Sziget 2011

Guest kaisherz

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was using a visa

got fed up and just booked through seetickets instead......and its done.

have to wait for them to send it out but Ive never had a problem with any glasto tickets from them over the years so heres hoping.

roll on 9th august

If you have a non camping ticket and want to see prince you can pay 30 euro on the gate to upgrade to a camping ticket! Rather than paying 52 euro for day 0.

From the FAQ

Can I exchange my Non-Camping Ticket for a Camping Ticket?

Yes, you can exchange your ticket at the ticket booths by paying the difference.

http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english/info/faq#noncampingticket

aaah baws... nevermind i still get to see Prince, even if it cost me an extra €20!

What do you guys think about the fact that its going to be a cashless site with everything paid for on the Festivalcard? Sounds a bit of a pain in the arse if you ask me. Seen the watched they are flogging off for €30 that acts as your festival card...

http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english/info/festivalcard#partyproofwallet So you buy your booze and pay with your watch..mental!

If you have a non camping ticket and want to see prince you can pay 30 euro on the gate to upgrade to a camping ticket! Rather than paying 52 euro for day 0.

From the FAQ

Yes, you can exchange your ticket at the ticket booths by paying the difference.

I've already used the Festival Card at Balaton Sound, it worked surprisingly good! It's much better than using coins, like I had to do at EXIT some years ago. And before leaving you can get the money of your card back, which is also much better than at EXIT. I still have some coins to buy beer and water there...

I heard a friend ordered her non-camping ticket through See Tickets and the ticket says it is valid from 8th. I asked the Sziget organisation and they say non-camping tickets are valid from the 10th. I guess See made a mistake there...

Edit: Now we got confirmation from See, their non-camping tickets are also valid from the 10th, not from 8th.

Edited by Cristall

So the countdowns really on now with only 14 days till I and 8 friends will be on the island and ready for an awsome week at sziget. How's everyones pre-festival plans going.

Got the camping gear out at the weekend and ordered out minibus to gatwick on the 8th. Feels real close now and getting excited.

So the countdowns really on now with only 14 days till I and 8 friends will be on the island and ready for an awsome week at sziget. How's everyones pre-festival plans going.

Got the camping gear out at the weekend and ordered out minibus to gatwick on the 8th. Feels real close now and getting excited.

Unfortunately the ticket payment problems seem to be on VISA's end, not Paylogic's (the Hungarian site has the same problems)...

Two weeks people! Does everyone have their "wanna see" lists sorted? I'm kicking off with La Brass Banda on Wednesday.. assuming I survive days -3 through 0. ;-)

From the FAQ

oh arse i've just seen that you can only use this card thing inside the festival.

me and cards do not go together, i like to see what's left in my wallet before i go daft at the bar.

Hard to say, as the map changed a lot. Seems like we can't camp where we want to (near the boat entrance, #43)... :-(

Best tip I got is to get the Vodafone Sziget SIM card at the terrain (13 euro, includes 11 euro credit at great rates + 500MB data + free Facebook), the ring me for further details. ;)

where's the best place for us brits to get a citypass at this time? It says on the site that all festival ticket retailers are selling them but Seetickets doesnt have a link. All i can find right now is a bulgarian ticket agency called eventim.bg and im not too sure if this is A) dodgy B) not goin to be able to post to the uk and C) goin to be too late to arrive in the uk or D) Just goin to be an e-ticket which i wont need to worry about at all!!!

anyone bought one yet? anywhere?!?!

Eventim is a respectable ticket agency and the Citypass should be an e-ticket so you could do that.

A pint costs 500 forint... a bottle of Coke was 360 last year, some cocktails go up to 1800, but the 2L cocktail buckets are good value for money at around 3500 I believe. All in all, cheap. Check exchange rates but you should be able to get 300 forint a pound.