First Timer

Guest glastoman417

Hello,

This will be our first time at Summer Sundae and I was wondering if anyone has definitive answers to these questions:

1. Filming - someone said that they took photos of the band and security confiscated their camera! I know most concerts don't allow recording or camera equipment but at Glastonbury I usually film one song of each band I see for personal use. Is it true that photography not allowed?

2. We aim to arrive Monday afternoon, what time's first band on the main stages?

3. We are only going for the Friday and Saturday, but won't be leaving leicester until late afternoon. Anything we "must see" before we go?

4. Is it true we can take our own booze without having to sneak it in?

5. Are there any efests meetups at Summer Sundae?

Looking fwd to it!

In answer to your questions:

1.Saw loads of people taking photos/film of bands and the site last year so not sure about why anyone would have had their equipment confiscated unless it was thought that they were making a bootleg recording for onward sale.

2.Not sure you meant to type Monday ?

3.Not being local I couldn't recommend anything for you to go see before leaving.

4.Yes you can take in your own booze but prices in the beer tents aren't too bad for a festival as they are price fixed.

5. /index.php?showtopic=150927">LINKY

Have fun.

Hello hello and welcome.

1. Like all shows, bands always insist on no photography/recording other than by accredited media - reality is that unless you rock up with several tons of pro gear I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem (my brother is a very serious (amateur) photographer and took lots of kit to SSW - was asked nicely in Musician tent not to use it but no question of having anything confiscated).

2. If you mean Friday, then based on last year I'd say Musician stage 11.30 ish, Rising 3pm ish, indoor and main 4pm ish.

3. Depends what you want really. If you are looking for "touristy" stuff (and let's face it, Leicester isn't exactly known for it) New Walk is a Victorian walkway running from Victoria Park (SSW campsite) into the city centre and is really lovely. Not far from it at the city end is the Guildhall which is also worth a look.

4/5. What strolling wanderer said.

Enjoy :)

Oh, thanks...I had the same questions, and now I know=)

I`m going the first time this year too, and it just so happened, that I`m going there alone=\...Anyways, hope to meet lot`s of people there, and just have a great time. Looking forward to it!

Edited by Matvey

Oh, thanks...I had the same questions, and now I know=)

I`m going the first time this year too, and it just so happened, that I`m going there alone=\...Anyways, hope to meet lot`s of people there, and just have a great time. Looking forward to it!

Hiya,

With regard to photography you will require a festival photo pass to use professional equipment on site. However, obviously it is expected that people will bring in their own personal cameras to the festival and this is fine, but if you're planning on bringing a more professional looking camera (huge long lense etc) then you may be stopped by security over the weekend.

Start times - The Musician Stage will kick off at 10am on Friday, with the Main Stage starting at 3pm.

Cheers.