Sziget 2011

Guest kaisherz

Eventim is a respectable ticket agency and the Citypass should be an e-ticket so you could do that.

A pint costs 500 forint... a bottle of Coke was 360 last year, some cocktails go up to 1800, but the 2L cocktail buckets are good value for money at around 3500 I believe. All in all, cheap. Check exchange rates but you should be able to get 300 forint a pound.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone recommend a any cheap and cheerful BnBs or hostels in budapest? preferably easy to find also as it's my first time, although after 10 days i should have my bearings (hopefully). couldn't get a flight back till the 16th so need somewhere to crash on monday night.

So the countdowns really on now with only 14 days till I and 8 friends will be on the island and ready for an awsome week at sziget. How's everyones pre-festival plans going.

Got the camping gear out at the weekend and ordered out minibus to gatwick on the 8th. Feels real close now and getting excited.

That Citypass thing now includes discounts to the Zoo and the Amusement Park in Budapest. Think its 20% and 30%.

I emailed the Hungaroring yesterday about a tour, and they only do it for groups 20 minimum. I think I'll venture up anyway and see what I can find. Still, not impressed. mad.gif

Hey everybody, just registered here because it seemed to be the most active forum I could find about sziget. Myself and a bunch of friends are travelling from Sweden to visit Sziget and we were wondering if anybody with past sziget experience could answer two questions.

1. Is there a place nearby where you can recharge "lead-acid batteries"? (car accumulators?)

We were thinking about bringing one for our music device (which gives us 2 extra watt ;) ) but we couldn't find any definitive answers about it. (which I guess suggests that they don't provide that service)

2. The 2-liter buckets look awesome! But, how strong are they? Because it really looks like something that can keep you tipsy a while. ( == less money spent, yay)

Anyway, thankful for any suggestions or advice! :D

people looking at staying in budapest on the 15th, make SURE you book your hostel in advance.in 2009 me and a mate had to roam the streets late on at night trying everywhere we could find but nowhere would take us in.

had to rough it in the end haha!

never again though