singles thread

ampersand

Trying to figure out what's worse: being dumped, being pissed off at wasting so much time on that person, or the fact that there's nothing you can do to get them back. f**ksake I hate life sometimes :(

**vodka**

If you're wasting your time with them, why on earth would you want them back?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The time may have been wasted, but it doesn't make you like someone any less. I don't know. My poor brain is f**ked up lol

Indeed, it sucks. I don't like this Gez! :(

Todaaay, I moved out of my uni house for the holidays. Three weeks in which I won't be seeing frisky housemate, or our mutual best friend who has recently confessed to a bit of a crush on me. Three weeks I won't be partying hard and won't be getting terribly drunk, and will most definitely be remaining single. Oh jeez.

Site christmas lunch and all round messy afternoon today. I stayed sober due to having a test tomorrow. Anyway got talking to a really nice guy who i've been working with recently. He was quite drunk which was annoying, but other than that he's nice. anyway i couldnt get away and it was fairly obvious he was trying his luck. but really i'm not in any state to start seeing anyone, nor am i feeling comfortable about being intimate with anyone if you know what i mean. But i am so bad at letting people down gently. And if i was in a good place i probably would.

I think he's about 25 too :D

In the end i managed to extricate myself and eventually snuck out.

oh well the first time i've really had any pulling opportunity (since the split), well apart from a falling down drunk guy last week who wanted to do things to me with his tongue. couldnt quite make out what he said, but definitely heard the word tongue.

Indeed, it sucks. I don't like this Gez! :(

Todaaay, I moved out of my uni house for the holidays. Three weeks in which I won't be seeing frisky housemate, or our mutual best friend who has recently confessed to a bit of a crush on me. Three weeks I won't be partying hard and won't be getting terribly drunk, and will most definitely be remaining single. Oh jeez.

f**king bored today so I also read most of this recent thread. Been dating a girl for 2 and a half years now and my intuition was telling me this whole time that this "mutual friend" seemed fairly nice. From what I gathered you seemed to be very focused on this other guy, while this mutual friend appeared to be understanding and linstened to your situation.

Sounds like an alright guy to me? But maybe you don't see him in that way

f**king bored today so I also read most of this recent thread. Been dating a girl for 2 and a half years now and my intuition was telling me this whole time that this "mutual friend" seemed fairly nice. From what I gathered you seemed to be very focused on this other guy, while this mutual friend appeared to be understanding and linstened to your situation.

Sounds like an alright guy to me? But maybe you don't see him in that way

He's a lovely guy. One of the nicest people I've ever met, I love him to bits. I just don't see him as anything more than a friend, which I kind of hate because I know he'd make a really lovely boyfriend :/

I'm rather happy been talking to fit postie lots and texting him too. He seems to rather like the pics of my fancy dress outfits! ;) And now he's finally added me on facebook it looks like he is single and that we more in common too (camping, drama, etc). So what do i do now - wait, make a move, ask him for a drink, turn the texts flirtier? Or do as my workmate suggested and ambush him armed with mistletoe! :lol:

I'm with jump..deffo the last , ambush him armed with misletoe , :)

I hate xmas, I will get random family members asking why I don't have a steady girlfriend the worst being my Gran who demands grandkids.

i hate it when that happens. normally during christmas dinner so the whole family knows you're still single!

i've decided im turning over a new leaf next year, new year fresh start. no messing around with lads who treat me like shit and i know are bad for me. try to meet people in different ways other than clubs, parties and work. and most importantly no texting games messing with my head!

does anyone have any tips for meeting (nice) new men?

i hate it when that happens. normally during christmas dinner so the whole family knows you're still single!

i've decided im turning over a new leaf next year, new year fresh start. no messing around with lads who treat me like shit and i know are bad for me. try to meet people in different ways other than clubs, parties and work. and most importantly no texting games messing with my head!

Suck me off and I'll tell you?

I got really drunk on Christmas Eve, and have a vague memory of pulling a friend's sister on the way home. Not really cheating I suppose, me and Zooey aren't officially going out. But I do feel a touch guilty, I know I'd be a little bit sad if I found out she'd kissed some other chump.

Oh well.

This is a useful thread, although I am a little concerned about posting details of my love life on a public forum where they could be found by people I might write about.

Hence why I've created a new, anonymous profile just to post in here.

Anyway, the reason I wanted to post is ...

A couple of weeks ago I met a cute woman in a club, and have arranged to go on a date tomorrow night.

So far, so good.

Then, last night, my best friend seduced me after a drunken night out. She's a wonderful woman but she lives a long way away, and I'm not sure I want to potentially ruin a fantastic friendship by having a relationship with her. We've not really discussed what happened last night or this morning, but I do intend to talk to her about it soon, to see if it was just a drunken fling, a mates with benefits thing, or if she is interested in something more.

I'm probably not going to get the chance to discuss this before tomorrow, so, should I still go on the date? After all, if it was just a drunken fling, then I could be missing out on something with the new woman.

This is a useful thread, although I am a little concerned about posting details of my love life on a public forum where they could be found by people I might write about.

Hence why I've created a new, anonymous profile just to post in here.

Anyway, the reason I wanted to post is ...

A couple of weeks ago I met a cute woman in a club, and have arranged to go on a date tomorrow night.

So far, so good.

Then, last night, my best friend seduced me after a drunken night out. She's a wonderful woman but she lives a long way away, and I'm not sure I want to potentially ruin a fantastic friendship by having a relationship with her. We've not really discussed what happened last night or this morning, but I do intend to talk to her about it soon, to see if it was just a drunken fling, a mates with benefits thing, or if she is interested in something more.

I'm probably not going to get the chance to discuss this before tomorrow, so, should I still go on the date? After all, if it was just a drunken fling, then I could be missing out on something with the new woman.

Thats a no brainer, definately go on the date. You dont sound like you want to go out with your friend anyway.

Just dont look for it and then thats when it normally turns up..

Oh and nice one here ;)

Talk to your postman :rolleyes:

I want to meet nice new women. I wish it was easier, all the speed dating, dating websites etc seem to be aimed at people older than me (23) plus I'd ideally like to give the meeting a girl in a club option a go at least once.

They should invent some way for nice people of either sex to meet.

Suck me off and I'll tell you?

I got really drunk on Christmas Eve, and have a vague memory of pulling a friend's sister on the way home. Not really cheating I suppose, me and Zooey aren't officially going out. But I do feel a touch guilty, I know I'd be a little bit sad if I found out she'd kissed some other chump.

Oh well.

haha you're exactly the kind im trying to avoid!

so how are things with zooey? the fact that you'd be jealous shows you must have some feelings for her?

or is it just friends with benefits for the forseeable future?

So far, so good.

definately go on the date, you never know what could happen!

it's only a first date, no commitment so don't worry about your 'friend'.

then you can talk things through with your friend. although long distance with someone you're not sure about doesn't aound like a great idea 2bh!

Just dont look for it and then thats when it normally turns up..

Oh and nice one here ;)

that's what i'm thinking. always meet someone when you least expect it! but im sorry to admit im starting to get abit desperate now so its not really working haha

Talk to your postman :rolleyes:

I want to meet nice new women. I wish it was easier, all the speed dating, dating websites etc seem to be aimed at people older than me (23) plus I'd ideally like to give the meeting a girl in a club option a go at least once.

They should invent some way for nice people of either sex to meet.

i'd go on speed dating for a laugh but don't think i'd ever be able to take it seriously! not at my age anyway!

and yea dating websites to seem to be aimed for those older and i'd be abit wary of them, people arent always who they say they are and all that!

i might try and invent a new way of meeting people haha. you hear of people doing 'supermarket' dating and stuff. doesn't seem quite so insane now!

Try asking for computer advice on a festivals based internet forum.

Worked a treat for Rabid & me.... B)

awww :) maybe i should try that! haha

that's what i'm thinking. always meet someone when you least expect it! but im sorry to admit im starting to get abit desperate now so its not really working haha

This is precisely your problem! I swear men can sense desperation, they avoid it like the plague (unless, of course, they want a quick shag and then intend to never talk to you again). A friend of mine told me a couple of years ago, to stop looking and wait for someone to walk into my life. Whilst I still haven't had a relationship since then, I've met lots of nice young men that could've been a possibility.

The efesters are a perfect example of finding luuuurve where you least expect it - asking for computer advice on a message board or chatting to your postman etc.

This is precisely your problem! I swear men can sense desperation, they avoid it like the plague (unless, of course, they want a quick shag and then intend to never talk to you again). A friend of mine told me a couple of years ago, to stop looking and wait for someone to walk into my life. Whilst I still haven't had a relationship since then, I've met lots of nice young men that could've been a possibility.

The efesters are a perfect example of finding luuuurve where you least expect it - asking for computer advice on a message board or chatting to your postman etc.

I have made little effort waiting for girls to come into my life, what with uni and all (which has also meant I've met a fair few) and it hasnt worked. I need to take matters into my own hands. Being in a relationship isnt the most important thing in the world at our age anyway, its more that I feel I should be in one because everyone I know either has a gf/bf or doesnt have one out of choice (or could get one easily).

I have made little effort waiting for girls to come into my life, what with uni and all (which has also meant I've met a fair few) and it hasnt worked. I need to take matters into my own hands. Being in a relationship isnt the most important thing in the world at our age anyway, its more that I feel I should be in one because everyone I know either has a gf/bf or doesnt have one out of choice (or could get one easily).

Thinking through the past few years, the boys I've made the effort to meet are the ones that nothing would've lasted with anyway. The ones who stuck around for a while are the ones who were chance meetings and friends of friends. I feel I should be in a relationship because I've been single for 3 years and 2 months, and it kinda sucks seeing friends in relationships for that amount of time and knowing I'm just looooonely.

...And I miss sex. Yep. :ph34r:

Thinking through the past few years, the boys I've made the effort to meet are the ones that nothing would've lasted with anyway. The ones who stuck around for a while are the ones who were chance meetings and friends of friends. I feel I should be in a relationship because I've been single for 3 years and 2 months, and it kinda sucks seeing friends in relationships for that amount of time and knowing I'm just looooonely.

...And I miss sex. Yep. :ph34r:

All this^^^, though tbh I'm genuinely not fussed about sex - sex is the easiest thing to do something about anyway.

Edit: that came out weird haha, I mean, if it was just about sex and not relationships then you could just go with randomers

Edited by Snufflebutt