Creamfields Was a Disaster

Guest Dom Ford

First thing i would just like to say is - as a resident of the local area to where creamfields is held, I started to become a bit horrified by some of the stories that i started to read on here.

We live within minutes of the creamfields site . I have infact contacted the police and my local council about the matter's i have read on here. From all source's i and other's who live local we have had a reply. Reports of thefts from tent's was less than 20. Reports of damage of thefts form cars in the car park 8. a small number of robberies were reported to police. during the course of 1 of these robberies a group of 9 to 10 people where arressted. 1 individual was caught in the act and 1 person was taken to hospital. the injuries we have been made aware of though severe are not as bad that have been mentioned on here. there was no reports of rape made to the police. if you was a victim of any crime you should have repoted it. if you saw anything you should have reported it and not just stood there and watched.

when i say this i speak for myself. we had a very good time at creamfields and since it's move from the old liverpool airfields we have found this to become a more friendly place. crime happens at every festival in the world. 2 people where stabbed at global gathering this year, A SERIES of violent incidents marred an otherwise peaceful T in the park, glastonbury has the highest crime rate for any festivel in the uk. both reading and leeds would have had trouble, v festivals have there problems. so it's just not creamfields. i read on here somewhere a company was putting flyers out on cars in the camping car park and noticed a lot of people left sat navs on display in their cars. people were advised to use the on site locker service to place any valubales in.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My support goes out for anyone hurt or injured at creamfields but on the otherside considering there was 40,000 people there somthing is bound to happen.

If you look at the ammount of police there are on a night out in a town and city and the ammount of people who get their bags stolen, heads kicked in and attacked. ive been out in a small town and more things have happened in a single night.

you could be walking down the street and be held at knife point and my self personaly would just give them everything ive got. I just made sure i emptied my walled out before going and then kept my bank card and some spare cash in the tent well hidden. This way is somthing does happen it dosnt ruin the entire weekend.

Ive had my head kicked in when ive been out the country before and this does sound a little harsh but at least when your not in your own town/city/local area you know its not a personal attack so you wont be watching your back 24/7

Sorry if the post is a little blunt its not ment to be disrespect to anyone as i can understand how people are feelings its just my point of view from what ive been thu my self before.

My support goes out for anyone hurt or injured at creamfields but on the otherside considering there was 40,000 people there somthing is bound to happen.

That's not true. There's plenty of festivals far bigger than Creamfields, at which nothing like these things happen.

Pleasingly, incidents such as what's been posted are the exception at UK festivals.... but sadly more extreme happenings to the norm are pretty regular at Creamfields. :(

this is the report in the local news paper.

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynews.co.uk/runcorn-widnes-news/runcorn-widnes-breaking-news/2010/09/02/cheshire-police-hail-creamfields-at-daresbury-a-success-despite-32-arrests-55368-27188379/

Cheshire police hail Creamfields at Daresbury a success despite 32 arrests

Sep 2 2010 by Daniel Mckenzie, Runcorn and Widnes Weekly News

CHESHIRE police have hailed Creamfields Festival an overwhelming success despite making more than 30 arrests over the weekend.

An estimated 70,000 revellers descended on Daresbury over the bank holiday weekend as they headed to the dance music festival.

A total of 32 people were arrested on suspicion of a range of offences including possession of drugs with intent to supply, possession of class A drugs, theft, assault, robbery, public disorder, drunk and disorderly and obstructing a police officer.

Of those arrested two were for drink driving offences and two were for disqualified driving.

//'); //]]>A further 122 people received a caution on site – 119 of those were for possession of drugs, two were for public order offences and one for theft. A total of 15 people received street warnings for possession for cannabis.

Despite these arrests and cautions there were no reports of ‘serious crime’ during the festival.

Full story in this week’s Runcorn Weekly News

DONT THINK THE NEWS PAPER ,POLICE WOULD TRY TO COVER THING'S UP.

SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO DAMPEN THINGS AND MAKE THEM SOUND WORSE THAN WHAT THEY WERE.

NO MENTION OF THE RAPE OR MALLET / KNIFE ATTACKS AND TRUST ME THIS IS MY LOCAL PAPER AND THEY WOULD HAVE REPORTEDIT. IF IT WAS AS BAD AS WHAT IS BEING MADE OUT ON HERE

That's not true. There's plenty of festivals far bigger than Creamfields, at which nothing like these things happen.

Pleasingly, incidents such as what's been posted are the exception at UK festivals.... but sadly more extreme happenings to the norm are pretty regular at Creamfields. :(

http://www.runcornandwidnesweeklynews.co.uk/runcorn-widnes-news/runcorn-widnes-breaking-news/2010/09/02/cheshire-police-hail-creamfields-at-daresbury-a-success-despite-32-arrests-55368-27188379/

CHESHIRE police have hailed Creamfields Festival an overwhelming success despite making more than 30 arrests over the weekend.

An estimated 70,000 revellers descended on Daresbury over the bank holiday weekend as they headed to the dance music festival.

A total of 32 people were arrested on suspicion of a range of offences including possession of drugs with intent to supply, possession of class A drugs, theft, assault, robbery, public disorder, drunk and disorderly and obstructing a police officer.

Of those arrested two were for drink driving offences and two were for disqualified driving.

//'); //]]>A further 122 people received a caution on site – 119 of those were for possession of drugs, two were for public order offences and one for theft. A total of 15 people received street warnings for possession for cannabis.

Despite these arrests and cautions there were no reports of ‘serious crime’ during the festival.

SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO DAMPEN THINGS AND MAKE THEM SOUND WORSE THAN WHAT THEY WERE.

NO MENTION OF THE RAPE OR MALLET / KNIFE ATTACKS AND TRUST ME THIS IS MY LOCAL PAPER AND THEY WOULD HAVE REPORTEDIT. IF IT WAS AS BAD AS WHAT IS BEING MADE OUT ON HERE

It depends on the accuracy of the reporting of what happened. I'm not saying these things didn't happen but they could have been the only serious incidents at the whole festival. As i've said before, I'm not sure that there's much credence in the rape allegations. Also, which festies do you mean that are much bigger and don't have any assualts or robberies?

Creamfields is much maligned due to its location. Yes it has an unsavoury element and has its share of incidents but you can only go on hard evidence which for me is police reports and personal experience and neither would indicate to me that Creamfields is any more dangerous than a City Centre on a Saturday night.

Guest musiclove123

Edited by musiclove123

This is all getting pretty nasty isn't it? fifilabouche_2000 the 'nightmare for people like you' is Barry George. Typical blog/forum poster i bet you have sat there all day logged in to here refreshing the page every few mins or so to see if there is any new post's. like someone say's up there some where this could have happend in any city centre on a fri or sat night.

thing's happen @ every festival and someone slated me up there for mentioning other festival's as this is a creamfields forum. it's just unfortunate that it has happend to people you may have know. i dont like to hear this type of thing as it has happend on my door step, i live within the local community and trust me our council has not granted a licence for a night club in over 20 years and i am sure if they had any thoughts about creamfields being bad they would'nt of granted the a licence for the event. things happen and we all must just get on in life. i feel sorry for anyone who was a victum of any crime. there is always someone who will always try to dampen what was a good weekend for everyone else.

the person who commited the asault on the lad in the very first post. was arrested on site that night along with 9 others. he has been charged and as far as i am aware he is still in custody. if it was me i would just lock him up and throw away the key. it's people like this who ruin it for other's

Edited by creamfields nutter

Guest musiclove123

Guest musiclove123

I just think that Creamfields attracts more looking for trouble scallies than most festivals and that's what the reason for the crime is. I bet some get tickets for camping specially so they can go round robbing and make a lot of money!!!

I would like to make a comment on most of the posts that are on here and have been made by several members of this forum.

If you was a victim of any crime you should have reported it.

For the amount of people at creamfields i would say the amount of crime that was reported was low. The incident involving the male who was attacked with a mallet a person has been arrested in connection with this assault. Crime happens at every festival in the uk, i can if need be post links to all references to the crimes. it's been a game of chinese whispers and the story has got bigger and bigger. there is a lot of people out there who for reasons i do not know would just like to knock the people behind creamfields and the police. it wasnt creamfields or the police or event staff that committed the crimes. A small minority of you would have been on drugs while you was at the event. You yourselfs are as bad as the people who ran through the camp site causing the trouble. drugs leave a trail of crime behind them. if i had had my way all those that got stopped on the gate with drugs would have been carted of and locked up for the weekend and not let into the event atall. violence is what we have to put up within this country as the punishment system here is a joke. mug someone goto prison watch telly and play computer games.

I would go as far to say that some of the stories that are untrue were started by rivals in the game to put a bad word on what was a good festival for most. To say there has been a big cover up is a joke within itself.

i wont be making another post on here because it reminds me of the sun newspaper and there is more shit on here than in my local sewage works

A small minority of you would have been on drugs while you was at the event. You yourselfs are as bad as the people who ran through the camp site causing the trouble. drugs leave a trail of crime behind them. if i had had my way all those that got stopped on the gate with drugs would have been carted of and locked up for the weekend and not let into the event atall.

Edited by Disco_Fudge

I would like to make a comment on most of the posts that are on here and have been made by several members of this forum.

If you was a victim of any crime you should have reported it.

For the amount of people at creamfields i would say the amount of crime that was reported was low. The incident involving the male who was attacked with a mallet a person has been arrested in connection with this assault. Crime happens at every festival in the uk, i can if need be post links to all references to the crimes. it's been a game of chinese whispers and the story has got bigger and bigger. there is a lot of people out there who for reasons i do not know would just like to knock the people behind creamfields and the police. it wasnt creamfields or the police or event staff that committed the crimes. A small minority of you would have been on drugs while you was at the event. You yourselfs are as bad as the people who ran through the camp site causing the trouble. drugs leave a trail of crime behind them. if i had had my way all those that got stopped on the gate with drugs would have been carted of and locked up for the weekend and not let into the event atall. violence is what we have to put up within this country as the punishment system here is a joke. mug someone goto prison watch telly and play computer games.

I would go as far to say that some of the stories that are untrue were started by rivals in the game to put a bad word on what was a good festival for most. To say there has been a big cover up is a joke within itself.

i wont be making another post on here because it reminds me of the sun newspaper and there is more shit on here than in my local sewage works

The only real trouble I had was getting kicked by some knobhead during ferry corsten. He ran up to me and kicked me. Grim.

But yeah, the police need to sort it. They were allllll too quick to drag my poor husband off to the cells for a few hours for something completely pathetic (he got pulled in 2008, they tried to do him for not owning his car, which he proved he did, then not having insurance, which he proved he did, and then having drugs, which he proved he didnt... and then having a weapon... he was a martial arts instructor ffs with a pair of nunchuks hidden waaaaaay underneath a pile of old rubbish, clothes, papers etc... kept saying he was obviously going to go in there with these nunchucks and start a fight... the fella cant even walk... f**king police), but they when they are really needed, where the f**k are they?

My mates Dad, my mate, his missus and their baby were being threatened with a knife once. This guy was going to stab them all. Cheshire police couldnt send anyone out to help "because its too dangerous for our officers".

Wonderful.

Further to your post and in order to prevent any further speculation we thought we should come to clarify what information we have.

Please bear in mind we cant disclose all the information we have as the attack that took place is still a Police investigation.

1. A young male from the Merseyside area was attacked at his tent in the red camp site by a group of males who we believe came over the campsite fence. He was attacked with what appears to be a mallet that was brought onto the camp by his group of friends to assist with the building of his tent. Police and security attended the incident, but regrettably they didn’t arrive at the scene to prevent what was a serious attack. The victim was taken to hospital and we understand he was released on Tuesday. The company has been in touch with the victim to fully understand the circumstances of the attack and to offer our support.

2. A group of males where apprehended by the Police & Security with one of them arrested.

3. We have no other reported serious incidents including a rape, we have to assume this is a rumour.

4. We ask that if any persons who have not reported any incidents please contact either Cream or Cheshire Police directly.

5. The accusation that we tone down the Police post event report is simply not true and not even possible.

6. The view that we sit back and allow these incidents to occur is also simply not true.

7. What happened to this young man who we believe had been a Creamfields fan for some years is as upsetting for us as it is you and is being treated with the utmost seriousness.

8. We will learn from this incident and we will be reviewing campsite security.

9. We will post updates about this incident to prevent further speculation.

hey, i remember this happening. we were camped right next to you guys (behind ketamine cove in red). my girl mate was one of the first people to find your mate when everyone was coming back. but i definitely agree that that night was a complete joke. we just so happened to have our stuff get 'nicked' as well. came back at 4am to find our 2 man tent and everything in it had been taken. Apparently some people camped next to us said they'd heard some pikeys go past our other mates tent who was camped next to us and go "thats the guy who's got coke in his tent" before proceeding to unzip his tent. when one of the guys camped next to us poked his head out and told them to jog on they got right in his face and told him f**k off before legging it. apparently there as about 15 of them all dressed in black. about 10 minutes later they heard someone going into our tent, but assumed it was us so said nothing. when we came back 10 minutes after that, the entire tent with all our belongings were gone. the police/security were f**king useless and said that all they could do was put out a search for the tent. the welfare tent had no f**king clothes or sleeping bags available, only those emergency blankets. thank the f**king gods, out of pure luck, on a walk back to hospitality, we walked a weird strange way and stumbled upon our tent literally chucked in between 2 tents with all our stuff still intact! the only things missing were our sleeping bags and a few odds and ends. what was funny was that we had alot of money and other expensive items in the tent which they hadn't even bothered to steal. no complaining however, i'm just glad we got our stuff back otherwise that would have completely ruined our weekend!

anyway, I hope your friend is ok now. That was a f**king horrible thing to do to him and I certainly don't blame you for thinking that Creamfields was a disaster!

Edited by teamjayjay