Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a call from daughter on site. The mud was *BAD* at the gates and around the Main Market areas yesterday. But no real problems where she is camping in Pennards. She also says that what mud there is is drying out fast. But being a typical teen she hasn't ventured far from her tent on Pennards today so this report is strictly local to that area of the site.

For anyone looking at this thread from the site.

Lots of rain tomorrow night so make sure that you waterproof up tomorrow eve when leaving your tent to hit the stages.

Lush on Saturday & Sunday. :D

It's going to be a wellie weekend for sure, but wear sun cream as well!

Friday nite was grim, I nearly slept in the pussy parlure as I couldn't face trekking home in the lashing rain! BUT overall the weather wasn't that bad, and we were blessed with a seriously glorious Sunday with insanely warm temperatures right thru the night, I was sat on flagtopia in a t shirt at sunrise which seemed very strange but totally made up for the mud

A real mixed bag this year.

To me it felt like each day encapsulated the conditions of a previous festival:

Wednesday - HEAVY shower at annoying moment = 2005

Thursday - Rain early but generally quite decent = 2008

Friday - Will it ever stop pissing it down? = 2007

Saturday - Thank God it's stopped pissing it down = 2009

Sunday - Scorchio = 2010 (and then some!)

Don't give the forecasters too hard of a time for failing to call it. I'm just pleased the "severe weather warning" (can't remember which day but it was for 12 hours of heavy rain) that out campsite stewards were warning us about never came to pass!

A real mixed bag this year.

To me it felt like each day encapsulated the conditions of a previous festival:

Wednesday - HEAVY shower at annoying moment = 2005

Thursday - Rain early but generally quite decent = 2008

Friday - Will it ever stop pissing it down? = 2007

Saturday - Thank God it's stopped pissing it down = 2009

Sunday - Scorchio = 2010 (and then some!)

Don't give the forecasters too hard of a time for failing to call it. I'm just pleased the "severe weather warning" (can't remember which day but it was for 12 hours of heavy rain) that out campsite stewards were warning us about never came to pass!

This year proves what a complete waste of time analysing, debating and trying to predict what the weather will be. BBC had white cloud forecast on Friday morning! NME confirmed a 'rain free Glasto' on Wednesday. You will never accurately predict the weather, best thing to do is forget about it and get on with it.