Hard Rock Calling 2011

Guest judyblue110

Hello to you all, whether you are a regular to this festival, or a newcomer!

After a fantastic year this year, I think it's high time we start discussing who we're hoping or thinking might grace the stage in Hyde Park in 2011.

I see Neil already has Roger Waters down as a "SR", which I guess makes sense, given that he's announced more shows at the MEN a few days after HRC, like Stevie did last year.

But what does everyone make of this? I'm not so sure about it to be honest... he already has 6 shows in London just a month before, adding another huge show a month later seems risky...

So come on, who do YOU want to see? Who knows, HRC might even be reading... I'm sure they were this year... ;)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha :D On a more serious note, I would say that maybe we can expect to see the as yet unknown but apparently already booked US act that is going to play Glastonbury also playing at Hard Rock Calling? Who could that be? REM are apparently touring next year; Fleetwood Mac have been suggested.... Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers have apparently been touring the states... All good! :D But something tells us that Tom Petty is maybe not big enough to headline Glastonbury on his own - Hard Rock Calling, maybe .. but we can see him doing something like The Hop Farm (which would be excellent for us cos then there's also camping! :) ). One thing's for sure - there's going to be some strong acts touring next year - so it could be quite interesting!!! :D:D:D

Edited by judyblue110

Hello to you all, whether you are a regular to this festival, or a newcomer!

After a fantastic year this year, I think it's high time we start discussing who we're hoping or thinking might grace the stage in Hyde Park in 2011.

I see Neil already has Roger Waters down as a "SR", which I guess makes sense, given that he's announced more shows at the MEN a few days after HRC, like Stevie did last year.

But what does everyone make of this? I'm not so sure about it to be honest... he already has 6 shows in London just a month before, adding another huge show a month later seems risky...

So come on, who do YOU want to see? Who knows, HRC might even be reading... I'm sure they were this year... ;)

we've since had some info - which in theory should be 100% kosher but you can never tell if people are telling deliberate porkies - that Waters hasn't been booked to play HRC next year, so the rumour has since been down-graded to be just a 'rumour'.

Roger Waters would have been good.

I reckon one of the Glastonbury headliners is playing and I think it may be U2 but could be wrong on that.

Iron Maiden are playing festival and stadium dates in Europe around the time of HRC so they may play although not to sure if they are the type of band for HRC.

Also Pearl Jam are doing a world tour next year so that would most likely rule out Soundgarden.

Maybe someone like Simon & Garfunkel would play if they are still touring or possibly the Foo Fighters or Muse?

Roger Waters would have been good.

I reckon one of the Glastonbury headliners is playing and I think it may be U2 but could be wrong on that.

Iron Maiden are playing festival and stadium dates in Europe around the time of HRC so they may play although not to sure if they are the type of band for HRC.

Also Pearl Jam are doing a world tour next year so that would most likely rule out Soundgarden.

Maybe someone like Simon & Garfunkel would play if they are still touring or possibly the Foo Fighters or Muse?

• 2 weeks later...

Would a reformed 'The Darkness' pull in the crowds for the Friday night headline slot? Plenty of plaudits for their debut album and they have crossover appeal. Or possibly Slash and his touring band?

Saturday night headliners.....Bon Jovi?

Personally, I'd love to see Cinderella on the bill.

Edited by Brain

If the Coldplay/Radiohead/U2 rumours are true, then 1 of either Coldplay or Radiohead will undoubtedly play, as neither of them have played their own concert there. U2 are no-go.

I'm sticking with my Radiohead guess, but to be quite honest, I could see it being Coldplay too.

Foo Fighters are in the process of rolling out their "new album promo look", so they definitely have an album out in 2011, so it's a possibility.

Motörhead should play every festival every year, so HRC should take bloody note. I'd also like to see another British umlaut-sporting band get a billing this year, Pig Irön. Both of these bands would add some much needed HARD ROCK into HRC for 2011.