The Walking Dead

luckysalt

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

I would stop watching

I enjoyed it, but I know what I am getting really.

I thought it was a good start again all. The war is brewing with the saviours and I assume that might spill into next season.

Does anyone know how big this area all the groups are in, as I would have thought supplies would be sparse (I know some are now growing things)

Is there an end date to TWD as I might get like FloorFiller if it ends up with loads of seasons and generally the same cycle happens

I've come too far now - I'm assuming it can only have three/four seasons left (I know they've said they have an endpoint in mind although I don't think they've revealed when that is). I also know what I'm getting but it still doesn't make the constant mediocrity any less frustrating - I know they can make good and exciting episodes, even seasons. I've seen them!

On 15/02/2017 at 5:21 PM, fred quimby said:

Does anyone know how big this area all the groups are in, as I would have thought supplies would be sparse (I know some are now growing things)

The series is filmed in Georgia and seems to be set in the south eastern US, it's never really been made clear how far they have ranged and the only city I recall them visiting is Atlanta.

As for this week's episode, about what I've come to expect so I wasn't disappointed.  The set piece was ridiculous, but fuck it, it was so cheesy it was worth it.  The closing scene made the whole episode worthwhile, a big click into place.  As ever the King and his subjects just make me cringe.

Edited by Spindles

On 2/18/2017 at 0:18 AM, Spindles said:

The series is filmed in Georgia and seems to be set in the south eastern US, it's never really been made clear how far they have ranged and the only city I recall them visiting is Atlanta.

As for this week's episode, about what I've come to expect so I wasn't disappointed.  The set piece was ridiculous, but fuck it, it was so cheesy it was worth it.  The closing scene made the whole episode worthwhile, a big click into place.  As ever the King and his subjects just make me cringe.

Forgive my stupidity but did I miss something with the closing scene? What clicked into place?

I didnt find the episode particularly great, but I will still be watching this program avidly.

I have realised that much of my problem with TWD is that there arent that many characters I care about/find interesting anymore.

Second episode better than the first, but those garbage people and the whole scenario surrounding them was stupid as hell - why have they reverted to some kind of Mad Max-esque trash civilisation complete with a Rancor like trash stadium when the world has only been in disarray for like 3 or so years!? Looked in to it and can't seem to find anything about them from the comics - are they an original creation for the show?

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Second episode better than the first, but those garbage people and the whole scenario surrounding them was stupid as hell - why have they reverted to some kind of Mad Max-esque trash civilisation complete with a Rancor like trash stadium when the world has only been in disarray for like 3 or so years!? Looked in to it and can't seem to find anything about them from the comics - are they an original creation for the show?

They seem to have lost the power of normal speech too, in 3 years. What's that all about?

On 20/02/2017 at 2:15 PM, russycarps said:

Forgive my stupidity but did I miss something with the closing scene? What clicked into place?

Just that he's been struggling to convince the existing groups to join up and fight negan and there, out of the blue, appears a large, hitherto unknown group, just what he needs.

On 2/15/2017 at 5:21 PM, fred quimby said:

I would stop watching

I enjoyed it, but I know what I am getting really.

I thought it was a good start again all. The war is brewing with the saviours and I assume that might spill into next season.

Is there an end date to TWD as I might get like FloorFiller if it ends up with loads of seasons and generally the same cycle happens

I've stopped watching, AMC are ruining the show, why oh why they are dragging everything out so much I just don't know. It's just simply for me not watchable as a comic reader. 

It's meant to take from the comics, but now its like a completely different entity and not one that I enjoy.

From the off, I've never liked Daryl, he's an absolutely SHIT character who was created for TV as a bit of a sex symbol and they're too scared to get rid. Everytime they try to give him some plot in the show it just sucks, the first half of this season was the whole Daryl taken prisoner etc, its all new, its boring shite, christ I won't go back to possibly the worst episode of TWD when it was Daryl and Beth [another extended tv character] only and it was dogshite.

Carol. Fuck me will someone kill Carol. She is AWFUL. Seriously if I was part of that group i'd fucking kill her. She's never been anything like Carol in comics, who is long gone, why she is here still I've no idea. Get rid.

Morgan, another character they have tried to expand on, they've ruined him, theres still time to turn him around though.

Rosita, completely ruined the storyline will Abraham from the comics, turned her into a little c**t on tv now.

Sasha another TV made character, I can't stand her, she fucking sucks and all because they fucked up on Andrea, so now Michonne as had to turn into Andrea and they're trying to make Sasha become Michonne, they're failing with both.

The only two Characters they've done alright with is Rick and Carl. Maggie is alright, they still can move forward with Maggie, heres hoping. Negan, well its too early, as with Dwight. Jesus, same, too early. 

I wish, HBO had gotten TWD and not AMC, boy how things would be different.

They've fucked up so much now though im not sure AMC can get it back on track. Too many filler episodes, too many created for TV characters and storylines, all of which are shite, seriously if you watch an episode and think that was crap, its cus its nothing to do with the source material. Thing is, theres still so much of that source material to take from, so why on earth do they feel the need to do this? 

In the comics, moving forward there's a massive gap, a 18-24 months time gap, where the story just jumps forward, I think it was done so that it gave the show some breathing room, but it was essential for moving storylines forward without the slow plod feeling of the show. It worked. But that gave the show a opportunity to write new stuff in that gap, they don't need to do it now. Everything is diluted, its a shame its become so severe, I can't even watch. I will say however, the comics are still as strong as ever. Even though it does kinda feels at times, in past couple years, they've dragged their feet there too. But things are moving along nicely now.

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

I've stopped watching, AMC are ruining the show, why oh why they are dragging everything out so much I just don't know. It's just simply for me not watchable as a comic reader. 

It's meant to take from the comics, but now its like a completely different entity and not one that I enjoy.

From the off, I've never liked Daryl, he's an absolutely SHIT character who was created for TV as a bit of a sex symbol and they're too scared to get rid. Everytime they try to give him some plot in the show it just sucks, the first half of this season was the whole Daryl taken prisoner etc, its all new, its boring shite, christ I won't go back to possibly the worst episode of TWD when it was Daryl and Beth [another extended tv character] only and it was dogshite.

Carol. Fuck me will someone kill Carol. She is AWFUL. Seriously if I was part of that group i'd fucking kill her. She's never been anything like Carol in comics, who is long gone, why she is here still I've no idea. Get rid.

Morgan, another character they have tried to expand on, they've ruined him, theres still time to turn him around though.

Rosita, completely ruined the storyline will Abraham from the comics, turned her into a little c**t on tv now.

Sasha another TV made character, I can't stand her, she fucking sucks and all because they fucked up on Andrea, so now Michonne as had to turn into Andrea and they're trying to make Sasha become Michonne, they're failing with both.

The only two Characters they've done alright with is Rick and Carl. Maggie is alright, they still can move forward with Maggie, heres hoping. Negan, well its too early, as with Dwight. Jesus, same, too early. 

I wish, HBO had gotten TWD and not AMC, boy how things would be different.

They've fucked up so much now though im not sure AMC can get it back on track. Too many filler episodes, too many created for TV characters and storylines, all of which are shite, seriously if you watch an episode and think that was crap, its cus its nothing to do with the source material. Thing is, theres still so much of that source material to take from, so why on earth do they feel the need to do this? 

In the comics, moving forward there's a massive gap, a 18-24 months time gap, where the story just jumps forward, I think it was done so that it gave the show some breathing room, but it was essential for moving storylines forward without the slow plod feeling of the show. It worked. But that gave the show a opportunity to write new stuff in that gap, they don't need to do it now. Everything is diluted, its a shame its become so severe, I can't even watch. I will say however, the comics are still as strong as ever. Even though it does kinda feels at times, in past couple years, they've dragged their feet there too. But things are moving along nicely now.

Daryl and Carol are 2 of my favourites, also Jesus and Michonne. 

Daryl is one of the highlights of the show.  Rick is terrible!

I'm not sure how much TWD will continue - seems to be a bit too repetitive and dull now. 

As for comic vs tv - you need to stop comparing.  I know it's hard, but I'm a GOT book reader and originally was a bit narked at what they added/missed, but I eventually accepted that they can't do it word for word, scene by scene.

We've both turned to each other after that episode and decided we're done. THEy have done next to no character development of the two who died this week so why are we supposed to care? Garbage. 

2 hours ago, bunique said:

We've both turned to each other after that episode and decided we're done. THEy have done next to no character development of the two who died this week so why are we supposed to care? Garbage. 

The fact it took me a second to remember who the two had died were says it all for me. 

I've just invested so much time in it I'm loathe to give up. 

9 hours ago, themuel said:

I've just invested so much time in it I'm loathe to give up. 

A lot of people in that position, myself included.

However I in fact thought that episode was alright. There has been far worse episodes and folk who have died who i have cared even less for..........

12 hours ago, bunique said:

Aye that's the big problem for me now - we finally got some character deaths, but who honestly gave a shit about them, or tons of the other characters who will undoubtedly die soon? Even some of the characters who've been with us a while or who are being built up to be main characters I couldn't care less about. Glenn and Abraham dying has just left a sea of faceless red shirts ready for the chop + the few main characters left who obviously aren't gonna die any time soon (and even if they did, so? I personally couldn't care less if Rosita or Tara or Eugene or Sasha dies because they're barely in it anyway and when they are they're annoying as hell).

Another absolutely fuck all happening episode about characters I don't care about. Considering the ratings this season seem to have taken a mighty dip and the reviews have all been pretty mediocre I hope the showrunners are having a massive re-think for the next season or it's just gonna die on it's arse. There needs to be more than just a load of melodrama and then one five minute zombie panic/attack in the middle in an attempt to keep the show on track.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Sniping Negan from long range seemed like a flawless plan. Why did they just give up on it?

Because seemingly every single person who survives the zombie apocalypse is a fucking idiot who can only make terrible decisions 

Edited by philipsteak

14 hours ago, russycarps said:

Sniping Negan from long range seemed like a flawless plan. Why did they just give up on it?

wasn't it down to Eugene telling people to go and check the outer building for more Zombies. Lucky they just switched on the radio at that exact time. And why there would be Zombies there is another matter.

How they don't think that running in will not backfire on Rick is odd.