singles thread

ampersand

Went out last night. Had a meal at Nandos with the girls for my housemate's 21st, then went to Wetherspoons for drinks with some guy the aforementioned housemate was seeing and his mate, who was rather attractive, funny and sweet. We all went to one of my favourite clubs after. Spent most of the night dancing with him, just in a friendly way, of course.

Had one of the barmen come up to be after we'd been at this club for about an hour (he wasn't working that night, just happened to be out with his friends) and held out a drink which just happened to be the same thing I'd been drinking all night, and said he'd bought it for me. I thanked him, he looked at his shoes uncomfortably, smiled and tottered off. Didn't see him again until just before the club closed, when he drunkenly stumbled over and said "I think you're really fit", before asking for my number. His phone was out of battery, so I texted him from my phone so he has my number. He is yet to text back. He wasn't particularly attractive, and definitely not my type, buuuut he seems decent enough...

You probably shouldn't drink things handed to you in clubs by strangers btw. Just saying. Mind you if I went to Nandos and Wetherspoons I might be up for wiping that memory out.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably shouldn't drink things handed to you in clubs by strangers btw. Just saying. Mind you if I went to Nandos and Wetherspoons I might be up for wiping that memory out.

Ohhh I know, he's not quite a stranger though. I trusted him not to drug me. Don't worry!

I face my age old Friday night dilemma, I can go out with my single friends who basically expect me to start talking to random girls and introduce them as they're too chicken shit to do it themselves and they start nagging me if I don't or I can go out with the couples/group friends which means everyone has a big ego and you have to put up with mediocre bullshit being an "issue". All I want to do is get drunk!

Edited by jump

I face my age old Friday night dilemma, I can go out with my single friends who basically expect me to start talking to random girls and introduce them as they're too chicken shit to do it themselves and they start nagging me if I don't or I can go out with the couples/group friends which means everyone has a big ego and you have to put up with mediocre bullshit being an "issue". All I want to do is get drunk!

I'll be hitting the pub after work with my builder buddies come along! :D

I sure as f**k am. Though probably a bit too busy to be worrying about my singledom at the moment, with uni and work,so not too fussed.

Same here, I'm just not in the right frame of mind to meet new people at the moment.

what you think?

I don't even need to ask if you're still single.

I got chatted up in wetherspoons today whilst I was having a drink on my lonesome! Not my 'type' but nice to get chatted up lol

Know that feeling well, happens alot of the time!

Sure am still single and actually enjoying it tbh keeping it up at the gym and as well to fussed about sorting applying for uni and other stuff in my life like the footie, need an Fa cup semi final ticket and sorting Download festival ticket out!

Keep getting smiled at as well though so its not to bad! :)

Know that feeling well, happens alot of the time!

Sure am still single and actually enjoying it tbh keeping it up at the gym and as well to fussed about sorting applying for uni and other stuff in my life like the footie, need an Fa cup semi final ticket and sorting Download festival ticket out!

Keep getting smiled at as well though so its not to bad! :)

a lot of the time?

nae c**t ever chats me up. am i that repulsive? :(

a lot of the time?

nae c**t ever chats me up. am i that repulsive? :(

Yeah start talking naturally and it ends up that way :)

Ive never seen a picture of you bar the one with Pogues :lol:, Wouldent call me great looking though about a 7 if im honest! Think its helped since ive lost a shed load of weight throughout last year tbh!

I asked fit postie if he want to come to the theatre with me, said he would love to but he's skint and his van is dying and it's MOT is due soon. But we still keep talking and stuff and he was really nice and sympathetic when i told him my dog had another spinal stroke, now need another plan to meet with him that doesnt involve money!

Edited by amy246

I saw an ex last night, she has really let herself go. I know it's wrong put that gave me a momentary half smile.

I asked fit postie if he want to come to the theatre with me, said he would love to but he's skint and his van is dying and it's MOT is due soon. But we still keep talking and stuff and he was really nice and sympathetic when i told him my dog had another spinal stroke, now need another plan to meet with him that doesnt involve money!

What about galleries/museums? They are all free and the Science Museum in London does adults nights for free entry once a month with a silent disco, drinks and various other stuff maybe there's something like that round your area.

Edited by jump

I saw an ex last night, she has really let herself go. I know it's wrong put that gave me a momentary half smile.

:lol:

it's not wrong. i used to go out with a guy who was quite fat and ugly and he got even fatter and uglier after we split up, it used to make me laugh when i seen him.