singles thread

ampersand

Just an update on the girl I posted about earlier.

I noticed lately she's been less talkative around me. She still speaks to me and stuff, and still laughs at the occasional joke I make, but less so. She's quite talkative around our mutual friends as well. She came over to me the other day when she was on her own.

I get the feeling she's now quite nervous and shy around me. I've always suspected that she likes me, but before she was more talkative, initiating conversations and everything, but now it seems like she doesn't know what to say, and it's usually me who starts the small talk. What do people make of this?

Take note that at first she was really quiet at College, and I suppose she still is in the sense that, she doesn't really talk to the "core group" of people on our course, but her circle of friends. Just that the mood of our conversations have changed and she's a lot more shy now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update on the girl I posted about earlier.

I noticed lately she's been less talkative around me. She still speaks to me and stuff, and still laughs at the occasional joke I make, but less so. She's quite talkative around our mutual friends as well. She came over to me the other day when she was on her own.

I get the feeling she's now quite nervous and shy around me. I've always suspected that she likes me, but before she was more talkative, initiating conversations and everything, but now it seems like she doesn't know what to say, and it's usually me who starts the small talk. What do people make of this?

Take note that at first she was really quiet at College, and I suppose she still is in the sense that, she doesn't really talk to the "core group" of people on our course, but her circle of friends. Just that the mood of our conversations have changed and she's a lot more shy now.

I suspect everyone will say the same thing as before and say you should ask her out if you like her.

So who's gonna trawl through Paul's posts from the last 5 years looking for any inappropriate sexual behaviour then? :P

:lol:

Would keep you busy with all those posts (but as there is no archive now, it might not take that long :P)

Went out last night. Had a meal at Nandos with the girls for my housemate's 21st, then went to Wetherspoons for drinks with some guy the aforementioned housemate was seeing and his mate, who was rather attractive, funny and sweet. We all went to one of my favourite clubs after. Spent most of the night dancing with him, just in a friendly way, of course.

Had one of the barmen come up to be after we'd been at this club for about an hour (he wasn't working that night, just happened to be out with his friends) and held out a drink which just happened to be the same thing I'd been drinking all night, and said he'd bought it for me. I thanked him, he looked at his shoes uncomfortably, smiled and tottered off. Didn't see him again until just before the club closed, when he drunkenly stumbled over and said "I think you're really fit", before asking for my number. His phone was out of battery, so I texted him from my phone so he has my number. He is yet to text back. He wasn't particularly attractive, and definitely not my type, buuuut he seems decent enough...

that's wimbledon talk that is!

Haha nah, I figure the fact he's not my type could be a good thing. I've only ever had bad luck in lurrrrrve because I tend to go for total pricks because they look nice. This guy's not ugly by any means, and he lacks the copious number of tattoos I'm usually drawn to, but he seems like a genuinely nice person. So we shall see.

Haha nah, I figure the fact he's not my type could be a good thing. I've only ever had bad luck in lurrrrrve because I tend to go for total pricks because they look nice. This guy's not ugly by any means, and he lacks the copious number of tattoos I'm usually drawn to, but he seems like a genuinely nice person. So we shall see.

I take offence, I have a copious number of tattoos and manage not to be a prick!

Just be warned if you didn't fancy this guy with beer goggles on he probably wont improve sober.

I take offence, I have a copious number of tattoos and manage not to be a prick!

Just be warned if you didn't fancy this guy with beer goggles on he probably wont improve sober.

Haha I'm well aware that there are lots of men in the world with a copious number of tattoos who are really lovely, I just haven't encountered any single ones yet.

It's not that I don't fancy him, it's just that he's only average looks-wise, and as shallow as I sound, I kinda tend to aim a bit higher. Which I figure is probably where I'm going wrong... :unsure:

I don't think i've got a type that i'm attracted to. This could be worrying!