Sziget 2011

Guest kaisherz

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would LOVE the Foo's to be announced. that would make my day (no matter what day that was, except of course if it was a day i won the lotto!)

not bothered about Wino announcement but so far the whole line up is looking good. pleased already. glad i have my tickets bought and flights booked!

exciting! :D

Shade camping? Arrive on Saturday. If you join with the masses on Monday, the best spots will be taken. And even in the shade, you'll be leaving your private sauna 8/9am anyway. It can easily be mid 30s in Budapest in August, no escape. Opt for the VIP camping with swimming pool if you insist. ;)

After Glasto last year, we thought never again camping in the heat. So we've opted for a apartment in the city for a week! Its going to be a right novelty going to a fest having had a shower!

Not looking forward to the heat though, I DO NOT deal with it well. I hear its a 'dry heat' and not too bad compared to what the same temp would be like in the UK?

So how many of the announced bands do you think we have as headliners?

i think winehouse, pulp, chemical bros...kasabian? they were just below muse last year so you never know, could be another headliner or two yet...

or is my dream of the strokes at sziget over? :P

Not sure about Exit, I believe they start really late there don't they?

At Sziget it's hard to say when the day starts, to be honest. Sure, the sun will burn you out of tour tent no later than 8am. But how the day progresses really varies. There's not much interesting music wise before 3pm usually, with some exceptions. We also experienced a really lame day with nothing we cared about until Motorhead at 8-9pm. The atmosphere of having a blast of a city nearby simply makes it very inviting to take some time off from the festival to relax in a pool or bathhouse, go shopping, eat out, etcetera. But it's also not like you're going to pop in and out for an hour. You do that with the massive Auchan supermarket a short walk from the entrance bridge.

You'll figure it out when you're there, planning wise. You're there for a whole week and will (have to) cherrypick between hectic and leisure. Although I have to say Sziget feels more laidback than festivals up to three days, where all the fun is packed tightly.

Me and my friends bought our tickets this week and I'd like to share our experiences.

One of my friends bought her ticket from Interticket on the sziget.hu website, but after making the payment she got a blank page. Now she has her money transferred from her bank account but no ticket or some kind of confirmation data. She tried to call Interticket but the phone number didn't work and she tried contacting them by e-mail, but after three days still no response. We hope this will be okay soon, but it is making my friend quite nervous now.

My other friend bought her ticket at szigetfest.co.uk, which all went fine, and I bought my ticket at Seetickets. It turned out that my friend paid less than I did, and she got her ticket immediately where I got a message that the ticket will be delivered 48 hours before the festival. And that's problematic, as we wanted to leave some days earlier to make a road trip through Central-Europe...

So our advice is: buy your tickets at the szigetfest.co.uk website to avoid problems like ours.

Last year I bought my ticket at szigetfest.co.uk and it all worked out fine. One of the major advantages was that I didn't have to get in the huge waiting line for picking up my ticket, because I already printed it at home. Now unfortunately one of my friends bought her ticket on the sziget.hu website, so I guess we're gonna have to wait for hours for her... If she gets het ticket at all, because she still didn't get any reply from Interticket and she still didn't get any confirmation data! After last years positive experience I definately trust the ticket system of Paylogic much more than Interticket.

Some Dutch friends told me there is a team of Sziget working from The Netherlands that are responsible for promotion in the UK. I guess they are behind the szigetfest.co.uk website, as it looks a lot like the Dutch website www.szigetfestival.nl. My Dutch friends are buying their ticket on this website for years already, they are also the one who recommended me to buy my ticket at the szigetfest.co.uk website. So far I've not heard anything negative about this website, except for how it looks like. But my Dutch friends told me there is a new website coming, so maybe it will look better soon...