Football 2010-2011

Guest eFestivals

i like to keep up to date in the transfer mark as much as the next man or woman. but the bullshit that gets published is just so wrong.

heres a small list of the main on line offenders for me at leat.

1 THE SUN: they said the other day wesley sneijder had agreed terms with united. a day later they said the same about Sergio aguero to city. they go on like its some massive exclusive when is pure lies :lol:

2. GOAL.COM: what goal.com do it take a word or a sentence form a fellow football player then some how drag it out over two or three paragraphs of news. they just feed off the papers, mainly the sun witch says allot for them i don't think. also you get loads of really brain dead comments on there for true yokels

3 THE DAILY MAIL: again just well over sighting the true facts and more lies. most of there news is old news, witch is something all theses on line vendors are responsible for.

as for tevez the hole situation its just laughable an im a city fan :O

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• TheGayTent

• ampersand

Looks like Cesc is off. Pep claiming talks have started.....

Hmmmm ... that's a bit of an over-statement it seems.

Here's what Pep is saying....

"Barcelona has made an offer, Arsenal another and we have time until 31 August and we'll try to reach an agreement. There is a sum of money set aside for this signing. We will fight to the end to try to get Cesc because we believe he will improve the team and the squad."

So what it really means is that Barca have made yet another poor offer and Arsenal have told them to f**k off.

35 bigguns I think.

I thought it was £45M?

Barca are already at around £35M with their bid, and everyone sort-of knew they'd bid that sort of amount (it's all they've actually got, after all), but I'd be surprised if they get him for less than £40M .... the one thing which I reckon might have Arsenal go lower is if they believe that Fabregas has some sort of injury that will permanently hamper his performances for them. After all, if all Arsenal believe they'll get from him in future is something around the form he had last season, then £35M would be a great price in hindsight. Arsenal are very shrewd at offloading players they've already got the best from, so I don't see that as an impossibility.

We went through a player by player comparison of the respective Sunderland and Liverpool squads, in which you stated that pretty much every single Sunderland player wasn't good enough for Liverpool.

Interesting to see Henderson go.

Ahhh, stating the blindingly obvious isn't anything remotely memorable, so that'd be why I'd have forgotten saying that, if I did.

On Henderson's overall form last season he's not good enough for a Liverpool that's fighting at around the top. But as a young player he does have the potential to be that, but at the same time Liverpool aren't yet at the stage where they believe they can fight at around the top, they're merely at the stage where they're trying to get back into the top four. Without Chumps League footie they don't have any other option.

Remember, I'm the guy who said that Sunderland would finish around where they did, while you believed them to be genuine top 6 challengers. It didn't help them selling Bent of course, but that was to be pretty much expected as they're a selling club and a VERY long way from being able to hold onto decent players if other better clubs come calling.

I thought it was £45M?

Barca are already at around £35M with their bid, and everyone sort-of knew they'd bid that sort of amount (it's all they've actually got, after all), but I'd be surprised if they get him for less than £40M .... the one thing which I reckon might have Arsenal go lower is if they believe that Fabregas has some sort of injury that will permanently hamper his performances for them. After all, if all Arsenal believe they'll get from him in future is something around the form he had last season, then £35M would be a great price in hindsight. Arsenal are very shrewd at offloading players they've already got the best from, so I don't see that as an impossibility.

If that is the current state of proceedings, then I think with the prices going around, he should go for £>40m, but I'm not convinced he will. Arsenal can't generate a bidding war, as only one club Cesc's gonna go to, and so I think they'll settle at close to the £35-37m mark.

hmmmmm ..... I can't image you ever saying anything similar about Skippy, even tho the situation was as good as identical. ;)

Barca dont throw silly money at players like Madrid.

ralph didn't talk about the merits or not of a club's spending, just about Cesc's situation and why he thinks Arsenal should take a small fee.

As I said, I can't image him ever saying anything similar about Skippy, even tho the situation was as good as identical.

Liverpool looking to offload Aquilani, loan or sale. The pre season tour was a shop window it seems.

it's gotta be bullshit, but the beeb's gossip page today mentioned that someone is reporting that Man City want him. :lol:

It's hardly a surprise that they're looking to offload him - Liverpool are currently overloaded with midfielders. Along with Aquilani I can see them trying to offload all of the following too:- Meireles, J Cole, Maxi, Poulsen, Jovanovic, and even possibly Shelvey (tho perhaps more likely to go out on loan). And probably other players who have slipped my mind.

ralph didn't talk about the merits or not of a club's spending, just about Cesc's situation and why he thinks Arsenal should take a small fee.

As I said, I can't image him ever saying anything similar about Skippy, even tho the situation was as good as identical.

Edited by The Nal

Most rumours are aren't they! Apparently Tevez is en route to Inter now as it "represents a realistic relocation destination for his family".

Yeah - the family who live in Argentina and the wife hes seperated from who has custody of his kids. :rolleyes:

to be fair to Tevez, despite him being separated from his wife, she was living in or near Manc so he could be near the kids, but she hated it so moved (back to Argie).

I don't think that rules out her moving to somewhere else in Europe if he found a club in another country - and of course if that were Italy or Spain the culture is likely to be more to her liking than Manc was. So there's a reasonable possibility that there's more truth to the whole situation than most people (including me) are currently giving it.

Meireles - They should keep him.

J Cole - Get rid, a disaster! Has there ever been a talent whos failed to deliver. Remember he was the next Maradona when he was 18?!

Maxi - Average

Poulsen - Garbage

Jovanovic - As above.

With Meireles, I think there's a contract dispute of some kind - I've read that he's pissed off because he believes he was told he'd get a better contract this summer. I'm guessing that Liverpool now feel there's better value with some of the new players they've signed.

If anyone is mug enough to take Cole then he'll be gone in a shot. But even 'Arry's not that stupid ... is he? :unsure:

Poulsen is garbage, yep, but on paper he should have been a decent fill-in signing at the point he was signed. I don't think that Woy can be blamed too harshly for that signing, given the money he had to spend at the time.

Jovanovic probably isn't too much different (tho a Rafa signing). Rafa didn't have money for transfers, so picked up a needed winger on a free (tho stupid wages of £100k). IMO he didn't really get a chance, and while he wasn't stunning he didn't look to shabby in the little time he had on the pitch.

Shelvey - Whats he? 19? Selling him now could be a big mistake. Beachball Brucie will take him for a year. Kenny just needs Fergie to give it the ok. Brucie will take that as gospel. :lol:

Kenny clearly likes him tho I can't say he stood out to me. But perhaps he needs more games, which a loan would get him. So, as a big money signing for a kid, he's probably more likely to go out on loan (I did see a club mentioned, it might have been Forest).

Speaking of Liverpool, I see the Serbs have arrested "Goran Hadzic", the last of the warlords.

Look familiar?

_54162297_012491279-2.jpg

PMSL. :lol: