Legends of Music

swede

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad would be one of the people there with a Pentax - I remember vaguely him going off by boat to see this I was around 3 at the time - he was gone about 2 months travelling by boat across the Pacific to get to Sydney. There's some piccies he took from behind the stage somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk_vpY0IFms

so does she like Paris, or not?

That Jimmy clip is quite funny. I love the distinction he makes: "there's the real, all out heavy thrash all going for it, like Motorhead, but then it comes down to, you know, the more sort of corporate sort of version of heavy rock, cause it's not really heavy metal then"

and he looks kind of... errrmm ... uncomfortable? :P

Yeah. 15 years of heavy smack use will make someone feel “uncomfortable”.

Hasn’t effected his guitar playing mind you unlike others, Slash and John Frusciante come to mind.

And as for great Joni performances......

Edit: - I dont think she makes a statement about liking or disliking Paris. Its about David Geffen.

I deal in dreamers and telephone screamers

Lately I wonder what I do it for, if I had my way

For years I thought it was about Jim Morrison.

Edited by The Nal

I have them both on dvd. I love the 'innonence' in both performances, there's a real purity there

Where'd you get them on dvd!!?

I've downloaded a load of live Neil gigs (videos) recently. The gig from Berlin in 1982 on the Trans tour is hilarious. Some of the stuff off that album played "live" with Neil and Nils Lofgren dancing around with just the headset mics on and all the robot noises!! :lol:

His new album is streaming online by the way. Very impressed. Its like a really f**ked up version of Pink Moon by Nick Drake. Some mean mean riffs in there. Particularly "Angry World".

Edited by The Nal

The greatest Rock'n'Roll drummer of all time died 30 years ago tomorrow. RIP Bonzo

ahhh, good old bono. Still think his drumming fool in the rain is the greatest drum groove of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1N_qX_r4Iw

Probably not legend status, but still fuking amazing and influential.

Edited by Budweiser

• 9 months later...

Just been to see Roger Daltry touring the complete performance of Tommy. Superb. Great band including Pete Townsend's younger brother (Pete's now deaf and doesn't tour). Great stage presence and what a wonderful body of music. A 10 out of 10 on our Glasto scale. Can't recommend it highly enough.