Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine is coming for the first time next year. She is a proper goth so she will hate it if its too warm , but then she does not like the mud neither.

Personally I am hoping for 100 degrees plus with no clouds , just to see her suffer in her tight black jeans and Sisters of Mercy hoody !

:lol:

Well...I for one seriously missed a bit of mud. Actively sought it out in the end and found myself a lovely cool squelchy spot under the Greenpeace Salad shed where they had a little dribble of water flowing on purpose. I sploshed about in the mud to my hearts content, getting it in my toes and schmooshing it about and enjoying its cooling properties :D. It was bloody weird being at the G and NOT hearing 'ssschlop ssschlop ssschlop'. Only G mud sounds like G mud...(see the beginning of the Glasto Movie as proof).

I havent witnessed walls of people huddling in tiny available areas shade ever before in my 11 attendances since 95. That was just utter madness.

Not being able to consume a lot of drink and wishing the heat to go away as it messed up your day...bring me the rain anyday...that way you can drink to forget what's going on and by the time you are wrecked then whether its raining or not doesnt matter! :D

07 was one of the funniest and best G's I've been to.

Well...I for one seriously missed a bit of mud. Actively sought it out in the end and found myself a lovely cool squelchy spot under the Greenpeace Salad shed where they had a little dribble of water flowing on purpose. I sploshed about in the mud to my hearts content, getting it in my toes and schmooshing it about and enjoying its cooling properties :D. It was bloody weird being at the G and NOT hearing 'ssschlop ssschlop ssschlop'. Only G mud sounds like G mud...(see the beginning of the Glasto Movie as proof).

I havent witnessed walls of people huddling in tiny available areas shade ever before in my 11 attendances since 95. That was just utter madness.

Not being able to consume a lot of drink and wishing the heat to go away as it messed up your day...bring me the rain anyday...that way you can drink to forget what's going on and by the time you are wrecked then whether its raining or not doesnt matter! :D

But its nice to be able to sit anywhere you want to on site. Jazz World , Stone Circle etc are far

better with nice dry ground underneath.

Lucy I know you are a bit mad, well we all know that, but for the love of god, stand down with you mud-love. This years weather was fantastic and I would take the same weather every year without hesitation, I just dont understand some of you rain and mud loving bleaters.

Back to my tent at 05.00 - 06.00am maybe two hours sleep, up as tent becomes an inferno, go for breakfast and be on the cider for 10.00 - 11.00am, maybe a little nap in the afternoon under the dance lounge tent or WOW! Stage whatever it is called now and then: "back in the game", back on the cider, back on the woo-woos, back on the turbo woo-woos, back on whatever else you might fancy, easy peasy: rinse and repeat.

Edited by shazbam

NOW STOP THIS AT ONCE OR IF IT DOES RAIN IN 2011 I`LL HAVE YOU HUNTED DOWN AND BURNT AT THE STAKE AS A WITCH. :)

NO RAIN NO COMPROMISE 2011

Let me explain:

Woo-woo consists of one part vodka one part peach schnapps two parts cranberry juice, I know on the face of it that does not sound that good, however I promise you it is much greater than the sum of its parts. It is lovely long drink that has a kick. I bring it on site ready mixed in 5 litres bottles (20 litres this year), we gave 5 litres to our friends who gravely underestimated the power of what on the face of it seems like a refreshing Pimms type drink, one of them was later found asleep under an ice cream van.

Turbo woo-woo consists of one part vodka one part peach schnapps one part cranberry juice, and is of course much stronger and tastes it. I carry about 500ml around with me at all times, in case I need a quick "sharpener", especially useful if there is a long queue for the bar. I gave my mate a bottle on the Thursday with the words: "you want some fruit shoot?" he gladly chugged about a quarter of it before he released what he had done :)

The mud lovers that have come out after last year's scorchio is a worrying trend.

I have a huge aversion to mud. I used to race mountain bikes and the amount of long distance or 24 hour endurance events ruined by mud + foot/wheel traffic I really cannot count. The amount of times I've ended up carrying a 25lb bike with 50lb of mud caked on it because the wheels wouldn't turn due to clagged up mud have left me scarred. The muddy bits in 09, sparse and shallow though they were, were enough to get me going once it was stuck to the boots. Hate it.

NRNC - NOT NOW, NOT EVER!!!!