Efests Recipe Book

nightcrawler13

To all those giving my tablet recipe a go.....the MOST IMPORTANT thing to remember is the pan you make it in has to be large and have thick bottom. I use the biggest Le Cruset pan I've got. Keep the heat low.

Try to get LIGHT condensed milk too as this can make the difference between success and a burnt offering!

Ben> you've tried my tablet before and told me then that it was as good as your Auntie Mary's! :)

i only have rubbish pots and wee thin trays. i think i'll need to buy a new pot and a new tray, i'll be making it thin but i don't want it spilling over the tray.

The tin doesn't matter tbh. Mine are all old and tatty or really thin toffee trays that belonged to my granny. I wouldn't try to make it in a thin bottomed pot though. Would burn too easily.

I've recently discovered the joys of the red lentil. Both me and my bank balance are pleased with the over all result.

Anyway, I've made this recipe twice this week.

http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/10/recipe-for-spicy-red-lentil-and.html

I beefed it up with some finely chopped red pepper, carrots and mushrooms. Very nice.

I've recently discovered the joys of the red lentil. Both me and my bank balance are pleased with the over all result.

Anyway, I've made this recipe twice this week.

http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/10/recipe-for-spicy-red-lentil-and.html

I beefed it up with some finely chopped red pepper, carrots and mushrooms. Very nice.

That sounds pretty scary to me! I suspect if I had some of that.. I might have an involuntary and probably incapacitating Train of Malteser Bullets

Not for me, that one thanks...

den

Edited by gratedenini

The tin doesn't matter tbh. Mine are all old and tatty or really thin toffee trays that belonged to my granny. I wouldn't try to make it in a thin bottomed pot though. Would burn too easily.

do i just grease the tray with butter or do i need some sort of paper to line the tray?

do i just grease the tray with butter or do i need some sort of paper to line the tray?

Wouldn`t do any harm to line it with greaseproof paper which would make it easier to get out, but not essential.

Remember to mark it for cutting before it sets. If you are greasing the tray... dont go beserk--only needs a thin film to aid getting it out.

den

Just grease the tray. No paper needed. You'll spend ages trying to peel it off if you do!

I`vw got traqys which have cooked rabbits on. Made moulded CD key rings on etc... like most poelep.

And I`m telling yer... a shheyt of greaseploof pyper would enable a satef ejaculation of the the tabley.

Perchance you will be responsinle for these student types burnib seven sdaes out of pans belominubg to their landlords .

eeee lad... i`m well gome me lad.

its thwe common welth vodkaa ganes. the GREEN games...

toillet..

Chilli Maui...

I love this, I ordered it a restraunt once and it's probably my fave meal.

2 lbs chicken breast or lamb

6 oz. whiskey (or beer)

4 oz. water

2 large peppers

6 cloves garlic

1-1/2 tablespoons fresh shredded ginger root

1 sweet onion

1/3 of a pineapple (about 1 cup)

2 shredded carrots

2 green jalapeno peppers (chopped)

2 stalks of celery (chopped)

1 tablespoon basil

2 tablespoons oregano

1/2 tablespoon thyme

2 tablespoons chili powder

1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

1 tablespoon cumin

1 tablespoon soy sauce (light)

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1 8 oz can tomato sauce

1 14-1/2 oz can whole peeled tomatoes

1 15 oz can chopped tomatoes

1 6 oz can tomato paste

2 tablespoons honey

2 Bay leaves

2-4 tablespoons yellow corn meal

1 tablespoon olive oil

1. Put the olive oil into the slow cooker and let it heat up.

2. Add onions and other vegetables and pineapple.

3. Add all liquids.

4. Add chicken/lamb.

5. Add all spices.

6. Add all tomato ingredients.

7. Add honey.

8. Add yellow corn meal slowly throughout the cooking process to thicken the chili.

9. Leave in slow cooker for 6 hours.

10. Serve with rice.

Edited by jump

I`vw got traqys which have cooked rabbits on. Made moulded CD key rings on etc... like most poelep.

And I`m telling yer... a shheyt of greaseploof pyper would enable a satef ejaculation of the the tabley.

Perchance you will be responsinle for these student types burnib seven sdaes out of pans belominubg to their landlords .

eeee lad... i`m well gome me lad.

its thwe common welth vodkaa ganes. the GREEN games...

toillet..

???? I cant remember any of this! My spelling is directly propotional to the amount of lash down me neck.

But, I`ve still managed to get a pan of me Autumn Broth on the go. Might give the (now) famous tablet a go this aft.

den

TABLET ALERT! TABLET ALERT!

Wheres Treacle???

3/4 tin of light condensed milk.

But what size of tin... theres about 3 different sizes..just about to walk into town for the ingredients as well. Bugger.

Well, I`ll buy a big tin anyway and wait for the authors attendence....

den

TABLET ALERT! TABLET ALERT!

Wheres Treacle???

3/4 tin of light condensed milk.

But what size of tin... theres about 3 different sizes..just about to walk into town for the ingredients as well. Bugger.

Well, I`ll buy a big tin anyway and wait for the authors attendence....

den

400 grammes or 14.1 odd ounces is the standard tin size.

How long after the meat goes in? Just until the meat is cooked?

Sorry my bad, it's in a slow cooker (I've looked for how to make it without one but never found a recipe) so you basically chuck it all in there and make sure it's mixed and leave it in there for 4-6 hours depending on how you have the heat settings.

I like slow cookers, so when I get back from work the food is ready and hot.

Sorry my bad, it's in a slow cooker (I've looked for how to make it without one but never found a recipe) so you basically chuck it all in there and make sure it's mixed and leave it in there for 4-6 hours depending on how you have the heat settings.

I like slow cookers, so when I get back from work the food is ready and hot.

Ah. I don’t have one. The danger is that if you leave it in a pot for too long it turns into goo. Looks great though Ill try find a way!