end 2 rumours

Guest OKB

to be fair, I know what he means, if you worked at a magazine you wouldn't publish headliners of major festival if you knew would you?

NME certainly never make predictions, nor metal hammer, kerrang. Newspapers would never tell you if they knew, like the Sun or the Star for example. Its a known fact people don't buy newspapers or magazines to find things out or to hear this sort of information, that would be ridiculous, of course you'd tell your mates but not the readers who would buy your magazine to find these things out.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair, I know what he means, if you worked at a magazine you wouldn't publish headliners of major festival if you knew would you?

NME certainly never make predictions, nor metal hammer, kerrang. Newspapers would never tell you if they knew, like the Sun or the Star for example. Its a known fact people don't buy newspapers or magazines to find things out or to hear this sort of information, that would be ridiculous, of course you'd tell your mates but not the readers who would buy your magazine to find these things out.

I've actually heard this as well. Pretty reliable source too. I had heard previously Download booked a headliner at this years fest, and given that Dave Grohl (Them Crooked Vultures) and Taylor Hawkins (and his "Coattail Riders") were there on the same day, it's a very realistic possibility.

Whenever I was in school I used to go to these lessons - it was called RE or something. I heard about this big dude that lived in the sky and when he was really, really angry, what he did was flood the earth and kill everything - and then, a few years later, this big dude gave birth to a child and decided that the only way to stop people from being w*nkers was to nail this kid to a plank.

I actually heard that...

I've also heard from scouring the internet that the Royal Family are lizards, that Barack Obama is a terrorist, and that Jean Claude Van Damme is an actor. It's f**king astonishing some of the things you hear.

"I knew this bloke..."

I've actually heard this as well. Pretty reliable source too. I had heard previously Download booked a headliner at this years fest, and given that Dave Grohl (Them Crooked Vultures) and Taylor Hawkins (and his "Coattail Riders") were there on the same day, it's a very realistic possibility.

Foo Fighters were always an incredibly overrated band in my eyes. I've never really liked them. I've never been able to work out what it is about them that I dislike... I like the song 'Everlong' but that's because it's a very good Sonic Youth rip-off. Other than that, they just have this 'harder Goo Goo Dolls' vibe about them - they lack the independent appeal of a band like The Replacements or Pixies and yet make the same sort of Big Star/Cheap Trick does Punk sound as them.

I've never really understood Foo Fighters. I think a lot of younglings listen to them now because they were either unborn or listening to Take That when Kurt Cobain killed himself and so when their taste in music developed, they subconsciously turned to the closest thing they could get to Nirvana. Just a theory.

When i worked for Gatecrasher I leaked the headliners of the last summer sound system on here months before the official announcement but couldn't reveal my sources for obvious reasons.I got the usual,"yeah sure mate" like i thought i would but did it anyway as i was dying to talk about it.