Drugs at Glastonbury

Guest Daddy Earth

There has been some good, uniquely informative stuff on this thread though - like people considering taking their first tab at Glastonbury, and being almost unanimously warned off doing so. Those are Glastonbury festival goers with legitimate questions - I would have thought this place could accomodate them.

I take your point about arming ant-drug arguments with recorded evidence, but really? Is it hard to make the argument that there are drugs being taken at Glastonbury? - there's even a drugs guide on this very site.

I guess it's all beyond you. Never mind.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye nice one.

see when you get the bit between your teeth, you come across as a bit condescending and may I be so bold as to say arsey.

can't really be bothered getting into a to and fro on this as it could go on forever judging by previous peoples attempts at discussion.

It's your place and you can set the rules parameters etc, but it just sometimes seems slightly off.

If I'm the arsey one, what does that make you with your unnecessary insults? Get a grip, eh?

I was not aware that CCCheese was a female officer. It's funny how you make assumptions based on what is written. In that case I will revise and say that she comes across as a thoroughly sound woman (not bloke).

Either way I see Mr Efestivals point. Most forums would not tolerate the open discussion that has occurred in this thread and arguing the point when the admin would be well within his rights to just lock the thread and walk away seems pointless. Let's just all walk away and stop trading insults maybe?

Shame this thread turned into a bit of name calling, there was actually some decent harm reduction advice a few pages back which has got lost in all the bad vibes. That said, maybe that is the only reason the thread is still open!

Play nice children and be careful out there :D

• 2 weeks later...

The place is not the "drugs supermarket" it once was, that said that many people in one place there is a demand and there are plenty people ready to step into that gap in the market.

My advice, not that anybody asked for it, is don’t buy anything on-site bring in what you want from known trusted sources, which you would have tested with one of the many available testing kits, obviously B)

I am not an expert on any of this but here is my humble opinion...

At the end of the day, the law is the law. If you go to a nightclub there will be people taking drugs (ok, not all nightclubs, but 'that' type of nightclub). If the bouncers were to be strict to the letter of the law then they would have nobody inside the club. They will confront dealers and people doing it out in the open. They know that the other 80% of the people there are f**ked on something - its not hard to tell by looking at peoples eyes!

Use your common sense if you are going to be taking anything. There is no guarantee you will not attract the attention of the authorities, but then there is no guarantee that you will.

I am not an expert on any of this but here is my humble opinion...

At the end of the day, the law is the law. If you go to a nightclub there will be people taking drugs (ok, not all nightclubs, but 'that' type of nightclub). If the bouncers were to be strict to the letter of the law then they would have nobody inside the club. They will confront dealers and people doing it out in the open. They know that the other 80% of the people there are f**ked on something - its not hard to tell by looking at peoples eyes!

Use your common sense if you are going to be taking anything. There is no guarantee you will not attract the attention of the authorities, but then there is no guarantee that you will.