"Festival" Golf/Treasure Hunt

Guest craigus2002

A group of us have decided to make the Thursday a little more exciting by taking part in a round of "Festival" Golf. I should imagine most of you have played Pub Golf before, but we wanted to play something a bit different so we are going to be inventing Festival Golf :)

However, in order to prepare a scorecard before we leave on Wednesday am, I was hoping that the Glastonbury veterans might be able to help me out with a few suggestions of good things to do?

I'm thinking the following might be good:

A pint of cider from the Cider Bus

A warm can of lager at the sacred circle

Falafel burger from a food stall

I'd really like to make it a good way for those who haven't been before to explore the site too, so any suggestions gratefully received :) I've got at least 9 "holes" that I need to create.

Buy a chocolate bar from the 24 hour market

A piece of festy tat from JBs

A stupid festival hat for a quid from Mad Hatters (in West Holts probably)

A ride on the Rinky Tink to keep the music playing (in the Green Fields)

A sit down and enjoy the peace and quiet in the Permaculture Garden

Eat a Growler/Tartiflete Originale/best Hog Roast in town/Goan Fish Curry

Get glittered at Fairy Love

Ride the Monorail

Additional:

Put a nice donation in the buckets for Wateraid during the Efests World Cup at the Pyramid Stage

Watch the Efests footy match and support your team

And meet Micheal Eavis

all in one go!

:D

Hole Name Location Task

1 All aboard the Cider Bus Markets Drink your Fav Tipple

2 Hats Off to Michael Eavis Mad Hatters - West Holts Buy a "proper" Festival Hat

3 He ain't heavy! Brothers Bar A Festival Strength brew of your choice

4 Pedal to the Metal Green Fields Ride the Rinky Tink to keep the music playing

5 A bit of Dutch Courage The Bimble Inn - The Park Time for a quicky before the next hole

6 A decent Proposal The Ribbon Tower - The Park Take part in the FlashMob Wedding Proposal at 4:45pm

7 What a Whopper! Markets Eat A Growler/tartiflette orginale or welsh oggie

8 Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs Stonebridge Bar Sample the beer and a few DJs

9 Runaway Train Mysterious Location Ride the Glastonbury Monorail ;)

10 Avalon Zoo Avalon Café Another beer as we make the turn home

11 Away with the Fairies Markets Get Glittered at Fairy Love

12 At the Glasto, Glasto Cubana Glastonbury Cubana Cocktail of your Choice

13 Poker Face Kidsfieldz Face Painting for Everyone!

14 99 Luft Flagges Outside The Acoustic Tent Time for another tipple at The Red Flag bar

15 Love is a Rollercoaster The Unfair Ground Visit one of the attractions at the Unfair Ground

16 The Jazz Singer Bourbon Street Try one of twenty bourbons, a hurricane or a handgrenade

17 The Village People Dance Village Search the stalls for some Glastonbury Tat!!!

18 Billy Idol Shangri-La Time to dance the night away at the most random place in Glasto

That's best I can do - hope that makes sense. Alternatively PM me your email address and I can send you the excel file

We are all going to be in golf clobber, so look out for us :)

Bring as much alcohol as you can carry to the tent in disabled camping with the happy Christmas flag...

Once deposited a large fat blind man will give you a pass word and sign your card.

However it should be noted the later you come after the first person has been the more likely the password and the card signing may descend into a rendition of Lady Gaga's Bad romance.....

One of my favourite times last year was learning to Salsa/samba (can't remember which one, I was merry) dance at sunset on the greanpeace fields. It was truly amazing and had a great time with everyonne who joined in.

Welll worth adding to your list.

Also, make a 'mini me' out of clay at the minature pyrmaiid field somewhere around the cabaret areas