Sunday night! Fires

Guest Hayles

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not being a dickhead here, but if you think this years sunday was bad you should of seen it a few years back.

I can remember seeing an explosion in Red from yellow bubble and thinking ' f**k off!! no way has that not just killed someone ' When telegraph poles start coming down and gas canisters are rolling across campsites on fire again , i'll think about it being ludicrous but until that point, not much can phase me.

Staff doing nothing!? Could they do anything with a backpack full of water and a spray-hose? I didn't see any firemen this year!?

everytime i heard a bang i saw a crew of staff running towards it, and if i didnt see them, i could hear everyone singing ghost busters and knew they were near.

i think they did a really good job

I mean I was on orange not red, same colour...

Staff didn't go near till people had moved on to the next 1 an the first died out.

I do agree they are not equiped well enough.

Should have had fire brigade there or police.

I went to v this year as well.

Not 1 fire. Well they don't sell wood.

But no trouble or anything never saw 1 bot of trouble.

But they have all services there. Police etc

I was so scared, packed eerytjin ip just left tent an sleeping bags on the last night.

I mean I was on orange not red, same colour...

Staff didn't go near till people had moved on to the next 1 an the first died out.

I do agree they are not equiped well enough.

Should have had fire brigade there or police.

I went to v this year as well.

Not 1 fire. Well they don't sell wood.

But no trouble or anything never saw 1 bot of trouble.

But they have all services there. Police etc

I was so scared, packed eerytjin ip just left tent an sleeping bags on the last night.

I suppose after years of fires being permitted, it'd be unthinkable just to ban fires? Seems to work at the TITP campsite?

Sure you get started on every time you make eye contact with someone but you don't have to worry about getting your personal belongings torched.

oi i was working as a CAT on red camp sun night and believe me we were doing everything we could! how can you say staff were doing nothing?!

we had 7 CATs patroling the fire lanes all night reporting via radio any fires they spotted to get someone on it straight away. then 4 ghostbuster CATs flanked by 2 members of security each patroling separate areas all night aswell as extra security patroling with water packs then 2 CATs at the caravan refilling water packs and helping with drunk/injured/lost/distressed people.

my shift was 1am-9am so dont know if you're talking about before 1am but my team were brilliant.

as soon as we saw a fire out of control too big or people throwing plastic/chairs/gas cannister on it we put it out straight away.

it was constant running from one fire to the next at the start of our shift but it did calm down abit.

i think we had it under control, people were actually complaining to us that it was no fun cos there were no riots!

it really wasn't as bad as i was expecting and i think this is partly down to how well we coped with it, keeping on top of fires before they got too big.

i camped in orange last year and red camp this year was definately nowhere near as bad as that and was also from what i could see from red alot better than blue and orange this year aswell. we were considering going to help them with their fires at one point!

oi i was working as a CAT on red camp sun night and believe me we were doing everything we could! how can you say staff were doing nothing?!

we had 7 CATs patroling the fire lanes all night reporting via radio any fires they spotted to get someone on it straight away. then 4 ghostbuster CATs flanked by 2 members of security each patroling separate areas all night aswell as extra security patroling with water packs then 2 CATs at the caravan refilling water packs and helping with drunk/injured/lost/distressed people.

my shift was 1am-9am so dont know if you're talking about before 1am but my team were brilliant.

as soon as we saw a fire out of control too big or people throwing plastic/chairs/gas cannister on it we put it out straight away.

it was constant running from one fire to the next at the start of our shift but it did calm down abit.

i think we had it under control, people were actually complaining to us that it was no fun cos there were no riots!

it really wasn't as bad as i was expecting and i think this is partly down to how well we coped with it, keeping on top of fires before they got too big.

i camped in orange last year and red camp this year was definately nowhere near as bad as that and was also from what i could see from red alot better than blue and orange this year aswell. we were considering going to help them with their fires at one point!

I think that's a terrible idea. One of the best things about this year for me was sitting around the fire after the bands had finished. Most people there dont want to cause trouble. And the majority of the ones who did set fire to stuff were pretty respectful to everyone around them, everyone gets on with everyone at leeds =).

I'd ban fires altogether. There's no way that people who attend a music festival to have a great time should be lying in fear of being burnt to a crisp in their tents.

As I said before, TITP's campsite has it's problems but for me, not having camp fires is one of the positives. Just wrap up warmer at night!

I'd ban fires altogether. There's no way that people who attend a music festival to have a great time should be lying in fear of being burnt to a crisp in their tents.

As I said before, TITP's campsite has it's problems but for me, not having camp fires is one of the positives. Just wrap up warmer at night!

• 3 weeks later...

So this is (one of) the reasons why this year no gas cannisters are allowed in 2011?

Sad pack of pricks starting fires etc. I was hoping to take the OH next year but I think I will give it a miss - this shit certainly wouldn't appeal to her. I haven't been for the past few years but it's great to see that things are going back to how they were the last time it was at Temple Newsham.

It's damn sad, and no doubt would be controversial but maybe an age limit on certain festivals could help identify who the majority of the culprits are?

It would never happen, or work - particularly at Leeds where the general crowd is, a young one - but worth a thought...?

Then again, the firestarters may just go elsewhere.

So this is (one of) the reasons why this year no gas cannisters are allowed in 2011?

Sad pack of pricks starting fires etc. I was hoping to take the OH next year but I think I will give it a miss - this shit certainly wouldn't appeal to her. I haven't been for the past few years but it's great to see that things are going back to how they were the last time it was at Temple Newsham.

It's damn sad, and no doubt would be controversial but maybe an age limit on certain festivals could help identify who the majority of the culprits are?

It would never happen, or work - particularly at Leeds where the general crowd is, a young one - but worth a thought...?

Then again, the firestarters may just go elsewhere.

Basically, my only real problem was the state of the toilets. w*nkers can be avoided; a trip to the toilet after several glasses of Jagermeister and a bad pizza cannot... how you end up in one is subjective but we all suffer the same fate when we enter one...

Unless you're female. I swear to God I'm going in drag next year just to use the toilets.

Basically, my only real problem was the state of the toilets. w*nkers can be avoided; a trip to the toilet after several glasses of Jagermeister and a bad pizza cannot... how you end up in one is subjective but we all suffer the same fate when we enter one...

Unless you're female. I swear to God I'm going in drag next year just to use the toilets.