Summer Sundae bars

Guest Rob ic

We're very pleased to announce that we have created a new series of bars for the outdoor festival site.

With beautiful tents and some great new furniture you can now hang out at the Main Stage Bar at the top of the main arena, sup one of the 20 ales in the Real Ale Tent (still next to the Musician Stage, but now both are on Victoria Park), laugh yourself silly after a cocktail at the eFestivals Cabaret Stage, or get down at the Silent Disco in the Rising Stage Big Top, which now has its own bar too.

Expect a great range of ales, cocktails and the usual bar fare all served with a smile and at the usual Summer Sundae prices.

We're very pleased to announce that we have created a new series of bars for the outdoor festival site.

With beautiful tents and some great new furniture you can now hang out at the Main Stage Bar at the top of the main arena, sup one of the 20 ales in the Real Ale Tent (still next to the Musician Stage, but now both are on Victoria Park), laugh yourself silly after a cocktail at the eFestivals Cabaret Stage, or get down at the Silent Disco in the Rising Stage Big Top, which now has its own bar too.

Expect a great range of ales, cocktails and the usual bar fare all served with a smile and at the usual Summer Sundae prices.

Roughly speaking: Musician and Real ALe are where Comedy Tent was.

Comedy/Film tent is to the right of where P+C was.

Main arena bar is now up on the hill where Musician stage was.

We're all waiting for one of Jeremy's maps....

I asked this months ago, and didn't get a reply. Rob, it would be good to know yes or no, because I know people who won't buy a ticket unless they know in advance whether they can get a decent pint on site. Bearing in mind that most decent cider is only sold in glass bottles, some planning ahead is required.

(Obviously I know there are reasons that you may not be able to say for definite, but an indication would be good.)

I asked this months ago, and didn't get a reply. Rob, it would be good to know yes or no, because I know people who won't buy a ticket unless they know in advance whether they can get a decent pint on site. Bearing in mind that most decent cider is only sold in glass bottles, some planning ahead is required.

(Obviously I know there are reasons that you may not be able to say for definite, but an indication would be good.)

Oops!

I just realised how judgemental that sounds.

I really didn't mean it to.

I guess I'm just not as selective / fussy as some people.

The only stuff I have a problem with is all that weak watery Carling / Fosters / Boddingtons /John Smiths crap.

Bugger! Just did it again!

I'll get me coat................

Oops!

I just realised how judgemental that sounds.

I really didn't mean it to.

I guess I'm just not as selective / fussy as some people.

The only stuff I have a problem with is all that weak watery Carling / Fosters / Boddingtons /John Smiths crap.

Bugger! Just did it again!

I'll get me coat................

Oh my life is there really people who will choose not to go to a festival because of

the lack of proper beer and cider, astonishing !

Now I like a real ale on a regular basis but the good folks of summer sundae allow you to bring

your own booze, there are various non glass vessels that will carry transport your 'old peculiar hooky goblin landlord'

Also you could fill yourself up in the 'Criterion 'or 'Swan and Rushes' on the way to the gig.

Enjoy the music, I think thats the point of the festival.

I might start another thread, boycott the 'Walls sausage' van (next to the Rising stage last year), they contain little or no meat, we want meaty bangers . But then again it didn't look as though they took more than £2.50 all weekend .

1 - Some people don't like the taste of lager or bitter, so they drink cider.

2 - Some people cannot drink Bulmers cider because it is unsuitable for vegetarians.*

(Company Email:

"One of the components of an ingredient used in the recipe for Bulmers/Magners cider is derived from an animal source, therefore Bulmers/Magners has been classified as not suitable for vegetarians. This ingredient is widely used in the manufacture of food and drink. The recipe for Bulmers/Magners Original Cider is confidential.")

3 - Some people don't want to have to carry around a load of heavy liquid all day every day for when they fancy a pint (or two or three or four or however many), or to have to walk to the Lansdowne every time someone gets a round in.

4 - As a result, some people might not bother coming as it changes the atmosphere for them completely.

They don't complain about it, they don't sit in judgement telling anyone else who's right or wrong, they just ask if it's going to be the same deal as last year, they get an answer courtesy of the organisers, they say thank you (and again, the answer is appreciated even if it's not what they'd have wanted to hear), the end.

(* - and tastes like wee wee, but that's just my personal opinion...)

although i did go to 2000 trees this weekend, and they were selling cider from 1 tonne IBC containers. so you lot are massive slackers in the hardcore 7% scrumpy consumers compared to that. the orange tree bar sells a few boxes of old rosie. that lot in cheltenham drank their way through 6 tonnes of scrumpy, in a 2 day festival with only 2,500 people!!!!

There was no proper cider last year and whichever way you look at it, whatever customer experience you want to consider, giving Bulmers a festival exclusive on cider over real cider is a retrogade step for the festival. You'll be telling me there is no Phrased and Confused next...