We need the excitement guys!

Guest hoolyberry

Flippin eck, im ever so shocked that there's hardly any excitement and buzz going about this year on efestivals! Tis my first time on this in a while - this time last year there was all sorts of posts knocking about getting peeps revved up, like loads in a day. Think theres only been about two posts today :O(

Now im a newby to Leeds fest this year as im usually partial to abit of V, so i need to find the buzz to this festival.....pleeease! Whos gonna be top notch to see? what booze are you taking? Found any bargain camping gear yet? ( i have, £8 - half price double airbed from Tesco, yey!) :oD Lets get this party started!

I'm excited. In fact the first thought that entered my head when I woke up this morning was 'I'm excited about Leeds'. It's still pretty far away though and I've got a month of 5 day weeks to get through between now and then.

Don't really need much new gear, anything I was lacking I picked up for Glastonbury. A new tent - the last one got wrecked at Glasto. And I might treat myself to a new inflatable pillow from Poundland.

Booze - as many cans as I can carry with all my other gear, vodka and assorted energy drinks.

I have a countdown timer on the dashboard of my mac haha!

As far as gear and booze, i've got most of my stuff form B&M bargins and its class! Payed £10 for a 4 man tent, £2 for a HUGE duffle bag and then things like ponchos, cultery sets and torches are in there too. It's mega cheap!

Oh and nabbed a lilo for £1 to save my back ;)

Not sure how much to take alcohol wise since im getting the train so i want to travel as light as possible so was thinking maybe one crate of lager, a bottle of cider and vodka mixed with something and then buy another crate from the supermarkets on site if its not extortionate!

I'm very very very excited! Just can't wait to get there (hopefully in the blazing sun), set up the camp and have a good chill on the wednesday afternoon. Its gonna be a blinding weekend as always. Especially looking forward to seeing a load of the bands I love this year as have missed some out for, ahem, various reasons in past years.

Flippin eck, im ever so shocked that there's hardly any excitement and buzz going about this year on efestivals! Tis my first time on this in a while - this time last year there was all sorts of posts knocking about getting peeps revved up, like loads in a day. Think theres only been about two posts today :O(

Now im a newby to Leeds fest this year as im usually partial to abit of V, so i need to find the buzz to this festival.....pleeease! Whos gonna be top notch to see? what booze are you taking? Found any bargain camping gear yet? ( i have, £8 - half price double airbed from Tesco, yey!) :oD Lets get this party started!

Edited by stephen07

aah thats more like it! :D like i say, this will be my first Leeds fest. Iv heard all sorts about it some good and some baaad, but thought id give it ago anyway this year, gonna be brill with like about 20 mates there! Found my wellies today and got abit giddy, ha! ooooh and also i saw Limp Bizkit on a music channel and thought - actually theyre gonna be really good to see, take me back to my school days! mahaha! :P

well i have another festival, a few other gigs and some other stuff before leeds.

ill get super duper excited after all that.

will not be missing, blink, motion city soundtrack, streetlight manifesto, the skints, limp bizkit, crystal castles, paramore, NOFX, billy talent just off the top of my head.

Edited by saskofreak

Im really excited but Im going to Istanbull for 2 weeks then seeing stuff at the Edinburgh Fringe then seeing Blink 182 in Glasgow before Leeds! So it seems really far away to me!

I cant waaaaiiitt to see Blink, Arcade Fire, Biffy, Weezer, Cribs, LCD Soundsystem, QOTSA and loads more!!

Drink... im driving this year so all the drink i can fit in my car basically. But I want to avoid having to leave the crowd too much for the loo (i did that last year n lost all my mates and missed being nearer the front for a few good bands)

I was thinking I could fashion some sort of portable toilet device... a bottle and a tube? :S

Any suggestions?

Bearing in mind im a girl :)

I'm getting pretty excited, Leeds is the last big blow out of the year for me so It's gonna be a good one. I cannot wait to see Guns n Roses, they are going to be amazingly good.

I'm just generally looking forward to being at a festival again, wandering around late at night and going for a dance at the Piccadilly Party with a few cans.:D

Im really excited but Im going to Istanbull for 2 weeks then seeing stuff at the Edinburgh Fringe then seeing Blink 182 in Glasgow before Leeds! So it seems really far away to me!

I cant waaaaiiitt to see Blink, Arcade Fire, Biffy, Weezer, Cribs, LCD Soundsystem, QOTSA and loads more!!

Drink... im driving this year so all the drink i can fit in my car basically. But I want to avoid having to leave the crowd too much for the loo (i did that last year n lost all my mates and missed being nearer the front for a few good bands)

I was thinking I could fashion some sort of portable toilet device... a bottle and a tube? :S

Any suggestions?

Bearing in mind im a girl :)

urgh god, the toilet situation at a festival really is the bane of my life! Exactly the same happened to me last year, i missed a whole lot of a set cos i was queuing up for the toilets for soo long. reaally annoys me cos i bet my bladder only bloody holds like a cans worth, so im always waiting for em! :angry: I saw a woman with a 'she-wee' walk straight to a urinal and use that, whilst im stood plaiting my legs! im soooo not brave enough to use one of those things though....no way, haha! And quite frankly the thought of those long drops at leeds is scaring me to death!

I'm buzzing for Leeds fest! :D

Been to a few others this year so iv got most of my camping gear already sorted

Its always the best way to finish off summer, just for the nights alone!

Just a good laugh all the time

Also I think the line-up's awesome this year!

Looking forward to Frank Turner, Dizzee, The Libs, Arcade Fire, Limp Bizkit, Cypress Hill, Weezer, Blink, Gogol Bordello, NoFx, Streetlight Manifesto, Biffy and QOTSA

And their just the highlights for me!

Gonna be a good year lol

I'm looking forward to a weekend of good weather, good music plenty of booze and perhaps bumping into a few folks off of here.:D

Edited by stephen07

Four weeks today, this is when it really kicks in. I'll be well on my way to getting pissed by now.

Went camping at the weekend to see the condition of my tent. Forgot a pillow, THESE ARE A MUST, in order to save your neck.

Nice new announcement this morning finishing off the line-up bar The rats(gallows) and one other for the lock up stage.

Listened to Rated R on the way in to work this morning, as QOTSA are re-releasing it for the 10th anniversary. I'd expect them to be playing a Rated R heavy set, with the rest of the singles.

Its almost upon us. So for the next month its cramming in time to listen to all the artists you are going to be seeing, and some your not. Giving all the bands on the introducing a fair listen to in hope of the next big thing.

Great, I seriously can't wait now.

Its getting closer now!... Its one month away. Its going to be amazing, im so hyped up about going to leeds this year. The line-up in my honest opinion is brill, if you dont want to see someone or some band then you only have to move to a stage and there is somthing to grab your attention.

Just a few things to sort out now, but all in all PurpleFire are set and ready to party!

Four weeks today, this is when it really kicks in. I'll be well on my way to getting pissed by now.

Went camping at the weekend to see the condition of my tent. Forgot a pillow, THESE ARE A MUST, in order to save your neck.

Nice new announcement this morning finishing off the line-up bar The rats(gallows) and one other for the lock up stage.

Listened to Rated R on the way in to work this morning, as QOTSA are re-releasing it for the 10th anniversary. I'd expect them to be playing a Rated R heavy set, with the rest of the singles.

Its almost upon us. So for the next month its cramming in time to listen to all the artists you are going to be seeing, and some your not. Giving all the bands on the introducing a fair listen to in hope of the next big thing.

Great, I seriously can't wait now.

I'm getting stupidly excited about this year's fest, but I totally get what you mean about the lack of buzz on the boards. Every year, there's usually loads of rumours flying about and tons of speculation about secret sets etc, but this year really seems to have been quiet. I'm putting it down to the fact that a lot of the "in-crowd" weren't happy with the headline annoucenment and so turned their back on the festival soon after. Unfortunately, Leeds and Reading have very much become trend festivals, which in turn, attracts a very fickle following of predominantly young teenagers, and it seems like the distinct lack of indie, which was in abundance last year, has driven a lot of the younger crowd away. I can't decide if it's a good or a bad thing. I mean, I do miss the buzz and the excitement of previous years, but at the same time, it's kind of nice to have been given a break from the kind of closed-minded music snobbery that was being displayed on an almost daily basis across the boards last year. Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that if you're young and/or you like "indie" music, you're an irritating snob...I like a lot of that music myself and think it's great that younger generations are so passionate about music...it just seems that the young/indie section of the festival demographic were the ones who have been the most vocal and the most ignorant/irritating in the pre-festival board discussions in recent years.

But yes...I am incredibly excited about this years' festival, and I can't wait until it's here. For me, it's going to be like revisiting my youth with all the late 90's, early 2000's bands on the bill...Blink, Weezer, Limp, Cypress Hill, Ash, Bad Religion, etc. I know a lot of people have been complaining about the lineup/headliners this year, but for me, this is one of the best lineups I've seen in ages. I think I'm most looking forward to Ash, Weezer, Paint it Black and Guns N' Roses, but honestly, I've got a pretty much full day right across the weekend, so I'm chuffed.

In terms of booze, we'll most likely be packing away a few litres of spirits in bottles and buying the rest from tesco. They had some ridiculous offers on cans last year, so it'd probably be just as cheap and a lot less effort to stock up once we're there rather than attempting to drag numerous crates across the campsite along with all the camping stuff. So long as I've got a steady supply of Jack, I'm sorted!

I'm getting stupidly excited about this year's fest, but I totally get what you mean about the lack of buzz on the boards. Every year, there's usually loads of rumours flying about and tons of speculation about secret sets etc, but this year really seems to have been quiet. I'm putting it down to the fact that a lot of the "in-crowd" weren't happy with the headline annoucenment and so turned their back on the festival soon after. Unfortunately, Leeds and Reading have very much become trend festivals, which in turn, attracts a very fickle following of predominantly young teenagers, and it seems like the distinct lack of indie, which was in abundance last year, has driven a lot of the younger crowd away. I can't decide if it's a good or a bad thing. I mean, I do miss the buzz and the excitement of previous years, but at the same time, it's kind of nice to have been given a break from the kind of closed-minded music snobbery that was being displayed on an almost daily basis across the boards last year. Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying that if you're young and/or you like "indie" music, you're an irritating snob...I like a lot of that music myself and think it's great that younger generations are so passionate about music...it just seems that the young/indie section of the festival demographic were the ones who have been the most vocal and the most ignorant/irritating in the pre-festival board discussions in recent years.

But yes...I am incredibly excited about this years' festival, and I can't wait until it's here. For me, it's going to be like revisiting my youth with all the late 90's, early 2000's bands on the bill...Blink, Weezer, Limp, Cypress Hill, Ash, Bad Religion, etc. I know a lot of people have been complaining about the lineup/headliners this year, but for me, this is one of the best lineups I've seen in ages. I think I'm most looking forward to Ash, Weezer, Paint it Black and Guns N' Roses, but honestly, I've got a pretty much full day right across the weekend, so I'm chuffed.

In terms of booze, we'll most likely be packing away a few litres of spirits in bottles and buying the rest from tesco. They had some ridiculous offers on cans last year, so it'd probably be just as cheap and a lot less effort to stock up once we're there rather than attempting to drag numerous crates across the campsite along with all the camping stuff. So long as I've got a steady supply of Jack, I'm sorted!

Personally , although I love Leeds , V has a far better line up .

I think there is too much of a reliance on American bands , and quite a few are past there best , Leeds

should have looked to the present and the future not the past so much.

Edited by riizch

To be honest, I think having long-established bands is really important at festivals to ensure diversity of the crowd. If you have a lineup that consists entirely of brand new bands or one specific genre, you and up alienating a large percentage of the audience. The Leeds and Reading crowds would essentially end up consisting almost entirely of the myspace generation. You have a long-established headliner like Blink or GNR and you can practically guarantee that almost every single person in the crowd will know at least a handful of songs, and that's what festivals are all about...lots of people coming together to enjoy the music. How many mass sing-along choruses would you have if all the bands on the bill were relatively new/unhead of and only appealed to a percentage of the demographic?

I do agree that I would have liked to have seen a few more british bands though. Also, I actually think Limp are going to put on a great performance. Check out their download set from last year. A lot of people wrote them off as has-beens, but they definitely silenced the critics and produced one of the best performances of the festival. Songs like Break Stuff, Faith and Nookie will always go down well. I'm really excited to see what they do :)

I am not sure how anyone can be excited about Limp , they had their time ( a short one ) and now they are spent force !

And I am still struggling with Blink being a headliner , I saw em last time they played and cannot think they have done anything since to deserve a headline slot.

And no UK headliners on Main Stage is rubbish imo !

Edited by kev1664