• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• TheGayTent

• ampersand

A tad harsh IMO. He may not be good enough for a team who have ambitions to win the top flight and challenge in Europe but he's easily good enough for a promotion chasing 2nd Division side.

Hmmm - I'd say it depends which version of him they've bought.

He'd got back to pretty decent form in his last season at Fulham, but that defo didn't transfer to Liverpool with him. I don't know how his loan spell (was it at Forest?) worked out.

He's got the potential to be "easily good enough for a promotion chasing 2nd Division side", but whether that's what Leicester actually get we'll have to see.

Hmmm - I'd say it depends which version of him they've bought.

He'd got back to pretty decent form in his last season at Fulham, but that defo didn't transfer to Liverpool with him. I don't know how his loan spell (was it at Forest?) worked out.

He's got the potential to be "easily good enough for a promotion chasing 2nd Division side", but whether that's what Leicester actually get we'll have to see.

I think it's more than likely they'll get what he's been for the majority of his career - a player good enough for a mediocre mid table top flight side. Over 300 league appearances to his name.

At times he's been that "player good enough for a mediocre mid table top flight side", but not always. His form has dipped quite significantly at times.

He's a player I was impressed with at around the time he got his first England call-up - deserved at the time IMO - but that form didn't last. It was easy to see that it had fallen away quite a bit.

I'm guessing that there's an amount of self-interest in your support of him. Whether consciously intended or not, you do have a habit of posting in support of ex-Hammers.

I could suggest you have a habit of posting opinions about players you don't regard are good enough for your beloved Liverpool - but then I'd be wrong because you don't support Liverpool do you...

:rolleyes:

I can't remember ever making a post saying that a player isn't good enough for Liverpool - tho it's possible that it's happened.

But I do remember posting, against many people's opinions here that Konchesky wasn't good enough for Liverpool, that I felt he was. I wasn't lauding him as a fantastic signing or anything, but I was saying (based on the form he'd had at Fulham in the season before) that he was an alright buy at the price and a reasonable acquisition for a team in the position they were in at that time.

Still, you have managed to get one thing right here. I don't support Liverpool.

But I do remember posting, against many people's opinions here that Konchesky wasn't good enough for Liverpool, that I felt he was. I wasn't lauding him as a fantastic signing or anything, but I was saying (based on the form he'd had at Fulham in the season before)

One of my best mates at Uni is a big Fulham fan. He always maintained in that 2009/10 season that PK was the weak link in that side.

Perhaps he was. When I'd have been watching any Fulham matches I wouldn't have been thinking about things in that way.

What I did notice was that PK had managed to improve his form from what it had been in the year or more before up towards the better level he'd achieved earlier in his career.

I'm certainly not alone with that thought. I can remember reading a number of articles at around that time which were saying much the same thing.

More amusement.

Something I haven't done. Something that you do regularly.

Yeah, it's all my invention, I've faked the stuff in my post at 3.14pm (/index.php?showtopic=148869&view=findpost&p=3665633">here), and you've not removed anything from your 2:23pm post (/index.php?showtopic=148869&view=findpost&p=3665578">here) which you edited at 3:18pm.

Oh look, here comes those rolly eyes at you yet again....

Yeah, it's all my invention, I've faked the stuff in my post at 3.14pm (/index.php?showtopic=148869&view=findpost&p=3665633">here), and you've not removed anything from your 2:23pm post (/index.php?showtopic=148869&view=findpost&p=3665578">here) which you edited at 3:18pm.

Oh look, here comes those rolly eyes at you yet again....

Playing the lone striker they both may have done, that doesn't make them the same type of player though as you said does it. They're completing different types of player albeit playing the same role, just as Slyvester McCoy wasn't the same type of actor as Jon Pertwee.

Just to go back a page, I thought Konchesly was great at Forest. He bought proffesionallism to a young squad and could take the ball past a midfielder with ease at Championship level. He'll be a good signing for City, a bit on the pricy side at this level but that's the way the second division is going.

Just to go back a page, I thought Konchesly was great at Forest. He bought proffesionallism to a young squad and could take the ball past a midfielder with ease at Championship level. He'll be a good signing for City, a bit on the pricy side at this level but that's the way the second division is going.