Rumours LED may get cancelled?

Guest barrettefc

Seems daft choice of weekend to put it on anyway with Reading/Leeds, SW4, Creamfields, Solfest, Wizard plus numerous others on that date.

Rapdeane is the official spokesperson on here for Rockness/LED so perhaps drop her a message or she will reply when she reads this.

Edited by Paul ™

Waiting to get tickets is counterintuitive. People hurt themselves by increasing the chances the festival gets cancelled by waiting to buy tickets--if that actually is a concern. If people want to ensure this event happens it would behoove them to buy tickets sooner than later. And even if it does get cancelled we'll get a refund so there's no risk.

The show is not cancelled. For publicity purposes we always give away tickets especially in the first year to get new people to come and experience the show, especially from the outside areas of London. But this does not reflect that the show isn't selling and it will definitely be going ahead this year. Have a great time to those of your that are coming down! Hope this clears things up a bit...

The show is not cancelled. For publicity purposes we always give away tickets especially in the first year to get new people to come and experience the show, especially from the outside areas of London. But this does not reflect that the show isn't selling and it will definitely be going ahead this year. Have a great time to those of your that are coming down! Hope this clears things up a bit...

I have a hard time believing Leftfield and Aphex Twin couldn't draw a respectable amount of people no matter the weekend, and 40 pounds aside.

But perhaps my perception is a bit skewed because we're starved for quality electronic acts like that here in the states....

Hi Rapdeane

Can you shed a bit of light on the line up for LED please....there just not seem to be even nearly enough acts for the Saturday - especially compared to other festivals in London this summer like Lovebox and SW4. The website has said "many more acts" for months now with nothing new being added. It is not really filling us with confidence.....

Edited by yohankiwi

+1. I'm getting the feeling that they may be suffering from the above mentioned problems but instead of cancelling they are just scaling back and not booking any more decent acts. As I mentioned before, pump the volume is a bit of a questionable addition for a whole arena...

I bought a ticket for the saturday on the strength of a few of the first acts that were announced (tbh, only really because of leftfield and aphex) and on the assumption that 'many more' acts of that calibre/vein of music were going to be announced later. If this turns out to not be the case, I will feel very, very ripped off

Maybe we're just being impatient, but it is getting rather close to the event...

+2 I fully agree with both of the above comments - There are nearly 20 of my mates who have booked tickets for this festival on the basis of the initial line up with the promise of manymore acts to be announced. This was 3 months or so ago and not one act (of any note) has been added to the Saturday line up. I think its a disgrace they have misled people so blantantly - every other festival announces a few acts initially then continue to add more and more as the festival approaches. If this does not change in the next week we are going to sack it off and go to SW4 whose line up started off weak but is now much much stronger.

RapDeane i would really appreciate it if you would respond to our comments.

Thanks

I bought SW4 tickets because I'd already booked travel down to London and heard rumours that LED was cancelled. I'm really surprised there haven't been any announcements of any sort, judging by the sort of acts playin at all the other festivals now there isn't really anyone left that LED can pick up that is of any notable standard.