Belladrum 2011

Guest tweemo freak

Well, it's a bit early but someone had to do it. Who do you want to see at Belladrum festival 2011? I'd go with any of Ash, Manics, or The Flaming Lips as headliners, and The Wedding Present, Los Campisinos! Dananananananakroyd, Super Furry Animals, Frightened Rabbit, Laura Marling and The Boy Least Likely To for other acts over the weekend :) . What About you?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I'll play along tweemo.

Acts that would have me buying a ticket.

Manics, Bluetones, Travis, Ballboy, Bjork, Sigor Ros, Belle & Seb, Campbell & Lanagan, The National.

Acts that would maybe tempt me.

Turin Brakes, Reef, Air Traffic, Cage the Elephant, Vaselines.

Acts that will be there but I wish to hell they weren't

Dangleberries

Acts that may be there but I really hope they are not.

KT, Amy, Sandi, Capercallie, Runrig, Any x-factor rubbish, that god awful Pearl & the Puppets, any other female fronted girls name and then a band title tragedy such as barbera and the baw booters.

Edited by theampersanddevil

Pinching the buying/maybe/hell-no list idea from theampersanddevil, here are mine. I apologise in advance for the appparent mainstream-ness of it all, everytime I think I'm onto something new the hideous force of Radio 1 wades in and f*cks it all up. That, and I just seem to like a particular type of rock/pop/indie/90s music :ph34r:

Definitely buying - Manics, Stereophonics (too much?), Shed Seven, OCS, Ash, Elbow, Feeder (yes, again), Mumford & Sons, Biffy Clyro, Temper Trap (unlikely, I know), Jason Mraz, Counting Crows

Definitely maybe - Admiral Fallow, The Side, Train, Idlewild, Bluetones, The Courteeners, Frank Turner, The Holloways, Paolo Nutini (sorry!!)

Hell no - KT, Travis, anymore new "chart-breaking" bollocks like Eliza Doolittle/Pixie Lott, Keane, Razorlight, Lily Allen, any girl band, any boy band and, as above, X-factor bullshit and those Girls Name & Band Title sorts. Oh, and any of these highly pointless and hugely annoying hip-hop-dance-rap-whatever souls that seem to abuse my ears any time I come into contact with a radio station that has, evidentally, been selected by a 14 year old.

I've got a mindful of random suggestions but I'm keeping them to myself as I fear they'll get me lynched & banished forever. I've probably done untold damage already by mentioning Paolo...

Edited by herindoors

aaw there are so many to choose from- def go along with Ash, Manics, Flaming Lips ( I had been thinking they would be a great shout before I read this), super fuury animals, et al- had thought maybe Supergrass and maybe Therapy to bring a bit of life?? And if it's any consolation to herindoors, I wouldn't mind a bit of Paolo either, so they can ridicule us together! Basically just hope there are a lot less wee lassies with guitars next year- each to ther own but they were proportionately way over represented this year. Still waiting for teenage fanclub to make an appearance as well.

Actually, Babs and the Baw Breakers has grown on me since real radio, the daily record and the hour started championing her glasvegas with boobs attitude. I think they could definetly headline a stage next year.

(Please folks don't google babs and the bawbreakers, I made her up, much like damon did with the gorillaz and malcolm with the pistols, babs is my ticket to infamy)

Anyway the teenage fanclub shout is a great one. But seriously if enough people begin to Paulo, it may happen. I will not be responsible for my actions. Be warned people, the dummy could be spat and you may even hear such profanity as ........tut.

i would love to see : IAMX, Laura Marling, Yeasayer, Duke Special, Alabama 3, The Presets and what about We Are Scientists - not too big and popular but seriously entertaining??

Would help me decide yes Frank Turner, Idlewild, Seth Lakeman, Roisin Murphy, Foals or Friendly Fires.

Please no more Amy, KT, or basically the same things that everyone else has mentioned.

we will almost definitely end up going whatever is on though just as every other year despite what we say beforehand!!!!

Love them, but if its not got roger its like seeing guns 'n' roses now. Good entertainment but your kidding yourself on, glorified kareoke. (just kidding mate, but my dad saw the real floydd with barrett, so literally my dad is bigger than, or was, except he thought they were crap and that makes it worse, mind you he was a tremeloes fan) anyway good shout. But I'd settle for roger solo. (and might do, playing germany week before glasto...)Get him booked!

but I expect sandi thom.