singles thread

ampersand

Nah, Friday is going out night so when I got home from work I will have a fresh shave before pub/club rather than the night before/morning.

Have you had tried talking to any girls or got a message on a dating site yet?

nah i'm still a social recluse, but speaking to a few girls on plenty of fish. and even had an offer of long term relation from chinese girl. i turned her down though!

Edited by ampersand

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was meant to say long term relationship offer. but yeah, strange even that way. she seemed sweet enough but you just don't do that.

I got what you meant but it just sounds weird going up to someone and saying that instead of fancy going out for a drink, do you want to go out on a date blah, blah. Maybe she was after a green card?

I got what you meant but it just sounds weird going up to someone and saying that instead of fancy going out for a drink, do you want to go out on a date blah, blah. Maybe she was after a green card?

yeah that initially springs to mind! especially with the current corrie story.

but nah, said she'd been here for 8 years.

Update - met up with this guy i knew from uni the other day, i knew he liked me however decided to keep things friendly til we met up in person again, didn't want to call it a date and then meet and realise we just dont click. Turns out not only do we have quite a bit in common, we have chemsitry, and yeah, things are going well. :) However only downside is he lives in Suffolk and i'm in Derby.

Nice one!! :)

Got into uni :) So guess ill meet someone there! Still going to have fun this summer though! ;):)

I signed up to a dating website, only a bit of fun and have already had an email asking for discrete fun as he got a Mrs. Ew.

not laughing at you..but lol, i just don't get it, why bother being in a relationship if you'd happily cheat on your partner..seems pointless

especially seeing as if his partner cheated on him I bet he wouldn't be happy..oh yea seems some people think it's different rules for guys as it is to girls :|

been speaking to a nice girl on plenty of fish for the past few days. the first i've actually wanted to meet.

As have I. Not sure what the protocol is involving setting up a meeting though, ive only been chatting to her for 3 days and we've exchanged 8 emails, running out of things to talk about that isn't setting up a meeting, the other problem is I'm completely skint til the 28th!

If anyone's wondering what happened to the girl from a couple of months back, she added me on facebook, we exchanged a few messages, then she stopped responding, and two days later she was "In a relationship". Saw her last month and she avoided eye contact and was avoiding me in general, yet I'm still on her facebook for some reason... I think I'm on the bench so to speak, which is a bit of a weird thing to be going on to be honest!

Plenty of fish annoys me. I've been having so many emails and have resorted to deleting the ones that say babe, sexy, etc or if they use text language, without even looking at their profiles.

Out of god knows how many who emailed me, I've managed a decent conversation out of one today who haven't used the word sexy once. maybe that's Because I revealed my love of red sauce to him. lol!

Edit.

Also been chatting to a nice lad for a few weeks now, not pof, but I expect its not for anything more than friendlyness. Which is fine, because I'm not expecting anything more.

Edited by saratink

As have I. Not sure what the protocol is involving setting up a meeting though, ive only been chatting to her for 3 days and we've exchanged 8 emails, running out of things to talk about that isn't setting up a meeting, the other problem is I'm completely skint til the 28th!

If anyone's wondering what happened to the girl from a couple of months back, she added me on facebook, we exchanged a few messages, then she stopped responding, and two days later she was "In a relationship". Saw her last month and she avoided eye contact and was avoiding me in general, yet I'm still on her facebook for some reason... I think I'm on the bench so to speak, which is a bit of a weird thing to be going on to be honest!

i've had lots of them. if conversation dies like that, probably not worth meeting. unless you just want a shag :P

so aye, i was meant to be meeting someone, but it kept getting put off and i wasn't fully commited to it so it's not gonna happen anymore.

Plenty of fish annoys me. I've been having so many emails and have resorted to deleting the ones that say babe, sexy, etc or if they use text language, without even looking at their profiles.

Out of god knows how many who emailed me, I've managed a decent conversation out of one today who haven't used the word sexy once. maybe that's Because I revealed my love of red sauce to him. lol!

the majority of guys are pervs. what don't you understand about this.

plus the shag sites cost money so of course they're going to be all over a free one!

Yea I've had that a few times, all going well, suddenly not replying to my texts or anything..boom in a relationship in facebook, oh well, as the site says Plenty of fish and all that :)

at least she didnt lead you on, told you how it is

:)

Exactly. I'm not too fussed any more, i expect it and so its fine! Also trying plenty of fish as well at the moment. I have messaged loads of girls and none have got back to me. Hmm, I think I may need to aim lower or make massive changes to my profile. Realy really want to get a girlfriend now. Its actually scaring me now how long its been since I had one.

Why not just say, lets go out on the 28th - that gives you 2 weeks (now) of chat, and gives you more stuff to talk about in emails - ie where u like to go, what do you wanbt to do etc. I was gonna say give her you mobile number, but that might be unwise