Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Football 2010-2011

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10647 replies to this topic

#10581 thetime

thetime

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,359 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

There isn't many times i agree with wenger but mancini is a disgrace talking about transfer targets the way he is.

Can't think of even fergie doing it.

#10582 sifi

sifi

That's the worst beating I've seen since Rodney.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

There isn't many times i agree with wenger but mancini is a disgrace talking about transfer targets the way he is.

Can't think of even fergie doing it.

No.

He'd just leak them to the process.

#10583 pink_triangle

pink_triangle

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

The rumours seem to be that parker is going to chelsea. I think Parker is a talented player and would do reat at a team like villa or everton. I however felt last season his talent was greatly exagerated by the fact the players alongside him were so poor. I felt it was a poor reflection on the british game that the journalists voted him player of the year and it would be hard to see the spanish or italian media voting for a similar type of player. I feel at his age returning to be a squad player is not what he should be doing and I feel this is how he would end up at chelsea. Also at a lower team his leadrship skills which he undoubtedly has can shine through, with the big personalities in the chelsea team, I suspect these qualities would be diluted to the extent they would be almost non existent.

#10584 Lithium05

Lithium05

Jaaaaaaaah Rastafarianism!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,499 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

I like the idea of Parker going out on loan and coming back if we get promoted. He deserves to play in the prem, but id hate to see him at spurs or Chelsea on a permanent deal.

#10585 The Nal

The Nal

Hoo Dawgies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,239 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:51 AM

So Tevez on his way to Corinthians then. For 40 million!! :blink:

The current biggest deal in South American football history is 13 milliion for...... Tevez to Corinthians in 2005...... 40 mill is....err.... astonishing....baffling...

Something smells a bit fishy to me....

"What the hell is going on here?"
Posted Image

#10586 The Nal

The Nal

Hoo Dawgies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,239 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:09 AM

By the way did anyone see Japans winning peno in last night WWC final?

3 mins 10 in. Textbook.

Edited by The Nal, 18 July 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#10587 ralph250

ralph250

Yeah, beat it, you lousy little ledge-peckers.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

So Tevez on his way to Corinthians then. For 40 million!! :blink:

Corinthians saying City have rejected it...

(google translated)

Em virtue of the news published throughout the morning realizing the success and between Corinthians striker Carlos Tevez, President Andres Sanchez MAKE questão the public to come clear that Manchester City accepted the proposal No. Corinthians hair athlete.

In fact, the club sent Corinthians u counter this morning, Due to the time zone just came to the directory conhecimento alvinegra now Pela manhã. At the counter, the English club asks CHANGE in the way of payment and the total value of transação. Alem said the Manchester City questão também MAKE Tevez that u open HAND quanties of slope with the English club.

By FIM President Andres Sanchez reports that behold there is nothing concrete per hour with Tevez and the counter will be characterized by he and his directory.
http://www.corinthia...o - tevez.shtml

#10588 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

Apparently the fee has been agreed but they are arguing over the payment plan and they want to use Tevez to generate new deals with sponsors and whatnot.

#10589 Wooderson

Wooderson

I loooove those redheads.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,270 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

City are taking the league for 'king MUGS if they think a £40,000,000 transfer to any South American club is credible.

John Henry's comment about their sponsorship deal was telling:

"What was the failed bid like?"

#10590 the_hedge

the_hedge

You sexy little swine !!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

Anyone watching 'How to Buy a Football club'? Interesting watch indeed.....

#10591 The Nal

The Nal

Hoo Dawgies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,239 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

Anyone watching 'How to Buy a Football club'? Interesting watch indeed.....

Missed it. I hear there was some controversy about SAF?

#10592 the_hedge

the_hedge

You sexy little swine !!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

Missed it. I hear there was some controversy about SAF?

To be honest there was nothing that we already don't know about SAF but Bryan Robson doesn't come out too well. Great player but completely flawed in everything else since including his drinking/management and business decisions.

#10593 onemangang

onemangang

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

i like to keep up to date in the transfer mark as much as the next man or woman. but the bullshit that gets published is just so wrong.

heres a small list of the main on line offenders for me at leat.

1 THE SUN: they said the other day wesley sneijder had agreed terms with united. a day later they said the same about Sergio aguero to city. they go on like its some massive exclusive when is pure lies :lol:

2. GOAL.COM: what goal.com do it take a word or a sentence form a fellow football player then some how drag it out over two or three paragraphs of news. they just feed off the papers, mainly the sun witch says allot for them i don't think. also you get loads of really brain dead comments on there for true yokels

3 THE DAILY MAIL: again just well over sighting the true facts and more lies. most of there news is old news, witch is something all theses on line vendors are responsible for.

as for tevez the hole situation its just laughable an im a city fan :o

#10594 The Nal

The Nal

Hoo Dawgies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,239 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:14 AM

1 THE SUN: they said the other day wesley sneijder had agreed terms with united. a day later they said the same about Sergio aguero to city. they go on like its some massive exclusive when is pure lies :lol:

The Utd/Sneijder thing wass very funny. Gill goes to the clubs pre season summit or whatever in Zurich and all of a sudden they've agreed terms. :lol: They just made it up, 100%!! No truth at all. None.

I dont think Utd will sign him anyway and after thinking about it I hope they dont. Its too much money. 75m over four years and then its back to where Utd were in midfield in the first place, with nobody there or coming through.

Id love to see Tom Cleverley get a good run at it. He plays in that position, was player of the season at Watford when he was on loan, has been impressive at Wigan, is only 21, a little nasty and a little arrogant too. Perfect.

#10595 The Nal

The Nal

Hoo Dawgies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,239 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Looks like Cesc is off. Pep claiming talks have started.....

#10596 strummer77

strummer77

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

Good to day to leak some bad news. Barely gonna be mentioned with all the Murdoch stuff :lol:

#10597 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,357 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

Hmmmm ... that's a bit of an over-statement it seems.

Here's what Pep is saying....

"Barcelona has made an offer, Arsenal another and we have time until 31 August and we'll try to reach an agreement. There is a sum of money set aside for this signing. We will fight to the end to try to get Cesc because we believe he will improve the team and the squad."

So what it really means is that Barca have made yet another poor offer and Arsenal have told them to f**k off.

#10598 The Nal

The Nal

Hoo Dawgies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,239 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hmmmm ... that's a bit of an over-statement it seems.

Here's what Pep is saying....

So what it really means is that Barca have made yet another poor offer and Arsenal have told them to f**k off.

Ah ok. I read that Pep and Arsenal had opened talks.

Wenger is publiuc enemy number 1 in Barca now, hes holding Cesc hostage apparently, stifling him, ruining Spanish football etc etc. :lol:

The f**king cheek of Barca.

#10599 ampersand

ampersand

silent gurner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,208 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

i just don't get why barca are so desperate. i can see why fabregas would be, but not the other way.

never seen such a drawn out transfer to sit on the bench.

what kinda price is wenger talking?

#10600 The Nal

The Nal

Hoo Dawgies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,239 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

i just don't get why barca are so desperate. i can see why fabregas would be, but not the other way.

never seen such a drawn out transfer to sit on the bench.

what kinda price is wenger talking?

35 bigguns I think.