Hard Rock Calling 2011

Guest judyblue110

The problem is the longer they leave it the more likely everyone will be booked up for other gigs / festivals. Not just the acts either, cash is likely to be tight and chuck in hotel costs and Hard Rock Calling needs to pull its finger out!

I heard a rumour REM might be over for the summer festivals but who knows.

Edited by roadrunner66

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought but with a remoulded Thin Lizzy doing Donnington they could be on the Bon Jovi day as they'd fit like a glove.

Van Halen would also be a great addition.

While I'd love Motorhead to play Hard Rock calling I think they are a little too hard rock for the audience, I love them but I doubt half the crowd would know anything apart from Ace of Spades. Besides I think its more likely they'd do High Voltage or something like that after their Donnington stint.

I still reckon Foo Fighters are a cert for appearing somewhere on the Glastonbury bill and would be a great Friday band as there's nothing in their schedule for that weekend.

There's no end of possibilities its just trying to line them up in a coherent line-up that appeals to mainstream - something HRC aims for. It also all depends on what lands at Glasto's doorstep and how much Live Nation are willing to chuck at Hard Rock Cafe's celebrations.

Just a thought but with a remoulded Thin Lizzy doing Donnington they could be on the Bon Jovi day as they'd fit like a glove.

Van Halen would also be a great addition.

While I'd love Motorhead to play Hard Rock calling I think they are a little too hard rock for the audience, I love them but I doubt half the crowd would know anything apart from Ace of Spades. Besides I think its more likely they'd do High Voltage or something like that after their Donnington stint.

I still reckon Foo Fighters are a cert for appearing somewhere on the Glastonbury bill and would be a great Friday band as there's nothing in their schedule for that weekend.

There's no end of possibilities its just trying to line them up in a coherent line-up that appeals to mainstream - something HRC aims for. It also all depends on what lands at Glasto's doorstep and how much Live Nation are willing to chuck at Hard Rock Cafe's celebrations.

If Beyonce is the third Glastonbury headliner that rules out Prince as the American artist that was going to headline there,so i'm now thinking and hoping REM for HRC on the Sunday,Coldplay or Kasabian for the Saturday.

Well I'd say its pretty much odds on Coldplay are going to appear so it just leaves us with one day. If they announce someone else for Friday night I think we've got a Coldplay Sunday... Just thank your lucky stars we haven't got N-Dubz

I wonder who it could be!

Don't think it's Coldplay, seeing as Glastonbury have already announced them - surely HRC would just have jumped on the bandwagon and made the announcement to sway any Coldplay fans their way.

Don't think it's The Eagles, given that Hop Farm have them now (and what a booking! Noone called that one!!).

For the last 2 years, AC/DC have been heavily rumoured (or at least by eFestivals, make of that what you will...) so could be an option.

If I had to guess... I would say... Sunday is Fleetwood Mac. Friday is The Rolling Stones. Completely random guesses, but guesses nonetheless! ;-)

cant mate, been told off and checked up on this year :angry:

but i will say that if the get who they want on the friday its the booking of the summer, and the sunday sucks the sweat off a dead dogs balls!!

I wouldn't describe REM as pants though and Tugger reckons Sunday will be cack.

On the scale of how cack Sunday will be are we talking Cheryl Cole miming level of crap or full on VIP front row of a Simply Red concert having thought you'd booked Foo Fighters tickets... and having taken six mates with you so you can't deny it, level of cack? I understand if you can't divulge that info.

I wouldn't describe REM as pants though and Tugger reckons Sunday will be cack.

On the scale of how cack Sunday will be are we talking Cheryl Cole miming level of crap or full on VIP front row of a Simply Red concert having thought you'd booked Foo Fighters tickets... and having taken six mates with you so you can't deny it, level of cack? I understand if you can't divulge that info.