talking to some very nice girls over the weekend, who were both good looking and had a good personality. (i think its not always easy to find girls like that) because i was at work i personally can never take the chat to far in a flirty kind of way.

i was thinking of asking one of the lady's out for a drink after the last shift on sunday, but she wasent working the same shift as me. i think that's all i could of done or asked her for her number.

I wouldn't blame social class for that, I don't like you and I'm working class.

I wouldn't blame social class for that, I don't like you and I'm working class.

if you met me you would like me.

i think its slightly immature to say "i dont like you", just because of a few comments you have not agreed with in the passed. it hardly gives you a true reflection on who the person actually is in real life by talking on here. so to pass judgement and say "i dont like you", i think is wrong.

admittedly there are things you have said to me on here i haven't agreed with, but to say "i dont like you" when i dont no you seems slightly childish.

I really doubt I would, there's a reason why you're on your 3rd account now but more to the point I'm not basing my dislike of you on your social class as the only one it bothers is you hence why you go on about Oasis, Eminem, Elbow are good because they're working class and you start calling people who don't like them as middle class.

I really doubt I would, there's a reason why you're on your 3rd account now but more to the point I'm not basing my dislike of you on your social class as the only one it bothers is you hence why you go on about Oasis, Eminem, Elbow are good because they're working class and you start calling people who don't like them as middle class.

so what are you basing your dislike on?

im not sure i have ever had ago at any1 for being middle class because they don't like eminem, elbow or oasis.

im not really 100% sure what your going on about, but it is making me laugh :lol:

so what are you basing your dislike on?

im not sure i have ever had ago at any1 for being middle class because they don't like eminem, elbow or oasis.

im not really 100% sure what your going on about, but it is making me laugh :lol:

If I could be bothered I would bring up one of the dozen or so posts where you're talking shit about social class I'm not going through all of your various accounts.

You not understanding something, now there's a surprise.

If I could be bothered I would bring up one of the dozen or so posts where you're talking shit about social class I'm not going through all of your various accounts.

You not understanding something, now there's a surprise.

you make a point then dont back it up with any real evidence, there's a surprise :D