'These are the Headliners' Efest October tradition

Guest marcwilson87

Correct me if I am wrong (as I may very well be) but hasn't Neil been fairly certain of the Headliners the past two years by October time, and in fact bee correct with all 6?!

If my memory serves me correctly and October has became the month in recent years for the efests unofficial announcement, just wondering if Neli expects to hear anything concrete this month?

(I wasn't going to ask, but getting my tickets has made me excited :)

Correct me if I am wrong (as I may very well be) but hasn't Neil been fairly certain of the Headliners the past two years by October time, and in fact bee correct with all 6?!

If my memory serves me correctly and October has became the month in recent years for the efests unofficial announcement, just wondering if Neli expects to hear anything concrete this month?

(I wasn't going to ask, but getting my tickets has made me excited :)

I'll correct you. :)

Unfortunately, I only got to reveal one of the headliners for 2010 - Muse. And that was much later than October, but before xmas (you can find the date if you want from the news article that was published here saying Muse were definite).

The U2 announcement took everyone by surprise, and while I know that the Stones were being lined up, once that was out of the window when they pulled their touring plans (cos of Ronnie's drinking I think) I was in the dark about who they had instead.

I might have been more on the ball about Stevie, but unfortunately a Stevie rumour had started here without any basis, and grown its own legs ... so while Stevie was often reported, I know for certain that so many of those reports were baseless, from the baseless rumour that had been posted on here.

If/when I know anything, I'll say it. :)