The Walking Dead

luckysalt

This is actually annoying me more than it should but in that episode we see a bunch of security guards getting done over with pin point accuracy by snipers and yet no one is set up to take a shot at Neegan as soon as he walks out? Its stupid

Also - How many years are we into the apocalypse? and yet the grass doesnt seem to grow very fast and roads are still clear of vegetation?   

Below is a photo of a road in Fukushima 4 years after the disaster. TWD really dont get this nearly right.........

2D289E2300000578-0-image-m-115_144422754

Edited by ThomThomDrum

39 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I think it's about 18 months isn't it

Has to be longer than 18 months. Sure Rick got his Mrs duffed and she was preggers for the guts of 9 months and gave birth while dying (so that time line is near to 1 year) and that was donkeys ago...........how old is the kid now? at least 2? Its gotta be a minimum of 3 years Id suspect...........sure when they were in the Prison was there not a massive time jump between seasons?

I read an article just before the new episode that mentioned 18 months. Although it did also say that the makers themselves were confused by their own timeline. If I'm being honest, I stopped paying attention to details and logic and such a long time ago. I figured if the writers didn't see the need too then neither did I 

When Rick started shooting mid-countdown I thought it was all gonna go off, but nope, fell on old traits and just fucked around. What exactly was the point of that whole exercise? To make the walkers swarm the place, sure, but why was Rick not allowed to pop Negan when he had the chance, or like has been said, why wasn't the initial plan to just blow his head off from the off?

Also Rick looked ridiculous in his daydream of his older self. Why had he seemingly aged like thirty years whereas Judith was still a child and Michonne looked near enough the same?

12 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Well if the writers (or anyone) reckon only 18 months has past after us watching for this long it just adds to the farce...........why I do this I dont know!?

This site gives a very detailed breakdown and reckons it's 20 months. No idea (and no desire to work out) how accurate it is and it stops a few episodes short of the end of season 7. Seems even the obsessed nutters doing it lost the will to carry on

21 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Has to be longer than 18 months. Sure Rick got his Mrs duffed and she was preggers for the guts of 9 months and gave birth while dying (so that time line is near to 1 year) and that was donkeys ago...........how old is the kid now? at least 2? Its gotta be a minimum of 3 years Id suspect...........sure when they were in the Prison was there not a massive time jump between seasons?

the comics at issue 127 moved forward an unspecified amount - accredited to be between 3 and 5 years, that was 20 months after Rick awoke (a point we've yet to reach in the tv series)...

and to the comic readers.... damn that cane (it's still gonna happen|!|)

Edited by 5co77ie

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Time to face facts folks: this program is complete, total and utter shit.

But I'll keep watching.

Unfortunately for me this is exactly were its at and has been for a long while now. I really wished I didnt feel compelled to continue with it. Every week I watch it is like regrettable, guilt ridden break up sex......... 

• Upvote 1

We gave up after penultimate episode of last season. Even the JDM's presence couldn't make it appealing to me, and I watch a lot of shit TV. I still vaguely want to know how the story moves on but I don't want to have to endure actually watching it. 

On 10/24/2017 at 12:15 PM, philipsteak said:

Has anyone stuck with Fear the Walking Dead? From what I've read it seems the 3rd season got quite good. Or at least, it got better. I gave up after the first, and nothing I heard about the 2nd made me question that. Just wondering if it was worth giving it another go

so we'll be seeing Michael Cudlitz in this!

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:09 AM, russycarps said:

Another 60 minutes of people firing machine guns at each other. Yay.

All of a sudden everyone's levelled up and unlocked unlimited ammunition ! Everyone blasting away like there's no tomorrow and Morgan's hand gun had unlimited rounds, even after blasting his way out of that outpost he was ready to take out every one of the saviours that had surrendered.

The best way to watch Walking Dead is to suspend all belief and not overthink things too hard.

Edited by swede

What was even the point of reintroducing that Morales guy? Literally nothing was accomplished by it other than to have a cliffhanger ending in episode 2 (which was then deemed pointless by his death so soon after).

Pretty shite episode. The Morgan vs. Jesus stuff was just cringey to watch and all the running around shooting people every five minutes has gotten old fast. I anticipate a whole load of fuck all happening until the mid season finale. 

22 hours ago, russycarps said:

Another hour of people firing machine guns at each other. Yay.

Ah, now, to be fair, someone we didn't care about died too.

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

What was even the point of reintroducing that Morales guy? Literally nothing was accomplished by it other than to have a cliffhanger ending in episode 2 (which was then deemed pointless by his death so soon after).

I'm sure I wasn't alone in having completely forgotten who he was