The Walking Dead

luckysalt

If I'm invested in a show I can suspend my belief a bit and give the show a pass but what the fuck was the latest episode playing at.

We're two episodes away from the end of this season and it's still at a snails pace. Walking dead ! More like the snoring dead it was that boring ! 

They are trying to drag this arc out for two seasons when it could have been done in one, which really pisses me off. 7 seasons in a show as successful as The Walking Dead shouldn't have any filler, every episode should be an absolute smash 

Not bad, but no surprises again. The whole sequence of stealing the guns was daft, but it's exactly what I expect these days. I cant imagine much exciting will happen in the finale either.

No doubt a couple of major characters will die, but it'll only be one or two of the second tier characters: rosita/eugene/sascha/the priest/the token gay man/tara/carl's girlfriend. And will anyone care? not me.

If it's rick/carol/darryl/michone/carl or maggie I'll eat my hat.

I couldnt give a single, tiny shit who dies either. Out of all the names I'd mention, I'd rather eugene lives as his character currently has a glimmer of interest about it. The rest can be slaughtered in the most gruesome way possible for all I care about them.

I'll continue watching to the bitter end though. It's only an hour a week. It's not like there's anything better on telly! (apart from that mutiny with the beefy sas man, I like that)

• Upvote 1

On 27/02/2017 at 8:11 AM, gary1979666 said:

I'm not sure how much TWD will continue - seems to be a bit too repetitive and dull now.

they're talking of a 20 year arc now, and a greater travel away from the comics.

The 100th episode will coincide with the first of series 8 - so I'm expecting a good number of deaths then.

My guess for deaths is Tara even with her seven guns, and Shiva.

So if Negan's onto them so where's the leak? My guess is Jadis' crew are about to upset the apple cart.

To me there appeared to be a little foreshadowing with Sasha's conversation with Negan, and the latest comic of Negan and Rick - I'm sure it was intentional. I didn't realise Sasha was Holly.

I'm guessing season eight will start with all out war

Edited by 5co77ie

surprised to see such negativity. This it's been really good since midseason.

I missed it for weeks so had a binge last night. All caught up now.

The bit of Negan being mad about the guy going to rape Sasha seemed a bit daft though considering he has "wives" against their will.

oh and I wasn't a fan of the jump in Sasha's attempted assassination plot. 

favourite bit since it returned has to be the wire on the bridge part, that sh*t was awesome! When they drove the cars through the crowd. Class!

Edited by WS_Jack_III

surprise surprise - we come bang in line with the comics and episode 100 will be 'All Out War' - which should get the tv series to a certain familiar place for next series mid-season break.

Not sure I liked the Sasha/Holly story swap - where instead of Negan killing her she took her own life - I preferred the Holly version.

For those thinking there wasn't a lot of zombies.....

... I think we'll be seeing a lot.

I thought it was pretty good entertainment. I thought there might be more deaths of major characters, but it wasnt to be.

Did anyone actually care about sasha? And wasnt she only in a relationship with that ginger dude for a few days? I dont know why they made such a big deal about it. The flashbacks were just completely pointless.

The trash people just get worse and worse. Why have they lost all social skills in just a couple of years (or whatever the timeline is)? They bit where she said about sleeping with Rick was bizarre. Still I suppose it will be good to see them get murdered in a future episode.

Also I'm not sure why michonne made such hard work of killing that woman. Buy hey ho.

Was I the only one who reeeeeeaaaaaaaally wanted carl to get his brains smashed in??

The trash people are clearly a bunch of european visitors who were at Burning man when the zombie thing kicked off.  Travelling the country looking for supplies of high grade hallucinogens they struck a deal with Negan for some of whatever keeps him grinning.

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

I thought it was pretty good entertainment. I thought there might be more deaths of major characters, but it wasnt to be.

Did anyone actually care about sasha? And wasnt she only in a relationship with that ginger dude for a few days? I dont know why they made such a big deal about it. The flashbacks were just completely pointless.

The trash people just get worse and worse. Why have they lost all social skills in just a couple of years (or whatever the timeline is)? They bit where she said about sleeping with Rick was bizarre. Still I suppose it will be good to see them get murdered in a future episode.

Also I'm not sure why michonne made such hard work of killing that woman. Buy hey ho.

Was I the only one who reeeeeeaaaaaaaally wanted carl to get his brains smashed in??

Agree with you on all of this. Was still a pretty poor episode overall but after the absolute clanger of a series that preceded it I was just glad to see something, ANYTHING happen, even if Sasha's whole arc and death were silly and overblown because, as you say, who cared about her, and aye, her relationship with Abraham wasn't developed enough for it to ever be an emotional thing for the viewer.

Glad to see the tiger finally doing something also, even if the CGI, as impressive as it is, did stick out like a sore thumb. Really hope they stick with what they're currently saying about the next series continuing the war from the off rather than more character centric episodes about absolutely fuck all.

23 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

for ten not 12! - which has me stumped - we must have had a clue what the deal is - but no idea what the trade is in

I assumed Guns

I enjoyed the ending. guessed it early about the double cross,

The I will lay with Rick line made me laugh out loud though. very daft.

And how come the Tiger only got the bad guys. Would have laughed he had ripped Carls head off before being batted by Negan

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

I assumed Guns

I enjoyed the ending. guessed it early about the double cross,

The I will lay with Rick line made me laugh out loud though. very daft.

And how come the Tiger only got the bad guys. Would have laughed he had ripped Carls head off before being batted by Negan

I said this. Guess it's "trained".

On 4/4/2017 at 10:21 AM, russycarps said:

I think they're IT geeks who have lost the routine of the office.  The leader has that annoying knowing look of a hipster clique. Murder them? Say 'yes'.

I also think the King needs to stop his faux Shakespeare now

Not sure if this has been mentioned but who plays Simon has been bugging me for ages. Obviously googled what other films and tv he'd done and nothing jumped out. Just worked out its Trevor from GTA V. Whist googling also noticed Tara's brother in real life is Francis from Malcolm in the middle.

Edited by lost

• 4 weeks later...

I had a mass of stuff from Comic Book Day that I've been ploughing through - you reminded me to read 167 - oh jeez....

that was so, so chokingly sad, best story telling visually in some time.

Thanks Salt that and Cornell in the same day....

On 5/18/2017 at 1:02 PM, 5co77ie said:

I had a mass of stuff from Comic Book Day that I've been ploughing through - you reminded me to read 167 - oh jeez....

that was so, so chokingly sad, best story telling visually in some time.

Thanks Salt that and Cornell in the same day....

Sorry dude! Blame Kirkman not me!

• 5 months later...