singles thread

ampersand

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bouncer grabs him by the neck and drags him out and tells he's not allowed in because he can't see without them, so he stays outside till it closes so he can go in and look and they then shut the door in his face.

Assuming he wasn't doing anything else that meant he shouldn't be in there, I think some disability-activist-organisations would have a field day with that.

At least the club did the right thing the next day.

Got casually talking to a girl in a coffee shop, doing well and we seemed to click and then I noticed (and she saw me notice too) she has a ring on her wedding finger. She was younger than me too.

Are engaged women not allowed to talk to people in coffee shops? Just because you thought it was anything more than that doesn't mean that she does.

On the other hand having a ring on your finger doesn't always symbolise being unavailable. She might be terribly unhappy.

Also, I don't wear a ring but my bloke is most definitely my one and only.

What has her being younger than you got to do with anyfink?

Are engaged women not allowed to talk to people in coffee shops? Just because you thought it was anything more than that doesn't mean that she does.

On the other hand having a ring on your finger doesn't always symbolise being unavailable. She might be terribly unhappy.

Also, I don't wear a ring but my bloke is most definitely my one and only.

What has her being younger than you got to do with anyfink?

Alright, calm down.

I wasn't judging her, it's not that she isn't allowed to talk to other people it was that I don't think it would be any good asking for her number to ask her out when she's engaged/married.

I'm surprised she's married/engaged at such a young age as I'm 25 and would be roughly 21-23ish.

Alright, calm down.

I wasn't judging her, it's not that she isn't allowed to talk to other people it was that I don't think it would be any good asking for her number to ask her out when she's engaged/married.

I'm surprised she's married/engaged at such a young age as I'm 25 and would be roughly 21-23ish.

I am not un-calm, your comments just struck me as quite odd.

You didn't mention in your first post that you were considering asking for her number and the reason you didn't was because of the ring.

I don't think 21-23 is a surprising age to be engaged at.

I am not un-calm, your comments just struck me as quite odd.

You didn't mention in your first post that you were considering asking for her number and the reason you didn't was because of the ring.

I don't think 21-23 is a surprising age to be engaged at.

What's odd about I'm disappointed that I got talking to a girl I clicked with then find out she's not available? Any guys care to agree with me that you meet a girl and getting talking to her and then find out she has a boyfriend let alone married/engaged and think "f**k!?!?". I find it odd that you think that when a girl is married/enanged it could mean she is available.

I do, a serious relationship probably but getting married is something I think most people wouldn't consider till their mid twenties.

Edited by jump

Quite a few of my friends were married by the age of 23 or so. But thats cos they're christians and I reckon they were just desperate for sex

well I was married with 3 kids, the third was born the day after my 23rd birthday - so I'm not sure what that says about Welsh girls. Or sex and Welsh girls. Or how much else there is to do in Wales. There's magic mushrooms of course, plenty of them growing wild. :P

I'd like to add that I had an old head on young shoulders, we're still together and happy.

it's surprising how many of my highschool friends are engaged/married and with kids/pregnant.

and rhey're 19/20. it's scary!

i'm doing research about how people's perceptions of weddings has changed for uni atm, it's really interesting.

actually, if you guys wouldn't mind filling in a questionnaire for me about it in a couple of weeks that would be brilliant!

i'm currently shocked at the cheek of this guy. a mates ex, was seeing him on and off for over a year and they only split last month apparently just texted her asking if she could 'hook him up' with me. unbelievable!

also, not so much as a kiss for me since new years eve. quite proud of myself weirdly.

In my opinion, marriage / engagement at 21-23ish is far too young. Considering I'm nearly 20, I don't even want to be thinking about marriage for at least like...5 years. I was talking to one of my housemates about it a few weeks ago. He's turning 23 this year, and was panicking because his mum told him he's got to start thinking about marriage and children and so on, but he's nowhere near that mindframe.

Each to their own, of course.

Also, still single. Lots of drama recently regarding the frisky housemate, all sorted now, back to being just friends. Met a young man who was quite fond of me, turns out I'm terrified of commitment. Brilliant.