singles thread

ampersand

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly. some people will be ready to get engaged at 21-23, some won't be. people are different.

Exactly. I think one major thing is when you leave education and enter the 'real' world. Someone who leaves school and home at 16 'grows up' a lot sooner than someone who stays at home/uni digs until they are 21/22.

FWIW, I got engaged at 26 & my fiancé was 25.

It is all down to the indvidual. I'm 29 now and feel like I could get engaged but a few years ago I was no where near ready. I would say i was quite immature but some people are alot more level headed at a younger age.

Exactly. I think one major thing is when you leave education and enter the 'real' world. Someone who leaves school and home at 16 'grows up' a lot sooner than someone who stays at home/uni digs until they are 21/22.

FWIW, I got engaged at 26 & my fiancé was 25.

yeah I left school at 16. I always had older friends too - I met my future husband at 16 and he was 22, when I eventually went to uni my friends were about a decade older than me, people my own age always seemed so young.

Though I do seem to be maturing backwards. :lol:

Edited by feral chile

I don't really have any 'rules' on age, but I think that you should live alone together for at least a year or two before getting engaged/married. Learning from my parents' mistakes, here.

Having said that, I'm nowhere near ready, at 25. Maybe when I've settled down into a career and matured a bit I'll be ready, at least a couple of years though.

It is all down to the indvidual. I'm 29 now and feel like I could get engaged but a few years ago I was no where near ready. I would say i was quite immature but some people are alot more level headed at a younger age.

Ohh Rachel, it's time to start mentioning what kind of rings you like and leaving ones you already own out so he get the right size :D

I don't really have any 'rules' on age, but I think that you should live alone together for at least a year or two before getting engaged/married. Learning from my parents' mistakes, here.

Having said that, I'm nowhere near ready, at 25. Maybe when I've settled down into a career and matured a bit I'll be ready, at least a couple of years though.

To be honest I'm surprised non religious people still get married. There are no social, legal or financial benefits any more.

How do i get a sweet natured, kind, considerate, kinda shy guy to let me know if he likes me? We talk quite a bit, text, fb message - all nice friendly stuff, however i want a hint that he may like me more than that but i know he doesn't seem the type to go flirty/dirty/etc. Asked him on a night out with friends for this weekend a while ago and he never replied. Part of me just wants to get him drunk so he looses his inhibitions!

How do i get a sweet natured, kind, considerate, kinda shy guy to let me know if he likes me? We talk quite a bit, text, fb message - all nice friendly stuff, however i want a hint that he may like me more than that but i know he doesn't seem the type to go flirty/dirty/etc. Asked him on a night out with friends for this weekend a while ago and he never replied. Part of me just wants to get him drunk so he looses his inhibitions!

Engage him on his terms, sounds like he may not like drinking so find something he does like it.

Engage him on his terms, sounds like he may not like drinking so find something he does like it.

I know he doesn't mind the odd drink, but i just want him to feel more comfortable around me and maybe just let his guard down a little. Just though drinks werent too formal or date like and can just be matey for now.

Who is it that keeps -1ing Gemstarrr?

i thought it was a couple of middle aged male posters who seemed to take a disliking to me a while back.

and then i thought it was people who just didn't agree with what i'm posting.

but it's getting ridiculous on every thing i post now so if so many people don't want me here i'll just f**k off to a different board.

festival goers are usually laidback, open, friendly people who i thought i'd most like to light heartedly 'discuss' random life goings on with. obviously i was wrong. thought i'd left this kind of pathetic bitchiness back in high school.

i thought it was a couple of middle aged male posters who seemed to take a disliking to me a while back.

but it's getting ridiculous on every thing i post now so if so many people don't want me here i'll just f**k off to a different board

festival goers are usually laidback, open, friendly people who i thought i'd most like to light heartedly 'discuss' random life goings on with. obviously i was wrong. thought i'd left this kind of pathetic bitchiness back in high school.

Don't let the bastards grind you down, who cares what a couple of anonymous saddos think. It's not as if the +s and -s mean anything.

but it's getting ridiculous on every thing i post now so if so many people don't want me here i'll just f**k off to a different board.

I've had a fair few of mine minused too, consecutively. Don't let it get to you. Whoever it is (or if it's just coincidence) it really doesn't matter so much :)