singles thread

ampersand

I indulged in a bit of ex sex yesterday after weeks of resisting the walking penis!

bad bad bun! :ph34r:

Like a prostitute? :lol:

Honestly its like our relationship was, eventually i give in just so we can get to the bit where i can enjoy his company. I'm weak.

The thing is i do love him. I don't want to lose him he has been my best friend for over 10 years, but it seems he will never stop hassling me for sex. I'm, not saying it wasnt nice, but i kept trying to tell him i've made a choice not to be in a sexual relationship and that choice should be respected. I'm an idiot, i shouldn't have given in, i should have stood my ground. :angry:

Bad, bad RABun.

Don't let it be the start of a slippery slope. (Read your old posts to see how unhappy you were if you need a kick up the bum!)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and avoid anyone who dresses up in wacky (sorry, 'unique') clothing or dyes their hair in like neon green or some shit. It's generally a cry for help and basically says "this is all I've got going on, and you'll be bored in 2 weeks".

I've got a (usually) blonde streak in my hair that I dyed bright blue last week. It wasn't a cry for help and it definitely doesn't mean that's all I've got going on. I merely felt like a temporary change <_<

ooh Beck I bet the blue in your hair looks awesome :)

Well...I'm once again officially single and tbh this time I couldn't be happier. I'd been ignoring the alarm bells that had been ringing for the last few months, feeling like crap and driving myself mad worrying that what happened would happen...and it did, but hey ho. It's made me realise I'm happier being on my own for a while and just having a laugh being my usual flirty self :P Plus who wants a bloke tying you down when you're probably off to uni in a few months?

Also, you know it must have been bad when everyone comments on how much happier you seem once you're not involved with that person any more! :lol:

Anyway enough about me...how's everyone elses love.

/single life going?

You're hot, so it's ok when you do it.

Well thank you.

ooh Beck I bet the blue in your hair looks awesome :)

Well...I'm once again officially single and tbh this time I couldn't be happier. I'd been ignoring the alarm bells that had been ringing for the last few months, feeling like crap and driving myself mad worrying that what happened would happen...and it did, but hey ho. It's made me realise I'm happier being on my own for a while and just having a laugh being my usual flirty self :P Plus who wants a bloke tying you down when you're probably off to uni in a few months?

Also, you know it must have been bad when everyone comments on how much happier you seem once you're not involved with that person any more! :lol:

Anyway enough about me...how's everyone elses love.

/single life going?

Got a picture of it on facebook :)

Judging by what you've said, I'm glad you're officially single. You're clearly just too exciting and full of life :lol:

My love life is...non-existant. Everything fell apart with frisky housemate. We all went out clubbing about a month ago, I ended up having a cheeky smooch with one of FH's mates and then nearly falling asleep on him on the sofa when we got home. FH was fuming at the time, and still gets all huffy about it now when we see the aforementioned friend. He still gets huffy about any attention I get, actually. I, however, have decided I'm going to stop being all weak at the knees for him and make him work for it if he really wants me.

Otherwise, still very much single and very much looking forward to getting back to uni and carrying on with life. Not letting anyone hold me back anymore :)

Surely it would be best to show your friend the message / his profile, so she can confirm if it is her boyfriend? Otherwise you and she could be jumping to the wrong conclusion.

i copied his whole profile to her and she agreed was definately him.

they're not gonna see each other in person for another week cos they're not back at uni yet so she's gonna wait.

apparently he just mentioned that i was 'alright looking' when they were talking on fb chat today tho. he said he knew from fb stalking. so he's obviously made the connection from photos and knows that i know. i don't understand why he doesn't think i'd tell my best friend i think he's cheating!?

i've never liked him he treats her like shit, so pretty glad she now has the upper hand and can watch him squirm for abit and get her own back!

Went out last night, met a girl, talked to her all night, really liked her. Bailed out of asking her for her number, have forgotten her name and I'm behaving like a mad stalker trying to go through my friends' Facebook friends list to try and find her to no avail. FML, really should grow a pair.

No help now but I have conditioned myself that whenever I meet a girl for the 1st time and start talking as soon as you get to that point where it get's a tad quiet I ask for her number, it also helps keep the chat going too. If you think of it as more just keep the talk going rather than making an epic move it's a lot less pressure.

Edited by jump

No help now but I have conditioned myself that whenever I meet a girl for the 1st time and we start talking as soon as the you get to that point where it get's a tad quiet I ask for her number, it also helps keep the chat going to. If you think of it as more just keep the talk going rather than making an epic move it's a lot less pressure.

See, I always think of asking for the girls number as the grand finale, but your approach makes so much more sense. Problem is, I hate asking for it when theres folk around (as there was last night, and people that we both knew) in case I crash and burn and I make a tit of myself. Although maybe I'm making excuses for not asking her.... I'm thinking if I get a hold of her somehow, she'll go out with me cos we were chatting for like 2 hours or something, but its just doing it in a non-stalkerish manner.

I didn't do it but as a guess you're declaring yourself as amazing.

Maaaaan people take things so literally :rolleyes:

All I meant was, I'm not some weirdo nutjob interenet freak and neither is he, normal people do internet dating and internet dating can work fine for some people. Whether you meet someone on a night out or over the web, they can turn out to be a lying cheating bar steward wherever you may have run into them. That's all I was saying.

That, and how amazing I am.

Maaaaan people take things so literally :rolleyes:

All I meant was, I'm not some weirdo nutjob interenet freak and neither is he, normal people do internet dating and internet dating can work fine for some people. Whether you meet someone on a night out or over the web, they can turn out to be a lying cheating bar steward wherever you may have run into them. That's all I was saying.

That, and how amazing I am.

yup, i'm going to my brothers wedding in september that was brought to you by match.com. and i've met nutters in real life so there's no correct way.

yup, i'm going to my brothers wedding in september that was brought to you by match.com. and i've met nutters in real life so there's no correct way.

I think you get what you pay for. I've heard horror stories of people going on dates organised through Plenty of Fish and Gumtree when it had a dating section, which are both free. I think if I was truly serious and a bit older I might try something like Match or Eharmony if I was wanting a lasting relationship.

I think you get what you pay for. I've heard horror stories of people going on dates organised through Plenty of Fish and Gumtree when it had a dating section, which are both free. I think if I was truly serious and a bit older I might try something like Match or Eharmony if I was wanting a lasting relationship.

I used plentyoffish.

He was my 2nd 'date' on there.

The first date was terrible, he threw pebbles down the back of my jeans :unsure:

Edited by Katster

just depends though. i've looked on plenty of fish and you can spot the nutters. fair enough there might be nice looking people who turn out to be arseholes but that's the same as if you meet someone at a bar or a club or in work.

we're all people no matter where or how we meet them.

just depends though. i've looked on plenty of fish and you can spot the nutters. fair enough there might be nice looking people who turn out to be arseholes but that's the same as if you meet someone at a bar or a club or in work.

Exactly.

I used plentyoffish.

He was my 2nd 'date' on there.

The first date was terrible, he threw pebbles down the back of my jeans :unsure:

guess you're one of the success stories :)

that sounds kinda funny, funny in a weird way..like how weird lol

there's loads of less than desirables on there, but nothing you can do about it, just sift through the rubbish :)

I think internet dating sites should be kept soley for the nutters to keep them off the streets.

Sounds like a good plan, sadly no way to enforce it :)